All the things you hate/dont like about LP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Pooch's mixing of the DSP's suck. They should hire Fu to do it!!! Or at least get someone else...

- Lack of creativity in setlists. Changing the verses on POA isn't what I call playing something different. Qwerty?

- The band NOT talking to the crowd at all. Seems they stopped doing it at the start of 2008 for some reason.

- Hardly any behind the scenes footage or LPTV (The ones we do have are like 3 minutes long)

Agreed! And regarding your first point: I wouldn't say Pooch's mixing sucks but I liked Fu's mixings way better!

I also didn't like MTM that much in general, as you might know. I think the guys were changing their sound too much and basically trying out everything at once, and maybe they also worked too long on that album so that they lost some of the atmosphere and focus that they had when they started writing new songs for tat album. It just didn't do it for me. Every song I think is lacking a real highlight, even though there are of course some quite good songs on it.

Rick rubin/ mtm, lack of mike's rapping, waiting 3-4 years between albums and the lack of interaction they have with crowds at the shows lately.Also they need to start playing new songs or different setlists at shows. I'm seriously tired of hearing osc/crawling/in the end/numb/ all of mtm/etc. Do something different or don't play the song please lol.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

• 4 weeks later...

For LP:

-So MANY YEARS for an album (I know it is better to have a good quality album)

-....take a long time to update new information (...well......2 days mean LONG for me :D )

For some of their FANS:

-What the hell wrong with MTM???? There's no reason to hate it. It seems like you (who hates it) guys just listen to how the music flow without checking its meaning!!!! I'm sure that on the meaningfulness side, MTM pwn all!! Cause HT and M seem just like self expression, not political and public-ish like MTM!

-For who likes to make LP to do what you want is ..... because LP is not your SLAVE!!

Edited by ShadowThanatos

What do you mean with "Pooch's is more "honest""?

Fu COMPLETELY changed them lol the guitars for example sound way different. Pooch edits them to make them sound good, Fu edited them make them sound great. (and I'm not saying they suck live)

These Julien-K guys have experience with this stuff. After all, Brandon helped out on Live In Texas :P

Edited by Aiman

Really? I didn't know that. But I do think Fu should mix LP shows, that would be fucking awesome.

Ya look at the LIT and LPU3 cases. They both say "PROTOOLS ENGINEER: BRANDON BELSKY". It would be sick if Fu mixed some LP stuff too, but if he mixed all the shows we would probably have to wait even longer to get them :lol:

Ya look at the LIT and LPU3 cases. They both say "PROTOOLS ENGINEER: BRANDON BELSKY". It would be sick if Fu mixed some LP stuff too, but if he mixed all the shows we would probably have to wait even longer to get them :lol:

Fu should have mixed Road To Revolution, I bet it would have come out a lot better.

- Chester sounded quite bad on live these days. I remember when at 2001 House of Blues when he blasted full volume and energy into the mic. Dead by Sunrise live is not getting along well because Chester held back a lot. Studio version of Numb is totally different from live. Crawling in 2007 - 2009... suck a lot.

- Mike needs to be active on the next album singing or rapping. He is like a nobody in MTM.

- Hey Brad! More guitar solos to prove the world you're the best! Shadow of the Day and What I've Done have weak solos. In Pieces, in worldwide, is merely 'just another solo'. Lousy guitar sounds, though; raw and not much of a distorted guitar used by modern rock stars.

About DSP, I find the guitars annoying. They are sort of sharp and less distorted. I like the guitars in Third Encore / Live in Texas 2003; they are stereo and heavily distorted. On certain shows, Chester will let the crowd sing like LFY, OSC or ITE. They are as though distant and not loud. The bass part is distorted.

About DSP, I find the guitars annoying. They are sort of sharp and less distorted. I like the guitars in Third Encore / Live in Texas 2003; they are stereo and heavily distorted. On certain shows, Chester will let the crowd sing like LFY, OSC or ITE. They are as though distant and not loud. The bass part is distorted.

The DSP's are bad mixed in any case,no bass,weak guitars (like you discried) and the drums sound like shit. They don't give a live-feeling like LIT,I only don't like this live DVD because it's not getting dark and the pit is is very empty. But the sound is awesome.

It was shown on the MTV Master on German TV.

Mike agreed because to hold the band together. Now i now why he's called the glue.

I would really like to actually see that. Cause it sounds not like I would have inmagined chester..

K a few things to get settled, then I'll say what I don't like bout the band.

1. Chester isn't putting his best into LP atm because he's also got DBS to think about. Yes LP is his top priority, but he didn't expect the summer tour for New Divide, he planned on using that time to tour w DBS. He needed to SAVE his voice to promote DBS as best he could, LP's performance was not sloppy at all. True, it was not like 04 or 01 (two best years for LP), but it was MUCH better than the ENTIRE M2M tour. A good deal of crowd interaction, bunch of LPU requests granted, Mike even asked fans what they wanted to hear over POA and we got DEDICATED, a song you've all been dying to hear live and yet you people still aren't satisfied.

