Epicenter Lineup

hahninator

Usually I don't post festival lineups but since this is the only 2009 USA show for Linkin Park and has been hyped quite a bit, I thought I'd put it up this time. The show takes place on the 22nd at the Fairplex in Pomona, California. I will make a pre-show post tomorrow, so don't worry - we will have plenty of discussion about potential collaborations, etc (I know some of you are dying to make some predictions about this show).

MONSTER ENERGY STAGE:

12:00 PM: After Midnight Project

12:50 PM: Sonny

2:00 PM: Paper Tongues

3:10 PM: Aesop Rock

4:20 PM: Atmosphere

MAIN STAGE:

1:25 PM: Street Sweeper Social Club

2:35 PM: Hollywood Undead

3:45 PM: Atreyu

5:05 PM: Wolfmother

6:15 PM: Alice In Chains

7:40 PM: Linkin Park

9:30 PM: Tool

**In addition, DJ Mike of Scratch 'N Sniff will be spinning between sets on

the Main Stage**

Linkin Park will be playing before Tool, which means Dead By Sunrise will be brought out in a non-headlining spot for the first time this year. Will that make a difference with the crowd? What do you guys think, will there be a largely Tool-based fanbase or will LP's hometown crowd come out and rock it hard?

Thanks to 'vyonizr' for the news! Source here.

I like After Midnight Project a lot. I would have went just for them and LP if I could have. I don't think there will be any collabs. I also think LP should just play a full set without DBS at this show.

I like After Midnight Project a lot. I would have went just for them and LP if I could have. I don't think there will be any collabs. I also think LP should just play a full set without DBS at this show.

I can't wait!, but anyhow for some reason I think going be a big Tool base. Also DBS maybe having there own setlist being on the main festival page it says that DBS was just added to the list of performers and it would kind of suck if they took away from Lp setlist, being it doesn't seem like LP has a huge setlist since Tool after them.

I think since it is Cali you'll find a lot of LP fans.

Plus I think the crowd in general, even if they aren't hardcore LP fans, will enjoy LP and DBS. This is more of an LP-type festival as opposed to Sonisphere.

And maybe Chester sings with Alice In Chains?

Edited by Xero21

On the Epicenter website Dead By Sunrise is listed as "just added" and is completely seperate from LP (listed towards the bottom of the list).

Did DBS decide to do a somewhat longer, seperate set before LP or is the site just making sure to distinguish between the two bands?

I don't know how famous Tool is in US...

Very famous! :P And considering Tool isn't really put in the spotlight that much as far as their concerts go (because they choose that way usually), this should be a pretty huge thing for them. It's going to be an awesome show...sucks that I can't go. :angry:

Very famous! :P And considering Tool isn't really put in the spotlight that much as far as their concerts go (because they choose that way usually), this should be a pretty huge thing for them. It's going to be an awesome show...sucks that I can't go. :angry:

Man I wish i lived in california for this show. I saw tool a couple weeks ago in toronto for the first time. And they are absolutly amazing live.

Its a different experience than a linkin park concert. Where as chester likes to jump around and greet the crowd, tool focuses on their music and has an outstanding visual display of lights and acid-trip imagery. If you are going to this show, certainly check them out.

Besides tool im sure LP will put on a kickass show.

Another thing, Atreyu is playing and I have yet to see them since projekt rev 2008 didnt come to canada

Edited by ryan461

Tool are epic. So are Linkin Park. I wish the best for both of them, Keenan is excellent exactly like Chester.

BTW, After Midnight Project, did they do a song called Take me Home ? I lost most of my files on my PC in April, including about 6,000 odd songs, and I've downloaded most since. I'm sure i had that song somewhere