Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON

PeppePark

On 9/8/2023 at 12:00 AM, danielpsoad-09 said:

Just based on all the press the LP guys did during HT20 and M20, my gut feeling is that Mike, Dave and Joe are 100% on board on continuing with LP, Brad is cautiously optimistic about it and how to get rid of man boobs Rob may be the one who does not want to continue as LP. Anyway, good for Mike for continuing to do music but I honestly have no interest for any of his solo stuff.

You are right, the solo stuff is always not good of any of them.

Edited by LadyKristina

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Stranger said:

fans keep building the hype on their own. 

"tHe BaNd DiEd WhEn ChEsTeR dIeD"

"GeT oVeR iT, lP iS oVeR"

That, like 10 times already the past 24-48 hours. I get that attention span is an all time low and not having anything new by all 5 guys together since 2017 is a bummer but for the love of Boris, I cannot take seriously any adult who genuinely gets angry when they're told the band isn't going anywhere and they aren't gonna still release any brand new material for obvious reasons. The emotional attachment is still very strong in the fanbase but at times certain people act extremely odd to the point of treating Chester as a god and the rest of the band as non talented, it sucks and it's in very poor taste.

24 minutes ago, LadyKristina said:

You are right, the solo stuff is always not good of any of them.

What do you mean not good? DBS? FM? Scoring?

Those projects go from average success to HUGE success. Taste is subjective and I absolutely loved Dropped Frames, Mike making instrumental tracks is awesome, so I don't know what does that mean.

Does anybody remember this track? Starts the same way. It wasn't done on Twitch, it came out of nowhere. Maybe an early demo from this project? The new song, based on the snippet played by Mike, definitely has punk rock influences (more like pop punk), which explains the imagery we've been seeing for the last few days. If this turns out to be an album, I think we might hear other songs in this style.

17 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Does anybody remember this track? Starts the same way. It wasn't done on Twitch, it came out of nowhere. Maybe an early demo from this project? The new song, based on the snippet played by Mike, definitely has punk rock influences (more like pop punk), which explains the imagery we've been seeing for the last few days. If this turns out to be an album, I think we might hear other songs in this style.

Wow, nice catch! This is probably it. The snippet even has the high-pitched (harmonic?) guitar noise and the riff has elements, too. Could be the seed of the song.

21 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

This sounds so much better than the snippet. Phone recording of a clip played over a PA aside, this one sounds much more punk rock than punk pop. As much as I hate the “MaKe aNoThEr HyBrId tHeOrY” people, I’d love a more rock-sided pop album from Mike in the same way Hybrid Theory balances the pop/hip-hop electronics with rock.

4 hours ago, RentEznor said:

"tHe BaNd DiEd WhEn ChEsTeR dIeD"

"GeT oVeR iT, lP iS oVeR"

That, like 10 times already the past 24-48 hours. I get that attention span is an all time low and not having anything new by all 5 guys together since 2017 is a bummer but for the love of Boris, I cannot take seriously any adult who genuinely gets angry when they're told the band isn't going anywhere and they aren't gonna still release any brand new material for obvious reasons. The emotional attachment is still very strong in the fanbase but at times certain people act extremely odd to the point of treating Chester as a god and the rest of the band as non talented, it sucks and it's in very poor taste.

What do you mean not good? DBS? FM? Scoring?

Those projects go from average success to HUGE success. Taste is subjective and I absolutely loved Dropped Frames, Mike making instrumental tracks is awesome, so I don't know what does that mean.

I agree 100%

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

That was much more along the lines of what I was expecting based on the imagery he's been providing us. Something along the lines of that and like Death Grips or Ghostemane style beats. Trying not to judge the song before I hear the whole thing but so far, it's probably another in a long line of things that just haven't been to my taste. Good for him for doing what he wants though, it's not all gonna land for everyone. 