2. As for the mixing of DSP's, be happy you're getting live recordings! Yes it wud be nice to hear some new and old material, but it's really the bands decision. They're getting older, and sometimes don't have the strength or energy to play the songs you wanna hear. This summer's tour wasn't ev supposed to be recorded, it was a last min tour and it just so happened Pooch was available, cuz last we recall he was mixing Guns N' Roses. If I remember correctly (I may be mistaken on this one tho) he was gonna mix Guns N' Roses summer shows.

Now things I don't like.

1. Lack of Backstage Footage in DVD's.

2. Yes, I will admit that the M2M tour was not LP's best tour, there was quite a lack of energy and crowd involvement, not always (BIO singalong, OSC, ITE Acapella audience singalong, APFMH bridge sing along... etc...) but not amazing.

3. Setlist similarities, tho I said the band can play what they want, that doesn't mean they can't variate the same songs a bit.

4. Warner taking control of LP.

That's pretty much it.

The DSP's are bad mixed in any case,no bass,weak guitars (like you discried) and the drums sound like shit. They don't give a live-feeling like LIT,I only don't like this live DVD because it's not getting dark and the pit is is very empty. But the sound is awesome.

I don't mind the DSP's. After all, they're better than bootlegs. I do think the Summer Sonic 06 tracks were mixed better than any other show they've ever released, though. They sound so crisp and you can even hear individual clapping if you listen closely.

Edited by Aiman

I'm not complaining about the DSP... Aiman stated it for me - as long they are not bootlegs, which is painful to my ears.

DBS is going down near to a failure stage. I expect Chester to make DBS a higher priority for a while so that there will be AWESOME changes.

Bleed it Out is the last rapcore song they've ever done. I miss Nu Metal pretty much.

Lol i cant think of anything i hate about LP, Now the concerts is another story- Two words:

MOSH PIT!! Dont get me worng I love being up close and personal with the band but can we get all the drunk people away from each other..lol

okay one thing comes to mind- I wasn't happy with "Hand's Held High" dunno seemed way to Meh' for me.. (hides in corner- dont shoot me)

Edited by Orcalinkinpark

I'm not complaining about the DSP... Aiman stated it for me - as long they are not bootlegs, which is painful to my ears.

DBS is going down near to a failure stage. I expect Chester to make DBS a higher priority for a while so that there will be AWESOME changes.

Bleed it Out is the last rapcore song they've ever done. I miss Nu Metal pretty much.

Of course they're better than bootlegs ;)

I just want to say that the ripped audio of proshots (like RaR 04 or summer Sonic 06) is much better. ^^

The audio of Instanbul 09 is also good because it's raw. :)

I would really like to actually see that. Cause it sounds not like I would have inmagined chester..

Umm? :huh: Never heard that.. Some more info?

I finally found the scene.

Bad that the german translator is talking so loud but I can write here what mike is talking about,and every german people can agree with it if you're not believe me.

Get the clip here: http://linkin-inside.de/Trade/The_Glue/

Translation:

Mike: The song In Between is definitly the best vocally performnace song on every LP CD,ever. Chester was extremly jeaslous when he listen to it, so jealous that he doesnt want that I(Mike^^) sing more songs on MTM. All other band members dont want that but then he told (in a stroger way,i dont know the exact word for it) that he wants to get off the band,and for this reason the band agreed because they know it would be bad for the whole band. So we (the band) decided to let him sing the rest of the songs,just for peace in the band.

MTV-Bitch is talking some shit.

Mike:I'm not a egotist and I'm ok with that.

My englisch is not the best,please don't kill me. :lol:

Edited by The_Glue

• 2 weeks later...

Chester wanted to get off the band,if NRL comes on MTM..That's selffishness,isnt it?

WTH??

By the way what I dont like about LP

-Not enough collaboration

-The redundance of the setlists

-In between being in MTm whereas No roads left (Not because of chester's sefishness lol) and across the line werent

-The fact they do a lot of concerts in countries like Germany and Japan (no offense) but not in countries like France Spain Italy where they have a big fanbase.

Edited by Yass

WTH??

By the way what I dont like about LP

-Not enough collaboration

-The redundance of the setlists

-In between being in MTm whereas No roads left (Not because of chester's sefishness lol) and across the line werent

-The fact they do a lot of concerts in countries like Germany and Japan (no offense) but not in countries like France Spain Italy where they have a big fanbase.

Have to fix it,it wasnt NRL,it was because of Mike sang In Betwenn so good,but you can find the whole story on my previous post.