Already Over / In My Head (Endel Gaming Soundscape)

martinez

Today Mike has released an album containing a new reinterpretation of the songs Already Over and In My Head. This is what he said:

In collaboration with @EndelSound, Already Over & In My Head have been reworked into two new soundscapes to boost gaming sessions & workouts. Stream 'Already Over / In My Head (Endel Gaming Soundscape)' now.

Tracklist:

01.Already Over - Endel Version 1 (Gaming Soundscape) (4:30)
02.Already Over - Endel Version 2 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:28)
03.Already Over - Endel Version 3 (Gaming Soundscape) (3:01)
04.Already Over - Endel Version 4 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:45)
05.Already Over - Endel Version 5 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:11)
06.Already Over - Endel Version 1 (Fort Minor Mix) [feat. Dom McLennon] [Gaming Soundscape] (2:15)
07.Already Over - Endel Version 2 (Fort Minor Mix) [feat. Dom McLennon] [Gaming Soundscape] (2:33)
08.Already Over - Endel Version 3 (Fort Minor Mix) [feat. Dom McLennon] [Gaming Soundscape] (2:25)
09.Already Over - Endel Version 4 (Fort Minor Mix) [feat. Dom McLennon] [Gaming Soundscape] (2:40)
10.In My Head - Endel Version 1 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:32)
11.In My Head - Endel Version 2 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:33)
12.In My Head - Endel Version 3 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:08)
13.In My Head - Endel Version 4 (Gaming Soundscape) (2:56)

Total Length: 34:57

You can stream the full album below:

The album is available on all popular digital platforms: https://mshnd.co/Endel-Gaming. Mike also teased that a Workout version of the album is coming next week on February 5th.

Copying from what I wrote in the shoutbox:

I was debating with myself a lot recently if I should just not post anything here anymore to not just vent negative energy, but I guess I just want to get it out of my system once.

At this point I am glad if LP is not going to do anything anymore. It seems like Mike lost all of his artistic vision and direction. All of his recently released songs were very mid, he got lost in all of this NFT/Web 3.0 non-sense and now this whole Already Over stuff. It's almost as if he slowly turns into a caricature of himself.

Stuff he did was very inspiring and motivational to me, now I just roll my eyes and cringe when I see what he is up to next.

Pretty cool tbh.

You don't have to click on new AO stuff if you don't want guys. Mike is not rehashing the song for us hardcore fans, he's doing it because he can and to spread his reach as a solo artist. In the digital marketing age, you reuse content as much as you can to maximize engagement with your brand.

It's not any different than LP doing gimmicky music videos like GATS or LITE, the 360 Welcome video, putting out "Live around the world", teaming up with Mercedes, 8-bit rebellion remixes, recharged remixes, remix contests, releasing acapellas and instrumentals etc. All of these are just maximizing the life and reach of the brand separate from new original pieces of music. 

We could either sit in silence between AO and the next original Mike song, or see stuff like this that makes us say "neat" and move on. Or, you can choose to be upset and complain, but why waste time like that?

For me, the problem is not these experiments/methods to get more exposure/make money. Mike, alone or with the band, has always done this kind of thing. The problem is: what is MS NOW? Is he still an artist? What does he want to do with his career?
And the thing that as a hardcore fan really doesn't sit well with me is the state of the band. On the eve of the seventh year, I'm fed up. Mike and the guys can do whatever they want. Always grateful to them. But one answer is mandatory. Stop being vague--I don't understand the point. Is there some problem that we don't know about? Music rights, internal situation of Chester's family and members' family? Does anyone in the band (Rob?) not want to continue? Fear in the search for a new vocalist?
Guys, too many questions. It's frustrating.

Kinda like @Coizu 

It's concerning that Mike is still trying to find new ways to shove this song on everyone throat.

The song was never amazing it was just decent 7/10

Right now it's disgusting, boring and specially annoying.

I would rather have one thread for every news about Already Over. The front page is starting to look like spam.

I know that news are a bit slow but anything is better than this.

Fuck this track, fuck Mike mindset.

Shinoda destroyed this song.

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I would rather have one thread for every news about Already Over. The front page is starting to look like spam.

It's always nice to have a thread about something that just came out, regardless if the last time that happened was a month ago or weeks ago.

Also, JZLP I have seen some of your messages where you were answering on the same topic on the LPL's twitter and you were definitely more polite there!

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

8dzw4f.jpg

What's your point? Should people only come here to praise what he is doing without any criticism? If people stop coming here once they are unhappy with something, this forum would be completely dead by now.

2 hours ago, Coizu said:

What's your point? Should people only come here to praise what he is doing without any criticism? If people stop coming here once they are unhappy with something, this forum would be completely dead by now.

That's kinda depressing and my point exactly, why turn every forum into a space full of complaining? What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say"?

