Ideas For The New Album

hahninator

Here's something to think about. Linkin Park starts the Asian Tour in a few weeks, and has a Las Vegas gig shortly beforehand. Anyway, with that coming up, I thought we could have a little discussion. Check this out.

What do you guys think that Linkin Park could do differently for the new album? This is a very open topic - you can discuss like the music on the CD, or what's on the LPU CDs, or what they could do differently to promote or where they could tour at, etc. Here are some thoughts I had:

-LPTV's 3rd Edition. Bring back LPTV in the same form as you had it in 2007 with 10-15 episodes. I guess include them for sale on iTunes - it sucks to pay for them but at least we get them in a pretty good quality. 10-15 minute episodes are a must. Since there's episodes for most of the MTM tours already, be creative and use some unreleased footage you have. Music For Relief work, New Orleans work, Tour Rehearsals (practicing new songs live like TLTGYA, BIO, etc, and new intros/outros), etc. Maybe start it right before the studio work starts, so then we can start with like Episode 6 and have it updated every week of what's been going on in the studio. That'd be really cool, like Mission Metallica except better. A 10 minute video of what the band did in the studio every week would be amazing.

-LP Newscaster. Bring it back again. Let Fiore film 2-3 fans every show and let them debut exclusive information, etc. Don't just let it be like "LP is on tour with X band and Y band, and there's 10 shows left so come see the tour!!11one82". Let them be like "And the band has just said that they are now shooting a video for the next single, No More Sorrow, and expect it to be out in a month." That'd be cool. You can't have exclusive info each show, so let them do something different each time like "Hi I'm Melissa and today on LP Newscaster we're in Mansfield, MA, and we're going to visit the Revolution Village and talk to all the bands" or something. Make it really cool to watch and something that the users will come back for every day or however often it's updated.

-Touring. Tour South America. Hit European countries you've never hit like Metallica is doing. Play some South Africa shows. Play in Alaska and Hawaii. Try some other European countries besides England, Germany, and France all the time. Make sure you visit all your fans. Mexico even. Projekt Revolution's continuation as a tour and not a festival is critical.

-Setlists. Keep the setlist rotation going with 3 setlists, but maybe they want to make it 5 setlists. Maybe they want to switch it up every night and make it exclusive. If the band would rehearse more often, they could play songs like 'Forgotten', 'And One', 'Carousel', 'No Roads Left', etc randomly on a tour and keep the surprises coming. Maybe don't play as many singles and play some other material. The rotation was amazing when they debuted it, and it still is, and I think they can expand on it even more with the new album.

What else do you guys think the band could do to be even better?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think there's a lot of things that fits into Linkin Park sound. Or they keep M2M style or change even more.

I guess everybody's missing LPTV as much as I do. Since they started with this stuff, we get addicted, at least I do.

Touring aroud South America would be great! Some concerts in South Africa, Hawaii and Alaska sounds nice, just like you said.

I don't think setlists will change so much. Maybe add new musics from the new album and taking off some musics like somewhere i belong, crawling, or even from minutes to midnight. that's what i think.

I GUESS the concert here in Brazil had a newscaster, and that was great. continuing that doesn't sound bad {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

btw, I like when you start something to discuss, even though, most of times, I have nothing to say.

That is too much to ask for for the next cycle.

little at a time...

As for Album.

I think they should continue experimenting.

It would be better to Start new rather than making a "Minutes To Midnight 2"

This It would give them more fresh ideas when creating the music.

after that, THATS when it would be a great time to Mix everything they got into a new style.

nice i agree with each word of this post, you stole my words {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

i will add more some little things

1. different bsides on their singles, not live songs which we all have, do more songs and inserting in singles or downloads to lpu, lp always had bad bsides, only live stuff, they can make covers, put demos, different versions

2. keep with the dsp, is awesome to who won't go in concerts, and worth like a memory to who attend the concerts

3. the band have one diary, not only mike, but other guys write about the recording, 'til tourings etc...

4. got another directors to their music videos

5. put more songs in the setlists, between 22-26 songs

handsheldhigh, u also have to remember that shows are tiring for them enough nowadays. Some songs like Given Up are very energy consuming. However, most of the ideas are pretty good. I just don't think songs like And One will be brought back tho since they will soon have four well known albums to play from. Don't get me wrong I love HTEP, its prob one of my fav albums, but it most likely won't be played. As for Carousel, that's a def cuz they nv ev played in 00-02. Like I said tho, the rest of the ideas wud be great!

