Already Over / In My Head (Endel Gaming Soundscape)

martinez

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

It goes both ways, though. People can enjoy what they want and just ignore those who don't? I mean there are 9(!) new versions of AO out now, so go and have fun with them. You now have 1 single version, 5 live versions and 15 remixes of one song to go crazy to. But just spelling that out should emphasize why some people (myself included) just can't anymore. It's the same as with BTH (live) and BID all these years ago (as Mark pointed out).
Also, I find it funny that YouTube comments are now a thing to go by, apparently.

Again, "THE CRIMSON CHAPTER" is cool and I loved the live sessions (although 5 is enough to my liking) because both have interesting concepts behind them. But I'm not ovulating just because an artist I like drops ANYTHING "new".

Also also: Shoutout to JZLP: The nu metal hate from back in the days certainly connects us :D. I remember reading on pushmeaway what other artists thought about LP and there was so much bashing, it was hard for a 16 year old hardcore fan.

this! agreed

It's pretty obvious tha this release is not for us but for videogaming/marketing purposes and stuff like that. I couldn't care less about it, i heard it fast forwarding almost every track, it is what it is, it's there, will never listen to it again but I am not hating, waiting for the next project, hoping I'll enjoy it

I don't know what's the point of so many remixes/videogame scores/whatever of AO, but for sure he's becoming relevant again. 

I rather have this heated discussions about a track than see this forum become a nuclear wasteland like between 2021-2022, where we had ZERO activity from Mike and the band (yes, he produced a few tracks for indie artists, but you get the point).

I miss those shitstorms, they were funny and helped to keep the fanbase alive. 

LP might take one or two suggestions from hardcore fans, but it's not like our discussions affected the band's trajectory.

For me, keep releasing stuff Mike, whatever it is.

3 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

It's pretty obvious tha this release is not for us but for videogaming/marketing purposes and stuff like that. I couldn't care less about it, i heard it fast forwarding almost every track, it is what it is, it's there, will never listen to it again but I am not hating, waiting for the next project, hoping I'll enjoy it

Exactly, that has always been the point with LP. Don't you like their newest stuff? Wait 'till the next one, you might like it

We should do a poll:

Which has been your favorite shitstorm in the LP community?

4 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I don't know what's the point of so many remixes/videogame scores/whatever of AO, but for sure he's becoming relevant again. 

I rather have this heated discussions about a track than see this forum become a nuclear wasteland like between 2021-2022, where we had ZERO activity from Mike and the band (yes, he produced a few tracks for indie artists, but you get the point).

I miss those shitstorms, they were funny and helped to keep the fanbase alive. 

LP might take one or two suggestions from hardcore fans, but it's not like our discussions affected the band's trajectory.

For me, keep releasing stuff Mike, whatever it is.

Exactly, that has always been the point with LP. Don't you like their newest stuff? Wait 'till the next one, you might like it

We should do a poll:

In no particular order

-Heavy single release 

-OML album leak

-LPU8

-Early years LP were the BSB of the nu metal community 

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

In no particular order

-Heavy single release 

-OML album leak

-LPU8

-Early years LP were the BSB of the nu metal community 

The LPU8 pissed me off completely. I was 17 at the time and didn't got the joke, but it prepared me for better jokes like Recharged. 

30 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

The LPU8 pissed me off completely. I was 17 at the time and didn't got the joke, but it prepared me for better jokes like Recharged. 

You know what man

Complaining or whatever you wanna call it sometimes it's positive

Because of the LPU 8 shit storm they gave us an insane release next year.

Mike for sure knows that some fans are pissed off I wonder if he will actually do something about it.

12 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

You know what man

Complaining or whatever you wanna call it sometimes it's positive

Because of the LPU 8 shit storm they gave us an insane release next year.

Mike for sure knows that some fans are pissed off I wonder if he will actually do something about it.

That's right, sometimes fans feedback is positive, although I feel that, in other times, we feel a little bit entitled. The latest LPU CDs gave me the feeling that they were made as an contractual obligation, not because they really wanted to share something with us. The LPU Sixteen was barring the bottom of the barrel for me. A back to OG LPUs would have been nice, specially after the death of DSPs. But, you know, you can't just make all fans happy all the time. Being this Already Over campaign a great example. 

