Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON

PeppePark

55 minutes ago, Wilderness said:

he literally released the clip 6 days ago… 

I know. But the same snippet was already circulating over the internet via the Australia Q&A (12 days ago), which was to be expected when filming the Q&A was authorized. And the shaving video thingy surfaced end of august (+- 20days ago).

To me, it feels like they're making this pre-promo drag for a bit too long, but hey, not a huge deal either - We'll get the song eventually. 

Edited by Qwerty18

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

I know. But the same snippet was already circulating over the internet via the Australia Q&A (12 days ago), which was to be expected when filming the Q&A was authorized. And the shaving video thingy surfaced end of august (+- 20days ago).

To me, it feels like they're making this pre-promo drag for a bit too long, but hey, not a huge deal either - We'll get the song eventually. 

that was played at a private event as a special treat to the attendees - no one was supposed to share it. Just gotta be patient, this is a perfectly normal wait process for many artists.

4 hours ago, Wilderness said:

that was played at a private event as a special treat to the attendees - no one was supposed to share it. Just gotta be patient, this is a perfectly normal wait process for many artists.

I'm pretty sure people were supposed to share it or else they wouldn't allow it to be filmed and we would have received take down requests. Believe me, they don't fuck around when they want stuff taken down.

• PeppePark changed the title to Mike Shinoda - New Era | "Already Over" out October 6, 2023

Idk what the lyrics are about but I can't help but interpret them as him trying to make an LP comeback work but having to accept that it's over, which is a big bummer

Anyways, excited for new Mike as always. I hope there's more tracks than just this single

• PeppePark changed the title to Mike Shinoda - New Era | SOON

I mean, I doubt Mike would simply drop one single about it being done and leave it there. Perhaps it's a topic the album (praying there is one) will cover, rather than just one single that'll just kinda sit there like Open Door, Happy Endings, and In My Head (All phenomenal songs, but they kinda just... dropped and then existed.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 1:33 AM, lp921x said:

Damn I thought he was gonna do an album at least. And maybe some concerts too. Only seen Mike Shinoda live once back in ‘06 in Times Square. 

Not tryin to be disrespectful to Linkin Park but how come if they don’t want to make music right now, why can’t Mike just do his own concerts and albums like he did before? Maybe he doesn’t want to I guess. But it would be cool 

Yeah, it's kind of just that case of it's not what he feels up to. Maybe he's gonna keep hyping until he's ready, it's a hard say with Mike in 2023.