Mike LPU Chat

hahninator

Wow, the time sure has flown by - Mike's LPUnderground chat with the members is on the 9th at 12:30pm PST. Be sure and be there, because Mike chats are usually VERY informative.

Does anyone know exactly what you're going to ask yet? Maybe we could get some stuff asked about another art show (New York or something?), LPU9 demos, Across The Line and the older DSP's the band is going to sell. Those are just some ideas.

Hope you can make it out...the chatroom will be packed!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, Cool! Mike is chatting on my birthday which is also tomorrow :)

Possible Questions:

Why did ATL didn't make it on MTM?

Possible more mike singing on the new record?

he confirmed he'll rap more, but plain singing?

as we all heard on the demos, he has an amazing voice :o (even thought i didnt like IN between) but NMRL , Fear ...

Did they fix the ProTools problem? is there a possibility it might delay the album?

Edited by Tomer

I don't want to add to the already huge group of people wanting to ask questions about ATL; (most being "Why wasn't on the album?!?!?! It's so awesome LOLZ).

But I would like to know if it was incomplete and they finished it for the LPU9 CD? Because if they finished it for the CD that is mighty cool of them to take time out of the album making period to finished that demo.

I don't know if this has already been anwsered or not so if it is unknown it would be great if someone could ask on my behalf because I can't make it :(

There's a few questions, but i didn't sign up to LPU this year due to unemployment. So here's so ideas.

Was Linkin Park's/Hybrid theory's first ever show recorded by the band or a friend of the band is there a chance that the archive footage will be shown to LPU in the future?

Out of any demo you, or the rest of the band have made, have you felt should have been progressed more before being either voted out or at the time you felt it wasn't "your sound"?

How many songs, can you remember, did you demo for Hybrid Theory Album that isn't public knowledge? Just a number, names are desirable but numbers will do.

Back in 2002/2003 you/your band made a remark saying you "buried" the demos for "Meteroa" in Joe's backyard. Did you have to dig them back up for LPU9?

guys try to get him a release date for the new album or at least try to make him

promise for june 2010!!then he wont be able to break his promise :D

Yeah because things don't cock up when people promise stuff. I'd rather we waited for something that wasn't rushed if i'm honest. If they give a release date then they'll rush the album and it won't be as good as it can be. AND! Mike is a perfectionist so he'll never promise to a release date anyway unless forced by Warner who own his soul.

There's a few questions, but i didn't sign up to LPU this year due to unemployment. So here's so ideas.

Was Linkin Park's/Hybrid theory's first ever show recorded by the band or a friend of the band is there a chance that the archive footage will be shown to LPU in the future?

Out of any demo you, or the rest of the band have made, have you felt should have been progressed more before being either voted out or at the time you felt it wasn't "your sound"?

How many songs, can you remember, did you demo for Hybrid Theory Album that isn't public knowledge? Just a number, names are desirable but numbers will do.

Back in 2002/2003 you/your band made a remark saying you "buried" the demos for "Meteroa" in Joe's backyard. Did you have to dig them back up for LPU9?

That is definatly a good question to ask haha!

I can't wait for the online chat!

I have a million questions i wanna ask and now i have to pick one,which is so horribly impossible :P

but yeah some of them are:

Any chance of LP ever coming to Dubai?(Middle East)-I've been waiting so desperately for almost 9 years now!

Why dosen't mike perform songs like no raods lest and in between live?They're such AMAZING SONGS and Mike sings them soo well!

What could have possibly made them remove ATL from M2M?

Will they ever perform any of their demo tracks live? -Cuz some of them like Fear and Faint Demo 2002 are so AWESOME!

Atleast the month in 2010 in which the album will be out?

Because all fans love ATL soo much, will they consider making it a video?

I can keep going,i have soo many,but yeah i guess these are the ones i want answered the most...

Yeah because things don't cock up when people promise stuff. I'd rather we waited for something that wasn't rushed if i'm honest. If they give a release date then they'll rush the album and it won't be as good as it can be. AND! Mike is a perfectionist so he'll never promise to a release date anyway unless forced by Warner who own his soul.

well hybris theory took them very fewer time than M2M,and it was a better album. Numb is an epic song and it was recorded within days, as well as what i've done (imo of course).

more time doesnt always mean more quality..and anyway it;s gonna be 3 years since M2M in May, so they have to freshen up a bit! i think it's necessary for the band to release an album in early summer...and,anyway,they've been working quite a lot for it..

