Out Of Ashes album cover on Noise Creep

Xero21

Posted Image

"In trying to describe the artwork he envisioned for the debut album by his new project, Dead by Sunrise, Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington tells Noisecreep he had a few key words in mind. "I wanted something that looked dark, mysterious and beautiful, but comfortable at the same time, and captured a gothic feel. But I wanted it to be modern," he said.

He took that idea to the design firm Polychrome, and was very pleased with the results. "[They] really took my words and kind of started coming up with these amazing surreal shots and concepts for the album artwork and they were the ones who developed the idea for this black void, which the cloth that you see on the front kind of represents death in a way and how it is chasing us down through the artwork," he said.

That collaborative spirit is also a metaphor for the album, which began as a solo project, before he became so impressed with the ideas presented by close friends and former Orgy members Ryan Shuck and Amir Derakh that he handed over free reign to the pair to experiment with his songs. The result is Dead by Sunrise, a joining of Bennington and the electornic/rock group Julien K, led by Shuck and Derakh." I was blown away by how their style and their kind of turn and twist on the music had taken the songs," Bennington said."

SOURCE

Looks awesome.

Well, I said it in the previous topic, but let's do it again.

I don't like it very much. I mean, yes, it's good, but it could have been really better. There was a cover, made by a dude from the forum. It was ways better. :D

Your referring to me. I believe the real one is better. Mine was moodier, kind of how i envisioned the band and the themes, but this is quite sophisticated. Awesome. There was no way I could have done better.

off topic but I can't believe Crawl Back In hasn't surfaced. The first time a live DBS song debutdoesn't get a rip. And its the main single.

Track listing next hopefully !

EDIT: Fixed what I was trying to say Andros, lol.

Edited by Subs

off topic but I can't believe Crawl Back In hasn't surfaced. The first song of a live debut to not get a rip. And its the main single.

Track listing next hopefully !

Do not I understand that you want to say?

on another note i love the first comment.

"does this mean the break up of linkin park?"

no. It means your an idiot and where have you been the last few months. Seriously New Divide was all over the place. Some people these days.

I've liked the logo ever since it appeared on the flyers for the July 4th show, but having it as the centerpiece on the album cover honestly makes it look like a Dark Side of the Moon ripoff.

I've liked the logo ever since it appeared on the flyers for the July 4th show, but having it as the centerpiece on the album cover honestly makes it look like a Dark Side of the Moon ripoff.

I agree. the logo looks pretty nice. I'm happy with the cover. But the truth is its the music that counts.