All the things you hate/dont like about LP

Linkin Park is not a perfect band they have their details

LP is like my girlfriend she gives me a lot of great moments, pleasure, happiness but sometimes i hate her haha

so i hate:

-Pooch mixing of the dsp's (scratching too low, bass seems distorted..)

- LIT & RTR (well the dvd's were good but without any bonus stuff? backstage?)

- Lenght of the albums

- LPU years 3 to 8 (actually year six was ok..)

- The years between the releases of the albums.

- the lack of mike's rapping in MTM (LOATR has a nice beat for rapping in the verses)

- I hate Crawl Back In with passion, oh god the opening riff makes me want to cut my ears...

- I hate tak & ryu and mike's 'machineee shopppp' shout out in every FM track..

- I dont like any video of the MTM singles, BIO was pathetic.. bring back the abstract themes, the cgi of the HT videos..

- Chester is holding back in the LP shows..

- I don't understand why they dont perform APFMH anymore

I have a lot of more things that i hate ill put em later.

Don't get mad at me, I really love the band... we all have things that we hate about everything.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- I hate Crawl Back In with passion, oh god the opening riff makes me want to cut my ears...

- I hate tak & ryu and mike's 'machineee shopppp' shout out in every FM track..

- I dont like any video of the MTM singles, BIO was pathetic.. bring back the abstract themes, the cgi of the HT videos.

Funny you have to hate Crawl Back In. You can't stop Chester singing it each show because it's a single... I have to admit it is an ear-ache for the starting riff.

That's a signature for a Fort Minor track. Mike likes it. Machine Shop is his label.

BIO is not so pathetic. Hahn used a lot of effects on it. But I prefer Numb, Crawling, New Div... Joe likes to add more effects and unoriginal modifications which I don't really prefer. Like you, I prefer the music vid from HT and Meteora music vids.

I wanna add more:

- LP members refuse their fans' protests for a revolution towards nu metal.

- They keep TOO MUCH to their setlists. I feel bored listening to live shows - they're about de same. I miss some old songs like By Myself... Easier to Run and Hit the Floor (even though not approved and liked by them) should be also played at least twice or thrice. Demos are rarely played. Like QWERTY, Dedicated and so on.

- Mike refuses to sing No Roads Left live. At least once should be play'd live.

- In New Divide, Chester's vocals are modified using Chorus, making it sound so unoriginal. For some reason, I was addicted to this song.

- Lying From You frequently came after Given Up and Chaz always fucked it up. (Sometimes LFY don't come after GU.)

Please don't get mad. I'm just... oh yeah... too love the band... we all have things that we hate about everything.

Edited by Square_Head

hmm... you guys stole what i what i was going to say.

THey dont sing certain songs anymore (Pushing Me Away {album version}, Easier to Run, any of the HTEP songs, In Between, Valentine's Day)

They never come to Alabama.

The poor DSP mixes.

Lack of special features on LIT and RTR

No LPU execlusives

Long time between album releases

LPU 3, 5, 7, & 8.

Not releasing the cut Reanimation tracks

Not making NMS or HHH singles

Being on a greedy record label

no collab's @ Epicenter

no US tour this year

No greater focus on Phoenix, Rob, or Joe

No Meteora Demos

Mike playing the same songs live for FM. Seriously, no Cover and Duck? Or Bloc Party? WTF?

and that's all I can think of right now

Oh I really hate this one: why releasing a dvd like LIT when you weren't the headliner while in the next year you had your own tour PR:04 oh god a dvd of PR:04 with all the collaborations they did would be awesome....!!!!!

and something else i hate about Pooch mixing... the crowd sound level is way too low... Chester let the fans sing some songs but i cant hear em...

hmm... you guys stole what i what i was going to say.

THey dont sing certain songs anymore (Pushing Me Away {album version}, Easier to Run, any of the HTEP songs, In Between, Valentine's Day)

They never come to Alabama.

The poor DSP mixes.

Lack of special features on LIT and RTR

No LPU execlusives

Long time between album releases

LPU 3, 5, 7, & 8.