22 hours ago, Legend said:

I'm sick of listening to every version of AO when, in fact, I am choosing to do so. I could just not listen and wait for the next original interesting track from Mike but instead am coming here to complain and critique the mere existence of these releases, even though he and his label are just following best marketing practices today

Exactly. lol

16 hours ago, Trumtram said:

It's the same as with BTH (live) and BID all these years ago (as Mark pointed out).

Again, "THE CRIMSON CHAPTER" is cool and I loved the live sessions (although 5 is enough to my liking) because both have interesting concepts behind them. But I'm not ovulating just because an artist I like drops ANYTHING "new".

LP fans have complained nonstop. Only time I don't remember any complaining was 2003-2004 where it seemed like every single thing the band did was seen as a genius move by the fans. MTM onwards, it's been chaos. LPLive itself has caused a ton of backlash and drama over the years and we won't even try to deny it. The band going with the same setlists like 4-5 shows in a row in Europe 2010, I mean people were ready to flat out riot on social media and the forums. Ha.

15 hours ago, deanowardust said:

it's gone from him creating a song a day. to him using 1 song over an entire year and milking it as much as possible. We've seen both sides.

I prefer him being prolific and showing how quickly he can turn around a song and finish it/get it in a decent structure.

I'm not sure what the aim of milking Already Over is, it does feel like song abuse at this point.

The song was released in October. Like 3-4 months ago. Who says he isn't writing new music right now?

9 hours ago, bloodbath said:

We should do a poll:

There is only one answer, and one correct answer, and that answer is…

DangerSilent

Amazing how people think these versions are for LP fans. All he has done with the different releases of AO and session performances is try to get a broader audience to maybe justify a new CD or live tour. He isnt doing Ao ENdel Gaming for LP fans, he is doing it so players of the game can say dude catchy song who wrote that? and get a new fan.

Its not all about you guys, the sooner you realize, the better

1 hour ago, Cesar656 said:

Amazing how people think these versions are for LP fans. All he has done with the different releases of AO and session performances is try to get a broader audience to maybe justify a new CD or live tour. He isnt doing Ao ENdel Gaming for LP fans, he is doing it so players of the game can say dude catchy song who wrote that? and get a new fan.

Even when it's not about you, about you all of a sudden it's about you.

41 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

How many versions are there now? I can't keep up. hahaha

27 with all the live versions or 29 if you also include the unmastered version of acapella and intrumental because those two are available in two versions - unmastered and mastered.

EDIT: actually maybe this Endel versions we should classify as 3 songs because the first song is divided into 5 tracks the second and third both are divided into 4 tracks. It's the same like the Sleepy track was divided into 30 tracks but it's a still one song. So do we actually should count the Endel release as 13 tracks? Or just as a 3 tracks?

1 hour ago, martinez said:

27 with all the live versions or 29 if you also include the unmastered version of acapella and intrumental because those two are available in two versions - unmastered and mastered.

EDIT: actually maybe this Endel versions we should classify as 3 songs because the first song is divided into 5 tracks the second and third both are divided into 4 tracks. It's the same like the Sleepy track was divided into 30 tracks but it's a still one song. So do we actually should count the Endel release as 13 tracks? Or just as a 3 tracks?

It's not about us dividing it the way we think we should.
THEY (Mike/Warner/Management) divided it into all that many tracks. That's canon. As just as all LT songs being in ALL CAPS is canon too.

Edited by vinifeijo

7 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Depends if you want to count the steams, instrumentals, Acapella.. so around like 24

7 hours ago, martinez said:

That's ridiculous man, not saying it's unreasonable, but not saying it's reasonable either. The song was meh to begin with.

Mike chuckled at the idea Already Over (Theremin Soundscape), so I imagine there's no foreseeable hold to this hahaha

On 1/31/2024 at 4:27 AM, Cesar656 said:

Exactly, I'd rather just experience and comment on it for what it is instead of bemoaning its existence. new original music that is for us will likely come eventually, and we're so lucky that it's still coming at all imo