Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON

PeppePark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I'm very excited to see what Mike has in store for us. A little bummed though because this means any Linkin Park activity is once again not happening for a while.

at this point: i believe they decide to keep hiatus maybe a decade. it will be fkin epic comeback when they're back after 10 years. just like how some bands making comeback after long hiatus.

24 minutes ago, Stranger said:

at this point: i believe they decide to keep hiatus maybe a decade. it will be fkin epic comeback when they're back after 10 years. just like how some bands making comeback after long hiatus.

Are they going to want to make new music and tour in their 50's, though?

Mike, yes. Not sure about the other 4 guys, though.

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

Are they going to want to make new music and tour in their 50's, though?

Mike, yes. Not sure about the other 4 guys, though.

there's always a possibilities. there's tons of rock band out there still rocking out after 50s. Metallica, RHCP, Weezer and more. Age is not a barrier. It can be Mike will tour alone but possibilities of they're coming back for one last time is possible

17 hours ago, Trumtram said:

"New Era" sounds big. Could be anything from "just" a new Mike project as a solo artist right to the end of LP.

I don't think he would intentionally get people hyped and have the reveal be that Linkin Park is officially over lol. That would be a huge buzzkill no matter what else that announcement would entail.

IF that ever happens, I think the band would be straight forward and direct about it. I don't think Mike would package that announcement as part of an announcement for new MS solo music.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I don't think he would intentionally get people hyped and have the reveal be that Linkin Park is officially over lol. That would be a huge buzzkill no matter what else that announcement would entail.

IF that ever happens, I think the band would be straight forward and direct about it. I don't think Mike would package that announcement as part of an announcement for new MS solo music.

Makes zero sense yeah. This is definitely new MS solo music.

IF they will call quits they will put a message on their social media as they did when Chester passed or maybe a video message to thank the fans for the amazing journey.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

IF that ever happens, I think the band would be straight forward and direct about it.

Generally speaking, yes, I'm with you on that. But after these last 6 years I fail to see the band being direct about it when all we got until now are rather vague statements about the state of the band.

It's just that "new era" is a big statement in this whole context. My money is on a new MS cycle, too, though.

36 minutes ago, o863 said:

Mike did an interview in Australia today and he said the future of Linkin Park is not in the cards right now but he wants to keep celebrating anniversaries and other things with the fans and that he still is in touch with the other guys in the band. But he said the new hair and new logo is a new era for Mike Shinoda music and he is excited. He also mentioned the whole Collision Course process and talked about it so I hope this means we will get Collision Course 20 next year. 

Kinda frustrated about Linkin Park, but expected. Hope he tours again. Thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, Vinescence said:

Kinda frustrated about Linkin Park, but expected. Hope he tours again. Thanks for sharing

Linkin Park is NOT over. It's just stuck. Mike and phoenix repeated in the last years that the intention is to create some LP music someday. 

For the moment let's enjoy MS music

1 hour ago, o863 said:

Mike did an interview in Australia today and he said the future of Linkin Park is not in the cards right now but he wants to keep celebrating anniversaries and other things with the fans and that he still is in touch with the other guys in the band. But he said the new hair and new logo is a new era for Mike Shinoda music and he is excited. He also mentioned the whole Collision Course process and talked about it so I hope this means we will get Collision Course 20 next year. 

Is there a link anywhere?

4 hours ago, Vinescence said:

there's nothing to be frustrated honestly. fans keep building the hype on their own. 

3 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Is there a link anywhere?

i believe this is the inteview: 

Just based on all the press the LP guys did during HT20 and M20, my gut feeling is that Mike, Dave and Joe are 100% on board on continuing with LP, Brad is cautiously optimistic about it, and Rob may be the one who does not want to continue as LP. Anyway, good for Mike for continuing to do music but I honestly have no interest for any of his solo stuff.