Not making NMS or HHH singles

no collab's @ Epicenter

no US tour this year

No greater focus on Phoenix, Rob, or Joe

No Meteora Demos

Mike playing the same songs live for FM. Seriously, no Cover and Duck? Or Bloc Party? WTF?

and that's all I can think of right now

FACEPALM*

We are getting HT/Meteora/MTM demos next month. Plus we have gotten loads of LPUTVs this yr, plus Lockjaw. Those are hell of a lot exclusives.

Most Live DVDS dont have any special features.

You can travel to a a nearby state if you want to see LP or DBS. Thats what i did for DBS. Hell the SITE OWNER went from the US to Europe to see LP play THREE times. A handful of people on this site traveled over several states to see DBS play in Maryland this past Friday in a NONHEADLINING spot. Why dont you just save money up and travel to GA or FL for an LP show?

They did PMA Studio practically the whole summer last yr, its a bad song live anyway believe me, plus why would they play HTEP songs anymore? No US Tour this year i cant explain that besides the obvious fact that LP is making a new record? They did the Europe thing as an escape from the tour thing/promote New Divide/DBS

Collabs dont need to happen fyi. If you went to a show and expected collabs at every show you would leave dissappointed every time

And im glad HHH & NMS didnt become singles. I think the band picked good singles. IMO i love HHH but id hate to be everyone quoting that song everywhere itd be annoying like the twilight fans quoting LOATR lyrics

Rob has been doing drum solos at shows since the 07 Arizona show, Joe has been practically opening every show with Session by himself the last tour, throw in CFTI last summer and the summer before that. Phoenix just doesnt like to get involved xD

Sorry im nitpicking but some of those issues needed to be addressed .

Poor DSP mixes? Next time go to a show and bring your own equipment and do a better mix then Pooch & Dylan, sorry but if your going to criticize something LP and Pooch & Dylan dont even need to do then you better be able to back it up.

and BTW FYI, they did do Mike did Bloc Party of POA, if anything Mike has probably changed the POA intro so much for the first time since 2007. We have had HV, RME, Dedicated Papercut APFMH etc over the intros & outros of PoA so i dont see why your complaining about that

my only complaint is why DBS has had such piss poor marketing. No selling CD's at show, announcing shows last minute and to quote Astat

"finding out news through the guitarists's twitter"

not even a deadbysunrise official site, just a crappy myspace which is already declining because most people use Fbook nowadays. Which is RIDICOULOUS because on the back of the cd it says Deadbysunrise.net but it goes to their myspace which is like RIGHT there next to it on the back of the cdcase ! WTF.

And to quote Astat Again

I just love how this album release is such a disjointed mess that the members of the band don't even have a fucking clue what's on the various editions.

-Bonus tracks that according to the band, we're supposed to get with the album, which we aren't

-No lyrics in the booklet

-An official band website listed on official merchandise...which doesn't even exist

-A live session recorded on BBC Radio 1 almost a week ago with absolutely no information on when/if it will air

It speaks volumes about how the promotion for this release has been handled, that the most reliable source of Dead By Sunrise-related information is their guitarist's fucking Twitter page.

Until DBS's management gets their shit together, I'm not buying this album. I held out until release date, hoping they'd straighten this mess out, and they've made no discernable effort to do so.

The fact that DBS doesnt even have a tour manager to me is fail. I have mad respect for Chaz/the guys in JK but to me they failed on promo. Which is sad because i really love this band but what can one do?

But other then that DBS has saved themselves with an amazing record and amazing performances.

wooo went on a rant there haha

- Pooch's mixing of the DSP's suck. They should hire Fu to do it!!! Or at least get someone else...

- Lack of creativity in setlists. Changing the verses on POA isn't what I call playing something different. Qwerty?

- The band NOT talking to the crowd at all. Seems they stopped doing it at the start of 2008 for some reason.

- No longer thanking die-hard fans or the the Street Soldiers or even LPU really anymore...

- Hardly any behind the scenes footage or LPTV (The ones we do have are like 3 minutes long)

- Chester to stop treating LP like it's a funny joke or something when he's around his DBS bandmates.

