QWERTY 3-track Digital Single | LPU Limited Edition Vinyl

martinez

Snatched up. Haven't been super fond of the art direction for the greatest hits-related stuff, but this one is pretty nice - same for the QWERTY digital single.

Is the live vid AI upscaled or real 1080p? not that it bothers me, is just that i couldn't see any of the usual visual glitches like the ones present on the new Live In Texas.

26 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Is the live vid AI upscaled or real 1080p? not that it bothers me, is just that i couldn't see any of the usual visual glitches like the ones present on the new Live In Texas.

In my opinion this is AI upscaled but it looks so good because it was upscaled using the master

50 minutes ago, Diaux said:

AI upscaled

seriously don't dont get this vinyl madness. FF and Qwerty are on Papercuts vinyl right? what's the point to release another vinyl?

This lack of new LPU music is really annoying, DBS acoustic set would be better.

14 minutes ago, mrfox said:

FF and Qwerty are on Papercuts vinyl right? what's the point to release another vinyl?

FF and QWERTY both are singles of the Papercuts album.

16 hours ago, Diaux said:

Its AI upscaled. Its getting better though the more years we use the tech. But it still has problems with the crowd from far and things like interpreting text like on mikes shirt, when its not clear enough to read it

3 hours ago, mrfox said:

seriously don't dont get this vinyl madness. FF and Qwerty are on Papercuts vinyl right? what's the point to release another vinyl?

This lack of new LPU music is really annoying, DBS acoustic set would be better.

A single song cut at 45 rpm taking up the whole side of a record is going to sound vastly superior to that song being bundled up with several others on a single side cut at 33 rpm.

The only thing better than a 10” would be a 12”, but it’s likely that it would result in excessive deadwax and/or be overkill for the length of these songs. 

There is a benefit to this presentation given the limitations of the vinyl format. 

5 hours ago, mrfox said:

2 hours ago, letdownagain said:

A single song cut at 45 rpm taking up the whole side of a record is going to sound vastly superior to that song being bundled up with several others on a single side cut at 33 rpm.

The only thing better than a 10” would be a 12”, but it’s likely that it would result in excessive deadwax and/or be overkill for the length of these songs. 

There is a benefit to this presentation given the limitations of the vinyl format. 

Neither do I. Linkin Park is a 2000s band, modern sound, everything digital, vinyl is far from being the best physical format for their music. But, that's the rules of the market.

PS: Don't take it as an attack if you like to collect it, I just see it pointless. 

8 hours ago, mrfox said:

If a LP fan did not want to spend money on Papercuts because he/she was only interested in Friendly Fire and QWERTY then this vinyl is a great opportunity to have them both and own a very rare release. If I had not bought Papercuts I would have definitely bought this one. Also it's limited to just 1000 copies so whoever bought this owns something that is potentially worth much more.

19 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Neither do I. Linkin Park is a 2000s band, modern sound, everything digital, vinyl is far from being the best physical format for their music. But, that's the rules of the market.

PS: Don't take it as an attack if you like to collect it, I just see it pointless. 

16 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

If a LP fan did not want to spend money on Papercuts because he/she was only interested in Friendly Fire and QWERTY then this vinyl is a great opportunity to have them both and own a very rare release. If I had not bought Papercuts I would have definitely bought this one. Also it's limited to just 1000 copies so whoever bought this owns something that is potentially worth much more.

There's 2 fair points here. I've heard for some time about the myth surrounding vinyl being "The best way to experience music in high quality/fidelity" which to a certain degree is true, especially for older music or for people who rather want to hear it in the 'purest' way possible. It's up to personal preference, for 20$ (+ shipping) is not too bad, I bought the CD version of Papercuts so owning this limited edition thingy wouldn't be too bad.

8 minutes ago, RentEznor said:

There's 2 fair points here. I've heard for some time about the myth surrounding vinyl being "The best way to experience music in high quality/fidelity" which to a certain degree is true, especially for older music or for people who rather want to hear it in the 'purest' way possible. It's up to personal preference, for 20$ (+ shipping) is not too bad, I bought the CD version of Papercuts so owning this limited edition thingy wouldn't be too bad.

If the recording was made with analog equipment, like with older recording as you mentioned, for sure it's the best way.

Since most of recording nowadays are made digitally, you're paying double for the same shit, just because looks cool.

On 4/27/2024 at 2:20 PM, bloodbath said:

You can get really into the fine details of things about whether or not it’s pointless given it’s coming from a digital medium (which we know is true for LP).

My main issue with LP releases is that they are louder than they really need to be (which is true of 99.9% of modern music). I don’t know what they did in the case of Papercuts and/or this single, but they have had releases specifically mastered for vinyl in the past. I’ve heard some good stuff cut from digital masters. Could just be a placebo effect if they’re cutting from the same squashed digital masters, but if there’s potential that they’ve been altered for the format, then I want to hear that. Cassettes are novelty (though I still grab one every once in a while) and CDs are pointless to me with both the arrival of hi-res digital audio (though in this case, the CD has the proper transitions) and generally overly loud mastering as the standard.

I take it for what it is. Vinyl probably isn’t the best physical format for their music and can be more trouble than it’s worth for most, but there’s also potential for great sound, depending upon how things are handled. Streaming seems to be good enough for the general populous, so I don’t know that most are worried about the above and that’s fine.

Edited by letdownagain