2024.09.05 - Los Angeles, CA (Special Event)

RogueSoul

Linkin Park are back! With new vocalist Emily Armstrong and new drummer Colin Brittain. 7 years have passed since Chester's passing. I think she is a very good choice for the band. She sings a lot like Chester did in his early days, and I see some facial resemblance between them in a good way. She is nice, has a great voice, professional musician. Her feminine energy will serve well for the continuation of Chester's and LP's legacy and for a new start. Best of luck to Linkin Park ❤️

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sukotto said:

Mike introduced Colin as drummer with no mention of Rob. However, when introducing Alex, Mike phrased it as ‘filling in for Brad’.

so I took that as temporary. 

Definitely temporary because Brad is in the TEM music video.

2 hours ago, Sukotto said:

Mike introduced Colin as drummer with no mention of Rob. However, when introducing Alex, Mike phrased it as ‘filling in for Brad’.

so I took that as temporary. 

Brad it is likely to be temporary, Rob is 100% out of the band and Mike not mentioning him at that particular moment made sense, even more after hearing him explaining why he wasn't there. We already knew (kinda) he wouldn't be too active with the band after the tribute show and that HT20 interview. I'd miss him dearly but he decided his own path.

Loved the show, can't wait for Emily and Colin to get more comfortable with the band and grow with them.

14 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

I'm reading the show notes, which say: " Brad Delson decided not to make touring appearances, Alex Fetter replaced him on guitar".

But I think we're NOT ENTIRELY SURE of that ?

From the way Mike did the introductions, it sounded more like he's just temporarily filling in (he wasn't introduced as a "new touring member" or something to that effect, it was just "filling in for Brad Delson").

Also Alex played on Brad's guitar rig, which makes me think Brad was supposed to be there, but something came up on short notice so he needed replacement.

A permanent touring guitarist would probably prefer playing his own rig.

Seems strange to me too. Brads in all the promo material and the Zane Interview. All media leading up to it states Brad as part the line up, then this and the statement. Seems something changed in the build up between the Zane interview and the performance. 

1 hour ago, Charles320 said:

Seems strange to me too. Brads in all the promo material and the Zane Interview. All media leading up to it states Brad as part the line up, then this and the statement. Seems something changed in the build up between the Zane interview and the performance. 

Sound to me like health issues. He probably had them from long ago and tried up until last minute to see if it improved, but since not, he made the safe decision and stepped outside. 

10 hours ago, RexOnGame said:

Guys, what do you think if I take out the audio of this past concert and share it with you later? For the old times. Unless it's not allowed here.

I'm not a mod so definitely don't take my word as anything official, but I wouldn't think there'd be a problem with sharing the audio from the stream since it is freely available on YouTube and not anything that needs to be paid for.

That chat was a mess. More hate comments than anything and overall it seemed way more hostile than it should've been.I like Daves comments from the Zane Lowe interview. I am paraphrasing but "Its not a competition. Some will be joining the ride, some won't but thats okay" no need to ruin it for others

26 minutes ago, rd1994 said:

That chat was a mess. More hate comments than anything and overall it seemed way more hostile than it should've been.I like Daves comments from the Zane Lowe interview. I am paraphrasing but "Its not a competition. Some will be joining the ride, some won't but thats okay" no need to ruin it for others

Setting aside the Scientology and Masterson (I hate how much I've had to think about that piece of shit over the last couple of days) controversies, the people who get to me the most are the ones who are like "How could you replace Chester? How could you cast him aside like nothing?" Jaime doesn't help that, either, saying things like "My father has been erased by his colleagues of 17+ years".

So basically there are a lot of people who had stopped listening to LP in 2003, who got back into the band's first 2 albums after Chester died, who are now acting like they have some say in how the band proceeds from this point. Like go back to wherever you were for the 14 years between Meteora and Chester's death. The band does not need that type of disingenuous, bad faith negativity.

The show on the 5th was such an amazing event to be a part of!  I think Emily did a great job of being authentic and having an emotional connection to the songs that you could feel plus her voice is a perfect fit.  I am really happy for Brad, Joe and Mike that they can continue their career work and have found the new members that they connect with both musically and personally.  Excited to see what's to come and have a new album soon to add to those I have on repeat! 

35 minutes ago, DaveG said:

The show on the 5th was such an amazing event to be a part of!  I think Emily did a great job of being authentic and having an emotional connection to the songs that you could feel plus her voice is a perfect fit.  I am really happy for Brad, Joe and Mike that they can continue their career work and have found the new members that they connect with both musically and personally.  Excited to see what's to come and have a new album soon to add to those I have on repeat! 

Don't forget Dave!

According to the interview it sounded like he was the one member who never doubted he wanted to continue working on LP.

1 minute ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Don't forget Dave!

According to the interview it sounded like he was the one member who never doubted he wanted to continue working on LP.

Good Call!  Dave is an amazing human and I am very happy for him too!  I should have definitely added him too.   The reason think my mind went to those 3 first was I just knew Brad, Joe and Mike on a more personal level from my time with them.

7 hours ago, DaveG said:

You went to the show? Also good to see you around here again

On 9/7/2024 at 5:04 PM, c3bebuilder said:

You went to the show? Also good to see you around here again

Yeah,  I was there.  It was a great show,  didn't think we would get the chance to see them live again!  And thank you!