Chester Interview by The West Australian

Yass

If Chester enjoys the fame of being in LP, he sure as hell deserves and has the right to do so considering he help build the band with all his heart and strength.

I think what Chester said and what he probably meant are not one and the same. The way i see it, he probably meant that if he had a choice, the priority and obvious choice of his loyalty and dedication has to be LP because that is just how it is.

And obviously, DBS was created as an outlet for LP rejected songs. It's not what Chester is implying, it is the concrete truth. If LP hadn't rejected any of those songs, there wouldn't be a DBS. There is a reason the album was called Out of Ashes. LP burned the song ideas, and Chester picked it up and made the album we know. <_<

Totally disagree. He said he brought a few of the songs to LP and while the band liked them, he didn't want them to be messed with. I think all the songs on OOA are incredible, I love the whole album from start to finish. Do you really think he would have brought songs like GMYN or ITD to LP? No. He probably brought some rough demos and that was it. Mike did FM, Chester can do DBS, it's fine. The only problem is that he seems to be losing interest in LP. LP seems more of just like a 'job' when it shouldn't be, that's what I was trying to say. The DBS songs aren't 'rejected' songs at all, don't know why you would call them that because that's pretty stupid.

''Linkin Park are always No.1 so I'm forced … not forced, I am at the whim of whatever Linkin Park are doing at the time.''

I didn't like that quote too much at all. 'Forced'? Sorry but LP is 100 times better than DBS is and I think he just likes the fame of being in LP, not so sure if he even enjoys being in the band at all anymore. The rest of the band looks so focused and what not and Chester always just looks bored now.

yes, u ar right. comparing with LP, DBS is really a shit. by the way, his sucked side project really slows down the process of LP producing their new album. :angry:

see this article

http://lptimes.com/news2008/jan/news01272008.html

chester said that he HAD bad relationship with his bandmates, i think this might also be a truth even for now. as i have observed, in the LP's concert there are barely any conversations between chester and mike, the two vocalists. bad relationship between chester and rest of the LP might be a possible reason, i just think.

is LP dissolving?? :(

Edited by guk

yes, u ar right. comparing with LP, DBS is really a shit. by the way, his sucked side project really slows down the process of LP producing their new album. :angry:

see this article

chester said that he HAD bad relationship with his bandmates, i think this might also be a truth even for now. as i have observed, in the LP's concert there are barely any conversations between chester and mike, the two vocalists. bad relationship between chester and rest of the LP might be a possible reason, i just think.

That's got nothin to do with it the reson theY wernt geting on then was cose Chester was turning up to the studio drunk and stoned and did no work and the band didint like him when he was drunk. He's sober now so there ok u can tell they get on. Chester will be fine with linkin park when the albums out and he'S touring with them I'd be bored and pissed off if I was stuck in the studio on and off for 3 years Edited by sian18

i kinda lost a lot of respect for chester after he bashed the people who gave OOA bad reviews, as if it was a masterpiece and most records get criticized, you live with it and go on. I liked a few songs on OOA but not enough to interest me to get into them. I really hope he didnt mean forced as in he sees lp as a contract he has to follow against his will.

i kinda lost a lot of respect for chester after he bashed the people who gave OOA bad reviews, as if it was a masterpiece and most records get criticized, you live with it and go on. I liked a few songs on OOA but not enough to interest me to get into them. I really hope he didnt mean forced as in he sees lp as a contract he has to follow against his will.

True, but I'd bash the criticts who would give my band's album bad reviews too :D its human nature lol

see this article

Not sure you read the article. Chester was drinking and stuff, who would have a good relationship then? But if you read Chester sobered up and had a better relationship with the band. In fact I remember him saying that he said it was the band members who helped him get through his rough divorce. Also I remember an interview that Chester did with Kerrang I believe, he said that he and Mike didn't argue.

Edit: http://images49.fotki.com/v1556/filea3Fy/a...22/kerrang4.jpg

Quote: "I don't think I've ever fought with Mike. I've never even really had an argument with him. We all get along so well."

That interview wasn't really that long ago. I think you guys are really blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

I've said it before and I'm not afraid to say it again:

Anyone who thinks Linkin Park is going to break up because of DBS is a fucking moron.

I dunno that I'd be THAT harsh :P but Chester isn't leaving LP. The people who are thinking that just aren't seeing the big picture.

Option A: A band you've been in for a decade, has had huge success, TONS of fans, a unique sound, able to put on HUGE shows anywhere in the world.

Option B: Small new band, very little interest, typical "garage band" rock sound, opening for Paramore.

Yeah. LP isn't going anywhere.

Totally disagree. He said he brought a few of the songs to LP and while the band liked them, he didn't want them to be messed with. I think all the songs on OOA are incredible, I love the whole album from start to finish. Do you really think he would have brought songs like GMYN or ITD to LP? No. He probably brought some rough demos and that was it. Mike did FM, Chester can do DBS, it's fine. The only problem is that he seems to be losing interest in LP. LP seems more of just like a 'job' when it shouldn't be, that's what I was trying to say. The DBS songs aren't 'rejected' songs at all, don't know why you would call them that because that's pretty stupid.

Rejection could either be positive or negative. You're choosing to see it in a negative light. Your problem not mine. LP rejected the songs because if they didn't, the songs would be altered from Chester's original idea to fit with Linkin Park which they didn't want. Just because you don't want to see it that way doesn't mean my opinion is less valid than yours. That's your point and i could care less. I never said the whole album. You took what i said and made a blanket assumption. No one said the album was bad. I love the album.

As for everyone speculating on Chester losing interest in LP, that is all it is.

Anyone who thinks Linkin Park is going to break up because of DBS is a fucking moron.

QFT

Chester isnt going anywhere...

offtopic: Do people not know how to use spell check???? :blink:

Option A: A band you've been in for a decade, has had huge success, TONS of fans, a unique sound, able to put on HUGE shows anywhere in the world.

Option B: Small new band, very little interest, typical "garage band" rock sound, opening for Paramore.

In DBS Chester is the Leader, plays is own songs... is the SOLO projekt.

Everybody can change his mind, i believe chester dont change LP for DBS

I dunno that I'd be THAT harsh :P but Chester isn't leaving LP. The people who are thinking that just aren't seeing the big picture.

Yeah. LP isn't going anywhere.

I agree with this. DBS is a much, much smaller band than LP.

I bet if I ask all of my friends, they will know who LP is, and when I ask them about DSB they will like "WTF? Who are they?"

Edited by JoeyLP

do you think the lead singer of a band working on a side project in a time that the band's new album is finishing is a normal phenomenon???

Zomg Chester is teh unhappy! He gonna leave LP! noOOoOoOooo....

Just random... Chester isn't going to leave. It was once said before. With the advancements in music making it isn't hard for an artist to do two things. Yes it can get in the way at times but Chester is still 100% LP. Doesn't mean he won't work on DBS stuff when they guys are on the road this year.

Zomg Chester is teh unhappy! He gonna leave LP! noOOoOoOooo....

Just random... Chester isn't going to leave. It was once said before. With the advancements in music making it isn't hard for an artist to do two things. Yes it can get in the way at times but Chester is still 100% LP. Doesn't mean he won't work on DBS stuff when they guys are on the road this year.

that and he would look funny with having that HUGE LP tattoo on his back haha

that and he would look funny with having that HUGE LP tattoo on his back haha

Exactly. That tattoo is proof of his pure dedication to LP :lol:

You don't see Dean by Sunrise tattooed anywhere on his body now do you. ;)

Edited by arbiter