2024.09.05 - Los Angeles, CA (Special Event)

RogueSoul

Rob to me really does feel like a John Deacon situation. And thats okay if someone can never recover from it, or finds other interests, the things we choose in life.

I really hope it's more like that versus a disagreement and what not though. But I'd like to think so

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Does anyone checked the moment when the Papercut bridge started?

Mike was about to hug Emily but backed down

Must have been sad for him

I was really focussed for it, as its always been my favourite part about papercut, Chester and Mike side by side. But i felt the same restraint on Mike as you said, It had real ''sad shinoda echo's of the past'' edit oppertunity vibes. 

4 minutes ago, Spooky said:

I was really focussed for it, as its always been my favourite part about papercut, Chester and Mike side by side. But i felt the same restraint on Mike as you said, It had real ''sad shinoda echo's of the past'' edit oppertunity vibes. 

At the last second I thought that he was going for it 

Im sure that they'll end up doing it

We got a card with a QR code on it. It takes you to the @youbetterhearme twitter account aka Allan. The old scavenger hunt account from the LGM release. The accounts profile pic is of Samus from Metroid. ARE WE GETTING A SONG FOR METROID PRIME 4!? Maybe for the Switch 2 reveal coming up!? HYPE!

2 hours ago, max91 said:

He was starting to just show up less, be in less contact, and I know the fans noticed it too. The Hybrid Theory rerelease and Papercuts release, he didn’t show up for anything.

Him not showing up for the Hybrid Theory rerelease seems a bit incorrect cause he showed up for the Q&A on October 9th 2020 so that counts for something but I wonder if that's the last thing. 

Edited by RayGun4200

2 hours ago, RayGun4200 said:

Him not showing up for the Hybrid Theory rerelease seems a bit incorrect cause he showed up for the Q&A on October 9th 2020 so that counts for something but I wonder if that's the last thing. 

classic shinoda

Big thumbs up! 

Wasn’t expecting an hour set, so that was totally awesome. Felt the band gelled well and were firing on all cylinders. 

I’m new to Emily Armstrong (but will check out Dead Sara) so had no preconceptions about what she’d sound like. She did a great job and made it her own. Strong vocal, sounds like she has good range for keeping up with old songs. Her ‘singing’ voice is top. Only ‘criticism’ I’d have is that she could dial back the harsher vocals in places on the older songs where it doesn’t need quite so much emphasis, but for all I know that’s her style. Key takeaway is that this is show 1, as she settles in live, imagine what show 10, 50, 100 will sound like. 

I agree with comment above re comparison to Rob and John Deacon. ‘Distancing himself’ from the band doesn’t necessarily mean bad blood, could just be finishing that chapter of his life and moving on to the next thing. 

All in all, looking forward to what comes next. New track is a brilliant introduction to new sound, the band are very good at that - WID, Catalyst, BID, GATS, Heavy… they all did that. Roll on Nov 15! 

just been on YouTube. The AI covers putting Chester vocals on TEM have already started cropping up. One published 7 hours ago… that’s within an hour of it being released 😒

Edited by Sukotto

Emily need to change technique on some songs, she's going to hard sometimes. They need to review show and talk about what she can improve before tour. Maybe some change in setlist needed too.

She use raspines when its no needed. Her clean performance on what I've done is what it should look like most of the time.

Finger crossed. She is great singer.

1 hour ago, MMM said:

Emily need to change technique on some songs, she's going to hard sometimes. They need to review show and talk about what she can improve before tour. Maybe some change in setlist needed too.

She use raspines when its no needed. Her clean performance on what I've done is what it should look like most of the time.

Finger crossed. She is great singer.

Exactly, to me she is a very good singer (most of the time hitting the right notes), but not as strong on the screams, live. I hope she'll sing more on the new songs, and I might get used to this new LP.