VERY interesting topic lol

I agree with most of what you guys have listed (with a few exceptions xD)

Heres my list:

--- The reluctance to play non-singles, b-sides & non-album material in average setlists (with a few exceptions e.g. Reading my eyes)

--- Reluctance in making albums longer than 30-45 mins & tracks longer than 3-4 minutes (save Reanimation, TLTGYA etc...)

--- Phi reluctant to show his true talent on bass (c'mon phi, we know you can do much better!)

--- Releasing live tracks as b-sides <_<

So yeah, ALOT of reluctance :lol: Hopefully they'll prove me wrong on the next LP Album & LPU9! ;)

-Chesters selffishness on MTM

What? Mike and the rest of the band wanted Chester to sing that much. LP has two frontman, in my opinion, so you can't be mad for having Chester sing a lot, he is the band's singer after all. Besides, Mike DID get Hands Held High, In Between and No Roads Left which is all Mike, he also does two verses in Bleed It Out. I know that isn't a lot at all but you have to understand that they wanted a different direction with the album, it's not like Chester was like ''No, fuck you guys, I want to sing every vocal on the album''.

Most of all i hate Pooch's mixing.. Nothing against his work live, but he does really bad job at mixing.

More things that I hate about LP:

- The years between the albums.

- Not talking at live shows.. Since 2008 they don't talk at live shows at all.

- Boring work from Phoenix.. Ah, come on, we know you can play better, Phi.

I also hate that they went commercial.. Wait.. They always were been commercial, but man.. I hate soft pop-rock type songs. Ah, but that's only my opinion.. Actually I hate when the bands change their style drastically.. Like LP, Metallica and etc...

Now that's pretty controversial :D

FACEPALM*

We are getting HT/Meteora/MTM demos next month. Plus we have gotten loads of LPUTVs this yr, plus Lockjaw. Those are hell of a lot exclusives.

Most Live DVDS dont have any special features.

You can travel to a a nearby state if you want to see LP or DBS. Thats what i did for DBS. Hell the SITE OWNER went from the US to Europe to see LP play THREE times. A handful of people on this site traveled over several states to see DBS play in Maryland this past Friday in a NONHEADLINING spot. Why dont you just save money up and travel to GA or FL for an LP show?

They did PMA Studio practically the whole summer last yr, its a bad song live anyway believe me, plus why would they play HTEP songs anymore? No US Tour this year i cant explain that besides the obvious fact that LP is making a new record? They did the Europe thing as an escape from the tour thing/promote New Divide/DBS

Collabs dont need to happen fyi. If you went to a show and expected collabs at every show you would leave dissappointed every time

And im glad HHH & NMS didnt become singles. I think the band picked good singles. IMO i love HHH but id hate to be everyone quoting that song everywhere itd be annoying like the twilight fans quoting LOATR lyrics

Rob has been doing drum solos at shows since the 07 Arizona show, Joe has been practically opening every show with Session by himself the last tour, throw in CFTI last summer and the summer before that. Phoenix just doesnt like to get involved xD

Sorry im nitpicking but some of those issues needed to be addressed .

Poor DSP mixes? Next time go to a show and bring your own equipment and do a better mix then Pooch & Dylan, sorry but if your going to criticize something LP and Pooch & Dylan dont even need to do then you better be able to back it up.

and BTW FYI, they did do Mike did Bloc Party of POA, if anything Mike has probably changed the POA intro so much for the first time since 2007. We have had HV, RME, Dedicated Papercut APFMH etc over the intros & outros of PoA so i dont see why your complaining about that

wooo went on a rant there haha

1. I'm 18, and I don't have a job, and I'm still in high school. I'm sorry if you guys are able to just drop what you're doing and go to a show, but I have shit to do all the time. I actually have a life. Plus, I live 5 hours from GA, 8 from FL, and 2 from TN. I can't just spend all my money to go to one show oversees or over in LA. And, next time they come to GA or TN, I will make sure to be there.

2. Rapping a verse over an intro doesn't count as actually playing a song.

3. I'd much rather enjoy the concert than have to waste my time carrying a shit-load of fucking recording equipment and try to capture the concert, all while trying to avoid security.

