Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON

PeppePark

Everyone, it's happening!

Mike Shinoda is starting to tease his new era, and a lot of things are going on, let's recap this!

A few days ago, he posted a bunch of random photos, including a pic of his hair and a weird image, that was later shared by Frank Maddocks, who also left a "🤔" emoji under Mike's post.

He later launched his Broadcast Channel on Instagram, that you can join by clicking here!

First message was:

"Let it begin...

Welcome and stay tuned.

-m"

Followed by "soon" and this clip, in which he shaves his head, and a new MS logo is revealed, along with a guitar sound:

And guess what? He already teased this same song back in July, on an Instagram Story!

Today, we also got this new pic, with the caption "New era"...

In addition, on September 5th, Mike will be speaking at BIGSOUND, a music conference in Brisbane, Australia.
For the occasion, on September 7th, LPU members will have the chance to attend an intimate fan Q+A in Sydney (submissions are now closed!).
Sounds like we could discover more at this event 👀

A new Mike Shinoda era is upon us.

Stay tuned for updates!

• PeppePark changed the title to Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

What about the BMI entries, I think I saw something about a couple of new entries with Celph Titled?

If you mean the screenshot that was posted on the chat - it was the entry for the Celph Titled song, which was released 7 years ago.

34 minutes ago, martinez said:

If you mean the screenshot that was posted on the chat - it was the entry for the Celph Titled song, which was released 7 years ago.

The entries were added just recently though (which you can infer from the ID they have) which was the weird part. But it seems like the whole discography of both Celph Titled and Apathy were added recently, so their listing only showing up now after years of the songs being released is probably due to an event on their side and has nothing to do with this. 

Edited by Coizu

I'm not really excited about Mike solo come back for sure I'll check out his music and if I have the chance I will go to his shows.

It's a bittersweet feeling because it seems like Mike is going all out (album, tour) and of course this will take over from now until like 2025/2026.

They should just announce that LP is gone im tired of waiting.

I would probably be way more excited if I knew that LP is gone.

7 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I'm not really excited about Mike solo come back for sure I'll check out his music and if I have the chance I will go to his shows.

It's a bittersweet feeling because it seems like Mike is going all out (album, tour) and of course this will take over from now until like 2025/2026.

I understand where your coming from,it makes sense

I'm curious what type of haircut that is

i'm sure it's gonna be a new album, tour dates coming and more. based on the teaser, it might be Mike's Gone Punk? or something heavier? the red color filter, weird haircut, sure it's gonna be fkin huge.

im expecting tons of features in the album, maybe Oli from BMTH, rappers and more.

I'm stoked for this man. hope we get something by next Friday!!

9 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

doesnt make any difference if LP is still here or they're gone for good. they still celebrating anniversaries for the past albums, selling merch and updating their socmed as usual. the only way is not hoping anything.

it will make a difference if you think that way. as for now, anything that related to LP should be celebrated.

Edited by Stranger

Guys calm down, don't forget that during the KROQ M20 interview Mike said that touring at the moment wasn't really possible, but that alot of other things regarding Linkin Park is starting to be possible again.

Seconds later in that interview he even mentions how careful he has to be with saying stuff like that to the fans because of their imagination, so he wouldn't say something like that if it wasn't a real possibility to begin with.

Is there real hope for a new album?

Maybe not in the direct future, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance the guys are just cooking up at least some songs together, may it be for release or only for them to jam to.

2 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Guys calm down, don't forget that during the KROQ M20 interview Mike said that touring at the moment wasn't really possible, but that alot of other things regarding Linkin Park is starting to be possible again.

Seconds later in that interview he even mentions how careful he has to be with saying stuff like that to the fans because of their imagination, so he wouldn't say something like that if it wasn't a real possibility to begin with.

Maybe not in the direct future, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance the guys are just cooking up at least some songs together, may it be for release or only for them to jam to.

I am confused by your comment. The context of the interview you mention was Linkin Park but what is happening now is very obvious something solo/non LP. I don't see the relation and I don't think anyone in this thread is expecting something LP-ish.

26 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I am confused by your comment. The context of the interview you mention was Linkin Park but what is happening now is very obvious something solo/non LP. I don't see the relation and I don't think anyone in this thread is expecting something LP-ish.

There's literally people above talking about LP being gone for good.

I'm just stating that Mike's thing doesn't mean that LP won't come back.

Edited by GreyFox-AFCA

15 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

You explained it perfectly. I have nothing to add to your words :)

Definitely would be up for a new album from Mike.

But trying to keep expectations low until anything is confirmed. For all I know, this could still be the promotion for a single song release (even though...the hair shaving would be a tiny bit over-the-top in that case 😛 )

5 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

I love the dark logo, hope the album is going to be darker like even trappy I.O.U. esque stuff or him singing something like the vocoder parts of that Fort Minor song 

Ohhhhh I love that esp his 2015 rendition of Cigarettes.