For me Linkin Park ended when Chester passed away, I was too attached to his voice... but I always wished the guys would come back, either all 5 of them as LP or with new people, but under a new band name. Well, a new LP book is being written. Good luck guys.

I am back from the shadows! Honestly I think Emily was great. At the beginning I was getting a little frustrated with how much she would turn the mic towards the crowd but by the end I was really pleasantly surprised. What made me happiest today was just seeing Mike perform with a smile on his face. Dude just wants to make and play music with the band that he created, and his heart was ripped out 7 years ago. Here’s to a new chapter of Linkin Park.

Also announcing arena shows just a couple of weeks out is so bizarre lol

Question, how did we find out about Emily Armstrong? Was it just because 'E m i l y' - 5 letters, and A r m s t r o n g - 9 letters? which is 5th of september?

20 minutes ago, Yucker said:

Anyone knows what happened to Brad yesterday? I've read (can't remember if it was here or another site) that he's out of touring things. 

Covid i guess? Someone said that.

The live performance will only be available for 24h. I hope you guys save it. Also the ticket websites are showing a stage that is the same that we saw yesterday. And this also confirms that the performance we saw is pretty much their upcoming tour concept and setlist.

I'm reading the show notes, which say: " Brad Delson decided not to make touring appearances, Alex Fetter replaced him on guitar".

But I think we're NOT ENTIRELY SURE of that ?

From the way Mike did the introductions, it sounded more like he's just temporarily filling in (he wasn't introduced as a "new touring member" or something to that effect, it was just "filling in for Brad Delson").

Also Alex played on Brad's guitar rig, which makes me think Brad was supposed to be there, but something came up on short notice so he needed replacement.

A permanent touring guitarist would probably prefer playing his own rig.

I have mixed feelings. Emily is an awesome singer and she sounds good when she doesn't exaggerate it (She sometimes did in the live performance in my opinion, it's fine if some parts are sung in a clean way). I also think she fits for the songs, BUT what bothers me is that many songs have a shift in pitch, many of them are higher than the original and some of them sound silly and less energetic because of that. It just sounds off. I noticed that in Numb, Faint, Somewhere I Belong and Crawling, there are probably more.

What I really love is the new song. It feels like Linkin Park, it sounds like Linkin Park, it IS Linkin Park! It feels more like Linkin Park than most of the album "One More Light" in my opinion.

It´s HARD to replace Chester. She was pushing herself to the limit to try to appeal to the scream-side of the fanbase.

She'll improve a lot, will find her pace.

I hope they replace the livestream on youtube with the proper FULL HD or 4k proshot.

28 minutes ago, Mapapwomatic said:

I have mixed feelings. Emily is an awesome singer and she sounds good when she doesn't exaggerate it (She sometimes did in the live performance in my opinion, it's fine if some parts are sung in a clean way). I also think she fits for the songs, BUT what bothers me is that many songs have a shift in pitch, many of them are higher than the original and some of them sound silly and less energetic because of that. It just sounds off. I noticed that in Numb, Faint, Somewhere I Belong and Crawling, there are probably more.

Numb is an actual Chipmunk version.

Overall the show left me with good feelings. I think Emily will eventually find her footing, at least I hope. I do agree she was trying way too hard to hit that "raspiness" that Chester was known for in some of the songs (Catayst, SIB). I think she sounded best when doing clean singing or straight up yelling/screaming. The problem was the in between. 

The hardest part will be getting used to the old songs being perfomred in a different key, but it makes sense why they had to do it that way. 

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Still don't get the Brad situation, he isn't gonna perform live at all, not even eventually? Cause yesterday it sounded like a temporary fix

Mike introduced Colin as drummer with no mention of Rob. However, when introducing Alex, Mike phrased it as ‘filling in for Brad’.

so I took that as temporary. 

10 hours ago, RayGun4200 said:

I want to guess he meant "The Meteora and the Papercuts" because he doesnt mention Meterora20

BTW, i loved that Emily was emotional during WTFE.