4. LPUTV doesn't count as "exclusives" at least not to me.

5. I don't give a fuck what other people on the site did. Cause I actually have a life. I just cant go anywhere I want. Why? Cause it's fucking expensive.

6. I know they played PMA in the summer, but they didn't play it from 03-07. That's what I was talking about.

7. They picked good singles? You call LOTAR a good single? Ya, it was ok, but compared to the other songs, it sucked. Plus, it was on Twilight, a suck-ass movie.

8. IDK, maybe like, if they played one that they hadn't played since the name change, like POM, even for one time, i'd be ok. Carousel, and POM, those are the songs I want to hear them play live.

9. I was just hoping for them to do something other than one U.S show, which sucked completly.

so, *FACEPLAM*

1. I'm 18, and I don't have a job, and I'm still in high school. I'm sorry if you guys are able to just drop what you're doing and go to a show, but I have shit to do all the time. I actually have a life. Plus, I live 5 hours from GA, 8 from FL, and 2 from TN. I can't just spend all my money to go to one show oversees or over in LA. And, next time they come to GA or TN, I will make sure to be there.

3. I'd much rather enjoy the concert than have to waste my time carrying a shit-load of fucking recording equipment and try to capture the concert, all while trying to avoid security.

5. I don't give a fuck what other people on the site did. Cause I actually have a life. I just cant go anywhere I want. Why? Cause it's fucking expensive.

6. I know they played PMA in the summer, but they didn't play it from 03-07. That's what I was talking about.

7. They picked good singles? You call LOTAR a good single? Ya, it was ok, but compared to the other songs, it sucked. Plus, it was on Twilight, a suck-ass movie.

8. IDK, maybe like, if they played one that they hadn't played since the name change, like POM, even for one time, i'd be ok. Carousel, and POM, those are the songs I want to hear them play live.

9. I was just hoping for them to do something other than one U.S show, which sucked completly.

so, *FACEPLAM*

Responses to each number

1. I'm turning 16 in a week. I live in Maryland. I have seen LP in New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland and Wisconsin (in that order). I also play the drums and attend school. It's your choice of whether or not you can make an excursion out of an LP show. For the rest of us, some of us go road-tripping, Eurotripping or are spoiled by their parents :rolleyes:

2. No, but it's damn close. We got Dedicated this year.

3. I agree, but bootlegging of concerts has been going on since the days of Bob Marley. When those people bootlegged his shows, they had no clue he would die. These DSPs and bootlegs will come in handy some day, because people die.

4. Nowadays, they don't because people put them on Youtube

5. Read #1

6. Reanimation and the Piano Version are fine by me. I don't really care what you define as hearing PMA in concert.

7. They picked LOATR before it was in Twilight. It's all a matter of opinion of whether or not it sucked-ass. I've never seen it.

8. Dream on

9. I was hoping that Rob could come over to give me a private drum lesson, but we can't get everything we want.

No facepalm, a middle finger is more efficient.

Edited by LPPhan2005

-Pooch mixing of the dsp's (scratching too low, bass seems distorted..)

Then why don't you tell him you don't like it instead of complain to us, and see what his reasoning is for mixing them that way?

- LIT & RTR (well the dvd's were good but without any bonus stuff? backstage?)

LIT had backstage footage.

- LPU years 3 to 8 (actually year six was ok..)

I thought LPU 4 was incredible, but that was just me. 6 was cool.

- the lack of mike's rapping in MTM (LOATR has a nice beat for rapping in the verses)

Seconded.

- I don't understand why they dont perform APFMH anymore

Are you blind? APFMH was performed regularly from January to July 2008.

SquareHead's first post, I agree with everything you said there.

No LPU execlusives

Total bullshit. More LPU exclusives in the last year and a half than ever before. Tons of them.

By Myself Manson mix, POA on LPU 2 - those seem "released" to me. We have more b-sides from Reanimation than we do from Meteora or Minutes To Midnight.

I hate Warner as much as you do too, but LP has them by the balls and they take EXTREMELY good care of LP. Trust me on this one.