Criticism I don't mind seeing: "I get Mike wants to maximize his reach and market his new song, but these remixes aren't very musically interesting and I wish he'd hold a remix contest or something to get more sonic variety"

Criticism that I think is more annoying than 10,000 Already Over remixes: "The front page of a site/forum dedicated to discussing MS/LP releases and activities is littered with MS activities that I happen to not like. I'm sick of listening to every version of AO when, in fact, I am choosing to do so. I could just not listen and wait for the next original interesting track from Mike but instead am coming here to complain and critique the mere existence of these releases, even though he and his label are just following best marketing practices today" 

3 hours ago, Coizu said:

Exactly.

This is not a cult, some fans tend to have that mindset and praise every single thing that a band does.

I just hope that Mike does something creative, he has what it takes to do something amazing.

Thats why i am a little bit sad of this route. 27 versions of the same song and counting.

You guys just aren’t getting it. All of this is a big performance art piece. It’s a metaphor for conservation in a time of late stage capitalism, and mankind’s tendency to waste resources even in the face of impending doom. Mike is recycling over and over again, and showing us that this plastic water bottle can still be a water bottle, even broken down and reused 40 times over

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Exactly.

This is not a cult, some fans tend to have that mindset and praise every single thing that a band does.

I just hope that Mike does something creative, he has what it takes to do something amazing.

Thats why i am a little bit sad of this route. 27 versions of the same song and counting.

not really. i dislikes some of the LP stuff and something in the LP universe too (eg: i hate Grey Daze cashgrab albums). people are getting annoyed with your negative comments because you simply dislikes Mike Shinoda. fullstop. if it's not him, you might praise the releases like hell. GD can recycled their stuff over & over again and you're acting like it's holy grail. that's sick you know. sad to have a fan like you keep complaining and whining without having real discussion. whatever you said after this, i'm just taking it as a joke. 

It's funny because in every era there is something to complain about. Remember when we complained about LPU 8? Or Breaking the Habit (live) on so many LPU CDs? lol

This type of sentiment has always existed. ATS era setlists in Europe to start? People were freeeeeaaaaaking out they weren't changing sets. lmao

37 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

We should host a Linkin Park community Purge event. You guys would go an entire year of being nice to each other and to Mike's overused song in exchange of 24 hours of going at each other's throats and posting all the negativity you want.

The member who survives listening to Already Over 24 hours non stop wins.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

It's funny because in every era there is something to complain about. Remember when we complained about LPU 8? Or Breaking the Habit (live) on so many LPU CDs? lol

This type of sentiment has always existed. ATS era setlists in Europe to start? People were freeeeeaaaaaking out they weren't changing sets. lmao

I've survived tons of shitstorms

The very first time one was during the nu metal era.

Other fandoms HATED LP with passion, then MTM made them lost a big fan base, ATS polarized the fans, LT, THP and finally the biggest shitstorm was OML damn that one was huge to the point that even Chester confronted fans.

This situation of releasing 27 versions of the same song is completely nuts.

I dont see myself as complaining it's just my opinion. I love Mike and i still believe that he has the talent to create the best LP album or a fantastic solo album im a hardcore fan i freaking love Shinoda, 23 years of my life dedicated to this band dudeeee what the hell there's no hate in my heart for anything that they've done.

I'm sick of listening to every version of AO when, in fact, I am choosing to do so. I could just not listen and wait for the next original interesting track from Mike but instead am coming here to complain and critique the mere existence of these releases, even though he and his label are just following best marketing practices today

47 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Mike Shinoda, presented by Grey Daze

🔥💣🤣

53 minutes ago, Legend said:

I'm sick of listening to every version of AO when, in fact, I am choosing to do so. I could just not listen and wait for the next original interesting track from Mike but instead am coming here to complain and critique the mere existence of these releases, even though he and his label are just following best marketing practices today

I wonder who still listens to every version.

Best marketing practices? Oh yeah every version is blowing up.

It goes both ways, though. People can enjoy what they want and just ignore those who don't? I mean there are 9(!) new versions of AO out now, so go and have fun with them. You now have 1 single version, 5 live versions and 15 remixes of one song to go crazy to. But just spelling that out should emphasize why some people (myself included) just can't anymore. It's the same as with BTH (live) and BID all these years ago (as Mark pointed out).
Also, I find it funny that YouTube comments are now a thing to go by, apparently.

Again, "THE CRIMSON CHAPTER" is cool and I loved the live sessions (although 5 is enough to my liking) because both have interesting concepts behind them. But I'm not ovulating just because an artist I like drops ANYTHING "new".

Also also: Shoutout to JZLP: The nu metal hate from back in the days certainly connects us :D. I remember reading on pushmeaway what other artists thought about LP and there was so much bashing, it was hard for a 16 year old hardcore fan.

it's gone from him creating a song a day. to him using 1 song over an entire year and milking it as much as possible. We've seen both sides.

I prefer him being prolific and showing how quickly he can turn around a song and finish it/get it in a decent structure.

I'm not sure what the aim of milking Already Over is, it does feel like song abuse at this point.