4.0 Ideas?

hahninator

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm... In concert page would be cool to see one normal size photo of show (maybe in right page's side?) and link to gallery to see all show's photos.

Also, you can change audio / video samples' download links to flash viewing, mmm... maybe like Youtube...

I think that second won't happen, because Video samples are made in original source quality, so changing them to flash like Youtube will make them look like sh*t.

I think that second won't happen, because Video samples are made in original source quality, so changing them to flash like Youtube will make them look like sh*t.

haha totally agreed..

I'd like to have the LPLive torrent tracker become official..

Also, Get rid of the LPFN that fisico put up for LPL 3.0

saw thread and has a comment about something to add. u will have a downloads section right? with live media. well, how about putting up dvds like the wantagh one. (awesome show) and other videos of shows. linkinparkmedia.com has alot of them.

What's LPFN?

About the samples, that will definitely not change. For example for the DVD's it wouldn't be a sample if it wasn't in the actual quality. And most of them are not bigger than 20 MB anyway.

Maybe lossless samples for the lossless shows are an option.

Have to agree on the tracker, we definitely need one again.

Since many many fansites have big download sections I think it's not really necessary to have one. And for the DVD's I think it would be a problem to host them as DDL's, except maybe on Free-Hosters, which is more a pain in the ass then when it's split into many archives and you have a download limit.

Yeah but the main purpose of this still a Live Guide, all the other LP sites have downloads too. I think the info is much more important than downloads, It's hard enough to keep it all updated.

Nothing against downloads though, but IMO it's just not necessary and only more work to include them on the pages.

• 3 weeks later...

Well on the year pages, you could colourize the text which says what tour a show is. This would make make different tours stand out from each other or not if it was only one colour. It would however, make a tour stand out against a single date. For example, the PR US 08 tour would stand out against the Bonner Springs date. The aim of this is readability.

Colours wouldn't necessarily conflict with other pages because they would be pale, except for the shows with sources, as they are blackened. They may conflict with canceled and resheduled dates so it may just need to be one colour for all tours. Possibly keep all tour text in a pale colour no matter what the circumstance.

Edit: On second thought, I have a better idea, include a "Top" or "Back To Top" anchor at the bottom of every page/in a template. E.g This would help on the page "2000 and earlier".

Edited by Elementary Warrior

• 1 month later...

i think you guys should work on a live gear page/section of the website. that would be really cool, and wouldn't be too hard. you can use mostly live pics/videos, and i know for a fact that astat knows a lot about it already.

Edited by parth196

• 2 weeks later...

Actually we have a chat room on IRC for quite a while, kind of equal to the LPU chat. A possibility to join it over the browser will be embed at a later point.

Else, download mIRC client, get a tutorial on how things work and join #lplive.net on EFNet.

How about some random interesting facts?

For example - Longest Encore break, Shortest one. If it possible to count that of course.

Longest pause in PMA piano...

Sure, I bet we can integrate mirc somehow to the site.

anyway, yeah the interesting facts will be there. ive got plenty of things planned with those.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

take the pics of the physical setlists from the dsps and or other resources and include them in the show notes

Show Notes

- Bloc Party Was Over The Points Of Authority Intro

- *insert random show note

- * more show note

- View The Physical Setlist Here.

^then you hyperlink the picture url

itd be neat IMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think it would be cool if we could post on the live guide eg. your experiences from a concert etc, on the page of the particular concert??

Hahninator did say something about in 4.0 that the show reviews of LP shows will go on the show info pages.

i love reading reviews on some peoples show. Makes you feel like you were there