1. Come To Colombia

2. Add good songs to the setlist... make it more havier (im tired of listening sleepy songs)

3. Dont Mute Mr Hahn's scratch, he doesnt do anything on stage

4. Mike go back to 04 and wears back hat and earings.

5. Chester brings ur 03-04-06 screaming

6. Release meteora, MTM besides (we Fucking know u guys have them)

7. Do not hire Rick Rubin again (he could ruin lp music like he did with QWERTY studio)... Mike can produce lp albums

8. Keep Pooch.

9. make shows downloads faster and update that shit frequently (i can do that for free).

10. give up Warner.

11. Release Acapellas and Instrumentals

12. Play 'No Roads Left' already

thats it

2. Add good songs to the setlist... make it more havier (im tired of listening sleepy songs)

5. Chester brings ur 03-04-06 screaming

6. Release meteora, MTM besides (we Fucking know u guys have them)

7. Do not hire Rick Rubin again (he could ruin lp music like he did with QWERTY studio)... Mike can produce lp albums

8. Keep Pooch.

9. make shows downloads faster and update that shit frequently (i can do that for free).

10. give up Warner.

thats it

i agree

lp could play in latin america, they have a lot of fans, germans and asians must be tired to watch they concerts :rolleyes:

but if mike produce, lp will floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

he have the curse in his hands!

Personally, I would like to see singles with more content. Just imagine a single that had 4

or 5 tracks, .A single with remixes or a single edit. That would give people more incentive

to buy the singles. I know many will disagree but I would like to see Linkin Park do techno.

That kind of a move could win them fans in a totally diffrent demographic. Perhaps a remix

EP.

For Example:

Step Up (Clawfinger Remix)

Don't Stay (KMFDM Remix)

Breaking The Habit (Paul Van Dyk Remix)

Nobody's Listening (Crystal Method Remix)

Given Up (Marilyn Manson Remix)

With You (Chris Vrenna Remix)

High Voltage (Junkie XL Extended Remix)

KRWLNG (Aplcalyptica Remix)

I know something like this sounds risky, but It could work.

I think the new album the band should find a way to include Mike and Joe more prominently in the album.

I also think if they do not have a new album out by the next tour, they need to bring back the older songs (forgotten, figure 9, step up, or and one) and cut some singles that the casual fan comes to hear.

Video DSP, longer set lists and more LPTV episodes.

I was thinkin that the other day while i was walkin, the only thing would be the file size, 700mb or 1.4gb would be great but im doubting lp will ever bring out Video DSP :(

There are only a few things I would change...

1 - Do a scandinavian tour (or include Norway or Sweeden in a EU tour)

2 - Get a LITTLE heavier sound. I really like No More Sorrow, so I hope they make many more songs like that. And longer songs...

The rest has already been said in previous posts

Cheers!

1. Longer setlists... 22-25 songs, they can do it...

2. Release B-sides... we know they have a lot of them...

3. Mike, shave this fucking beard off {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif

4. Heavier concerts... put away all "Piano" versions... i want songs like "QWERTY", "Figure.09", "By Myself"...

5. Put some "old school" songs to your concerts... "Easier To Run", "By Myself", "Figure.09", HTEP songs!!!

6. Fuck off, Rick Rubin...

7. Hip-Hop Medley was amazing!!! Put it on your sets...

8. NRL Live!!! Pleeeease {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

9. Release some instrumentals...

10. Next album MUST be heavier... MTM was good, but i want hard songs...

11. Mike and Chester MUST sing together... songs like In The End, By Myself, Lying From You and a lot more are amazing... in MTM only BIO is with Chester and Mike...

12. Come to Bulgaria {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

PS: Sorry for the bad English... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

Mike should dye his hair again!

Release LPTV full length and free to the public or atlease LPU members

Play songs the crowd can jump and go crazy to (aka, Forgotten, By Myself, Figure.09)

Don't open with OSC, it should only be played before an encore or as a closer

Bring bak the old Mr.Hahn!! (aka, With You, Nobodys Listening)

and the new album shouldn't be enother MTM, bring back Meteora!!