6 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

That was much more along the lines of what I was expecting based on the imagery he's been providing us. Something along the lines of that and like Death Grips or Ghostemane style beats. Trying not to judge the song before I hear the whole thing but so far, it's probably another in a long line of things that just haven't been to my taste. Good for him for doing what he wants though, it's not all gonna land for everyone. 

I would be gladly surprised if Mike did a song in the style of those artist. Again, too soon to say anything 

2 hours ago, martinez said:

Korean: To avoid risks such as suffocation, keep this bag away from children and infants and do not use it on beds or anything else. This bag is not a toy.

Japanese: Do not use in cars, beds or playpens - keep out of reach of infants and children to avoid choking hazard. This is not a toy

Arabic: Difference Build this bag away from babies and children. They should not be used in a baby's crib or playpen. This bag is not a toy

The cyrillic is not recognized properly by google lens but I guess it is something similar.

https://lens.google.com/search?ep=gsbubu&hl=en-DE&re=df&p=AbrfA8oKRwzaKXMcUsmEYyl_-jDanNBDXNFw3ul0dBnH3nqvYTtCm8eK1Ou4ROXQh3I0H_vHFpNDdkKLTmSHhkHVe9VQhnHU79Z51vMUBwTU_XKxQp-Eo6-lB8jJ0eJXjSKOtB1zA4ADR0UeOPSdGm1-kS23Qm3ST2A0zJsC8YLsCc-8lvQwaItPw0uvW-OXYtmOfvMyYOmKMy4TkfN0mWLx#lns=W251bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLG51bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLG51bGwsIkVrY0tKRGswTlRRM1lqQTVMV1ZpTWpRdE5EQmxaUzA0WW1SbExUZzFZVGs1WWpjNU5UWTJOQklmTkRsa2IxQnBkVjlHVURobGIwUk1aa3hPVEZCZlpVOXhZMUJJUVhCNFp3PT0iLG51bGwsbnVsbCxudWxsLDMsWyJhdXRvIiwiZW4iXSxbW10sbnVsbCxudWxsLG51bGwsOF1d

On 9/10/2023 at 5:01 AM, martinez said:

Thanks!

So it's a random text taken from somewhere translated and added to the graphic. Something similar was done with the japanese text which was added to the main FM cover.

The last text in Ukrainian - "normal delivery, normal price". Yes, most likely these are random text and have no meaning..

Edited by gast

On 9/13/2023 at 10:08 AM, martinez said:

Mike posted new video snippet of his new song: https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/1701989120812159122

If you are LPU member, you can download this video in HQ from discord.

so far I only joined LP discord,MS Discord,Buur,And Negative Zero discord groups,and so far,I haven't ran into any weird stuff so thank God for that one so yeah i'll try to find that

Edited by Rokaito
I forgot to add some extra words

I know this is certainly a divisive opinion for some people, but I've been loving Mike's solo stuff, and this seriously excites me. His 2018/19 tour was phenomenal. Post Traumatic is one of my favourite albums, and In My Head is a staple of almost every playlist. I'm very, very excited to see what comes of this. If there's any shot he hits Detroit on a possible tour, not a soul will stop me from going.

Idk if it's new or not but his Spotify banner is updated and so is one of his thumbnail playlists, tho idk if it's actually new or just the IMH branding

Edit: JK his banner is just the IMH branding. I wonder when the single will actually drop? Been quite a while of promo now 

Edited by YRQRM0

I'm not sure it's the best marketing move to tease a new era, release a snippet of an upcoming song, and then go in radio-silence mode for a while 🤔

I mean, we don't even have a release date yet. Though, that makes me quite happy I didn't listen to the teaser, as I'd probably grow bored of it at this point ^^'

Edited by Qwerty18

3 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

I'm not sure it's the best marketing move to tease a new era, release a snippet of an upcoming song, and then go in radio-silence mode for a while 🤔

I mean, we don't even have a release date yet. Though, that makes me quite happy I didn't listen to the teaser, as I'd probably grow bored of it at this point ^^'

he literally released the clip 6 days ago…