No Meteora Demos

Fail. See: LPU 9.

DBS promo fail - no website, no shit like that = major major fail. Ugh.

Had to do 2 posts due to there being a limit on the number of quotes I can put in one post, lol.

- Lack of creativity in setlists. Changing the verses on POA isn't what I call playing something different. Qwerty?

- The band NOT talking to the crowd at all. Seems they stopped doing it at the start of 2008 for some reason.

- No longer thanking die-hard fans or the the Street Soldiers or even LPU really anymore...

- Hardly any behind the scenes footage or LPTV (The ones we do have are like 3 minutes long)

THIS. Seconded. Change the setlists, fucking talk to the crowd. Finally 2 LPU shoutouts in 2009 - the first ones since...when? 2004? LPTV...where is the Summer 2009 episode?

1. Well first of all, congratulations. If I had an award to give you, I'd give you the LPU 8 plaque, but I don't so let's start with a bit about me too since you took the time to introduce yourself as well. I happen to also be 18, I also don't have a job, and I'm in college. I apologize to you that I had a free summer between high school and college and was able to use my graduation money to see LP. I'm sorry you can't do that. I'm also sorry you didn't take advantage of PR07 and/or PR08. I went to Raleigh, Charlotte, West Palm, Tampa and Atlanta. I didn't spend but a few hundred. I'm sorry you didn't have the means and/or idea to go to one or two of those shows and have a blast like I did (see: Hunger Strike w/Chester). So you're complaining about being too far to see them in GA or TN, but you're going next time? Irony. Sorry I have time off to enjoy my favorite band, sorry I can make time in my life for things I enjoy, sorry I like Linkin Park a lot, and sorry you can't go to the shows because you live in Alabama. There, does that make you feel better about yourself?

2. I'd rather have the song over the intro/outro than not played at all. See: Reading My Eyes, A Place For My Head, There They Go, High Voltage. I'd like them to play those live (excluding TTG) but I don't know if LP wants to - they need to change the setlists more, I agree.

3. Once again, congratulations. Well, I don't know who carries a "shit-load of fucking recording equipment" to a show besides people with the band (see: Pooch), but that must suck. I take a few small things, sit back, enjoy the show and hit record. Sorry you don't like to do that but I like to be able to get in my car in the parking lot, hit play on the show, and enjoy it on the way home. Not to mention in school, at home, all that good stuff. Awesome to be able to hear the show you just went to. And no, I don't do that for every show in case you were going to say that in a reply.

4. lol. Know the new Paramore song? "Ignorance is your new best friend". Know it?

5. Then why the fuck are you complaining about it? No offense, but it sure doesn't sound like you have a life, lol. Not going to see shows but bitching about it because you can't find a fucking way to do it. I can't go anywhere I want either. I actually don't think anyone can, but that'd be cool. I think it's pretty funny you complain and refer to us as not having a life because we can find a way to see LP play. Cool beans, bro.

- They rarely play songs from Reanimation album these days. How I wonder...

- The length of each song. They're so SHORT!!!!

- Brad's guitar style should match Amir Davidson's. In Pieces is a surprise. But Let Down (live version) is a total amazement that dragged me towards the speakers.

- Brad's guitars need more distortion like he used to have.

- I really hope Joe and Mike does more electronic sounds. New Divide is a good example.

- OMG Linkin Park plz create at least 5 different setlists to play... Throughout 2007 - 2008 live recordings and mixes I was 'wtf'-ing for some new songs...

- No More Sorrow is SULLEN. Joe was bobbing his head during the live, not doing anything. (At least he figured how to add electronics as intro)

Holy hell. I won't continue :lol: I only grew to love the band. Improvements *really* work to get #1.

Improvement found is LPU9. Anyone is dying to hear the demos?

Incidentally, thanks to Hahninator. I haven't had a praise for almost a year.

Edited by Square_Head

Then why don't you tell him you don't like it instead of complain to us, and see what his reasoning is for mixing them that way?