Edited by VavourasLP

I can think of 3 things I would like to get from the chat...

1. Any kind of new Album info. Not like, whens the release date or how does it sound, something like... how is the 5 songs going that you posted about in your blog last month.

2. What can we expect with the new site layouts for mikeshinoda.com and linkinpark.com

3. Any new info about the iphone/ipod touch app.

Edited by RED_Z3RO

Just throwing this out there as many of you have in the past already....

Don't ask questions about the forthcoming album such as:

"Is Protools fixed?"

"What does the new album sound like so far?"

"How many songs do you have written for the new album?"

"Do you have a name for the album yet?"

Those questions really don't matter as we are going to hear the album regardless of what it sounds like, what kind of delays they are having (if any) and how many songs they came up with compared to what will actually be the 10 songs on the record.

Anyways, just so I don't get chewed out for not contributing - I think it would be cool to ask if they will consider maybe one day giving the community master tracks of their older albums for remixing.

That would be something unique for them to do. Even if it was like a package for sale but then again considering Warner Bros. still owns everything they do, a question like that would be pretty pointless too. Was just a thought. :lol:

Edited by rav0k

I can think of 3 things I would like to get from the chat...

1. Any kind of new Album info. Not like, whens the release date or how does it sound, something like... how is the 5 songs going that you posted about in your blog last month.

2. What can we expect with the new site layouts for mikeshinoda.com and linkinpark.com

3. Any new info about the iphone/ipod touch app.

1. Decent question

2. Alright cool.

3. YES ask him that please.

guys try to get him a release date for the new album or at least try to make him

promise for june 2010!!then he wont be able to break his promise :D

Thats the dumbest idea ever. Not sure if you were trying to be funny but its dumb

I can't wait for the online chat!

I have a million questions i wanna ask and now i have to pick one,which is so horribly impossible :P

but yeah some of them are:

Any chance of LP ever coming to Dubai?(Middle East)-I've been waiting so desperately for almost 9 years now!

Why dosen't mike perform songs like no raods lest and in between live?They're such AMAZING SONGS and Mike sings them soo well!

What could have possibly made them remove ATL from M2M?

Will they ever perform any of their demo tracks live? -Cuz some of them like Fear and Faint Demo 2002 are so AWESOME!

Atleast the month in 2010 in which the album will be out?

Because all fans love ATL soo much, will they consider making it a video?

I can keep going,i have soo many,but yeah i guess these are the ones i want answered the most...

Why is it ever chat someone always has to be the noob and ask tour related questions that get the generic response of "we will try next time or our managers decide where we go." Dont ask Mike that because even he doesnt know when they will go and hardly ever have a say on where they will play.

Mike and the band have said countless times they didnt like the way NRL sounded live during rehearsals. In Between was definately played most of the European/Us Winter 08 tour, they probably dropped it because they didnt like how it sounded live.

ATL didnt make it to MTM for the same reason NRL didnt, the band didnt want it to be on there :P

I seriously doubt the demos will be played live. They wont play Fear because its a demo for LOATR so itd be pointless to play it, because only the hardcore fans will know what it is.

All Fans? Thats a stretch, I mean i like ATL but not everybody does and im pretty sure a lot of the casual fans have no idea ATL exists, a lot of people didnt know what QWERTY was during PR07 only hardcore fans. Plus they didnt make a video for NRL when they petioned for it why would ATL be any different?

Just throwing this out there as many of you have in the past already....

Don't ask questions about the forthcoming album such as:

"Is Protools fixed?"

"What does the new album sound like so far?"

"How many songs do you have written for the new album?"

"Do you have a name for the album yet?"

Those questions really don't matter as we are going to hear the album regardless of what it sounds like, what kind of delays they are having (if any) and how many songs they came up with compared to what will actually be the 10 songs on the record.

Anyways, just so I don't get chewed out for not contributing - I think it would be cool to ask if they will consider maybe one day giving the community master tracks of their older albums for remixing.

That would be something unique for them to do. Even if it was like a package for sale but then again considering Warner Bros. still owns everything they do, a question like that would be pretty pointless too. Was just a thought. :lol:

^this

1. Decent question

2. Alright cool.

3. YES ask him that please.

The iPhone/iPod Touch is pretty much my No. 1 question. I want to see if this thing is coming out before the album. And maybe getting a time frame of "When".

I might not be able to make this chat. If anyone could throw this question out it would be awesome.

Edited by RED_Z3RO