Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

18 hours ago, Subs said:

He said new linkin park coming. The offers for a comeback tour are significant. 

i really hope its just a tour and not new material

I remember these conversations years ago lol, time flies.

I'm speculating wildly, which I know we shouldn't do, but I personally can see a scenario where there is both new material and a tour. I think Rob and Joe will be involved in the studio but may elect to not actually go out on tour. So live performances may be Mike, Brad, Dave, new vocalist, and touring drummer. DJ could be a touring DJ or they'd just use playback for Joe's parts.

So long as we're still talking about multiple original members performing on any new songs, I still don't think that creating new music under the LP name is ruining or disrespecting the legacy that the band built with Chester. I understand the logic, I just personally don't agree with it.

18 hours ago, Kirstie said:

https://www.instagram.com/welcometorockville/

Music Festival in Florida has reposted LP's post. 

That seems... Should they really be doing that? I know they want to build hype of their own, but damn. Rockville confirmed, I guess.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Justin said:

That seems... Should they really be doing that? I know they want to build hype of their own, but damn. Rockville confirmed, I guess.

The festival profile deleted the story... An accidental leak? 

Well, so we're entering a new era... I've been waiting for this day for 7 years. Let's see what the future brings. I'm excited! I guess a new single + tour, but both might not come at the same time, I think. Probably there'll be something more - maybe a pre-recorded live performance with 2-3 songs, probably Bleed It Out included.

Here in Chile there was a rumor from an account didacted to festivals here that LP was negotiating for shows in South America (including a rumor of the Viña del Mar festival wanting them)…

It is still a fan account, take it with a pinch of salt

Edited by BnSrSa
Grammar

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I remember these conversations years ago lol, time flies.

I'm speculating wildly, which I know we shouldn't do, but I personally can see a scenario where there is both new material and a tour. I think Rob and Joe will be involved in the studio but may elect to not actually go out on tour. So live performances may be Mike, Brad, Dave, new vocalist, and touring drummer. DJ could be a touring DJ or they'd just use playback for Joe's parts.

So long as we're still talking about multiple original members performing on any new songs, I still don't think that creating new music under the LP name is ruining or disrespecting the legacy that the band built with Chester. I understand the logic, I just personally don't agree with it.

Slightly off topic, but is GreyFox on reddit geki ? 

He is acting like he has some insider info saying that theres new material.

ill respect whatever the band does, but it isn't LP without Chester. 

Im sure they will be respectful but you just cant replace chester sadly.

1 hour ago, Yucker said:

The festival profile deleted the story... An accidental leak? 

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

Altguy's post on pulsemusic also disappeared. I guess the cleanup crew is already hard at work 🫡

Warner Brothers ninjas confirming lol

Also, tin foil hat but I'm willing to bet the BIO hype was built to get us in a fervor as a starting point for this hype train

4 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

willing to bet the BIO hype was built to get us in a fervor as a starting point for this hype train

yeah kinda seems like they (WB mgmt) desperately want LP to stay relevant, as if they're not one of the most famous acts of the century

15 minutes ago, Subs said:

Not sure if it's Geki, but I don't believe their implications that they know something more than the rest of us.

If they really did have inside info, they wouldn't be on Reddit saying things like "I have sources but I don't want to spoil anything" lol. Anybody privileged enough to be in a circle like that, with real info, would be trusted enough to not be throwing it around on the LP subreddit.

25 minutes ago, Subs said:

Lol, no. I'm definitley not him

I'm just done with people saying stuff like "it's only a remaster", or "i don't want this, i don't want that"

I just hate that negativity lol 😄

I did react to you though that it's not only new singer announcement, as i think Altguy "new Linkin Park next week" is talking about new music.

I hope Mark joined to the group again (unlikely) than having a female singer. :( Or 5 of them forms the band again, and release a new song at the same time. I don't wanna see AI driven Robo-Chester either, that'll be sad (not that sad if they'd got a female singer, that's the creapiest option).

My theory is (pun intended) Mike saying he’s been “in the lab working” is code for in the studio making new music. And given the time frame of the “leak” about a possible female singer I don’t feel like that’s enough time

to make new music, which it’s possible but not the way LP takes time to make it. But it’s way enough time to rehearse for live shows. So I’m guessing based off that, new music as a 5 piece band and female singer to help with live shows only, but I’m probably totally wrong lol

Edited by DylHDZ

2 hours ago, Coizu said:

Altguy's post on pulsemusic also disappeared. I guess the cleanup crew is already hard at work 🫡

LP’s team watch our posts and shout boxes like hawks. People gotta learn to start sharing this stuff in other places if you want to maintain sources of info. 

3 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

My theory is (pun intended) Mike saying he’s been “in the lab working” is code for in the studio making new music. And given the time frame of the “leak” about a possible female singer I don’t feel like that’s enough time

to make new music, which it’s possible but not the way LP takes time to make it. But it’s way enough time to rehearse for live shows. So I’m guessing based off that, new music as a 5 piece band and female singer to help with live shows only, but I’m probably totally wrong lol

I can see "new music" not necessarily being a full album, but rather a single + maybe an EP. Just to introduce themselves back to the fans "Hello guys, it's been a while. This is the new singer. This is what we're all about at the moment. Enjoy !"

On Mike's post in his Instagram, Joe made a comment kidding about "not knowing what it was about".

And Mike replied "Dave and Brad told me to do that."

The important clue here: no Rob mentioned in this conversation.

Edited by vinifeijo