I already sent him a message in his blog lol

yeah there was a MTV special, but the backstage footage is not in the dvd

oh yeah, forgot about year 4, a great cd. medley, jonathan davis..

you are right, but actually they dont play it anymore, they dropped it. you know that the last 2 tours didnt included APFMH, i want this song as part of every set, like OSC.

this thread will be a riot soon, lol

I already sent him a message in his blog lol

yeah there was a MTV special, but the backstage footage is not in the dvd

oh yeah, forgot about year 4, a great cd. medley, jonathan davis..

you are right, but actually they dont play it anymore, they dropped it. you know that the last 2 tours didnt included APFMH, i want this song as part of every set, like OSC.

this thread will be a riot soon, lol

more like a bitchfest, it was like it from the start

so, *FACEPLAM*

1. I just turned 19 and I don't have a job. I'm not rich by any means and I still am able to travel to shows. You can make it not too expensive if you are smart about it. LP isn't going to play across the street from your house, you have to travel to see them like pretty much everyone else on any LP board does.

2. Who ever said it counted as playing a song? Mike does that just for fun, they've been doing it since PR07 and the fans seems to love it since they are requesting verses so why would he not do it? Would you rather just have the boring tired-ass album version performed live instead? At least Mike took some initiative to change the set up.

3. I agree that I'd rather go and enjoy the show more but choosing to record is up to you. Who said you had to? I don't understand this one...

4. How the hell doesn't LPUTV count as an exclusive to you? It's footage that nobody else besides people in the LPU can see so it technically is an exclusive, maybe just not to you. I happen to thoroughly enjoy the LPUTV episodes. We also got Crawling (Live) and Lockjaw during LPU8 as well as M&G passes like always and everything else they offer such as the newsletter. I don't get this one really either...

5. So you're saying because people on this site, including me, Hahninator and everyone else don't have a life because we like to go to concerts? Wtf? Everyone chooses how to spend their time differently. You're not really in the position to tell people they don't have a life because people go to shows and you don't. Again, don't really understand this one.

6. How was it not played from 03-07? They played the remix all throughout 2003 and I'm not sure if they did in 2004 but I think they did. They also played the piano version of the song from 2006 throughout the end of 2007, they then played the album version in 2008. Just because it wasn't the album version doesn't mean they didn't play the song, they just played different variations of it. I happen to think the remix is the best version of the song so I loved when they played it in 2003.

7. Every single one of LP singles (except for a few) have done exceptionally well on the charts. LOATR is a great amazing song IMO, tons of people liked it. Twilight as a franchise may suck but just because the song was in the soundtrack doesn't make it suck. That has to be the stupidest reason I have ever heard to not like a song, because it was on a soundtrack. I would still think Walking In Circles for instance was a great song if it was chosen to be on the soundtrack for a new Hannah Montana movie.

8. I want to hear Part Of Me and Carousel played live as much as the next person but we are all pretty positive that won't happen anytime soon, if ever. They haven't played them since before 2000 so you can't really be mad that they don't play them live 9 years later...

9. A lot of people were hoping for more than one US show but we knew last year that the band would not be touring this year and they would be working on the upcoming album. I'm still pretty happy that we at least got a world tour this Summer, they could have not played any shows at all. It's not like you were the only one who wasn't happy with just Epicenter, a lot of fans would have liked to see LP tour the US this year but nobody else complains about it.

i aint making this one long

1) not enough demo's they need to go independent and release what they like and fuck warner

but having said that lpu9 has got demo's and a new song (some good stuff i hope)

2) more fucking dates in the UK - i could have seen them but traveling issues and none of my friends wanted to go at the time :unsure:

3) get some interludes on the new album - like the one ending from SOTD into WID

4) longer setlist for the next tour 2010 - 09 setlists were quite short like they were missing something they did making it up by adding new verses over POA (fucking cool BTW) but im not sure if it was length wise or just ..... (cant really describe it )

I find 2009 setlists are about the same as 2007 setlists. Short and very dull. But going to the concert will be very different.

Add one more:

1. Chester sings Crawling like singing Shadow of the Day.

2. Does Mike have any other chords or transposition while playing the keyboard for the piano versions? Not just E Flat.