Lost (PLZ Tethered Version) Single

martinez

New version of the digital single of Lost is coming this Friday! It comes with 2-tracks the remix version and the album version of Lost.

300x300.jpg

Tracklist:

01.Lost (PLZ Tethered Version) (3:22)

02.Lost (3:19)

Let us know in the comment below what you think about the new remix!

Source: Apple Music

11 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Any idea on who mixed it?

by the way the preview sounds good 

it's not a shitty remix

I like that you pointed this out for people like me who were saying “please don’t be another weird dance remix…”

it would be cool to get the instrumental and acapella. There’s precedent for LP to release a single like that, like they did with New Divide. I doubt that’ll happen, though.

5 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I like it. It's got a very cinematic vibe.

That was the feeling I got from it, too.

I'd say it's fine. I think it's a good sign that we've got a remix so soon - maybe there'll be more on the horizon.

People shit on remixes like the 100 gecs one for example, and I can understand why people don‘t like it, I don‘t casually listen to that one either, but it takes a different spin on the song and gives it a new identity which I think is the most interesting thing about a remix. 
I miss that a little bit in this remix. 
It sounds very cinematic though, like something you put in a trailer, which makes sense given the artist who did it, but it makes me wonder if they have more plans for it. 

There's a big trend of doing cinematic remixes of popular songs for movie trailers etc as people have mentioned (which incidentally I think is terrible and always sounds super lame, but I digress...)

It's possible this is for a trailer for something called 'Tethered'. Game, TV show, movie, etc.

Really clumsy edits in this like the way the vocal cuts off after the first 'I'm lost'. Just sounds like they threw the acapella on a soundtrack recording. They don't gel at all.

Pretty uninspired remix, yeah? I don’t agree with the decision to abruptly cut the first chorus and the treatment of the bridge.

Best part about it is how forward it pushes Chester’s vocals, but that’s about it. It just feels like a lazy outing overall. 

I can totally understand why the 100 gecs remix wasn’t for everyone (I’m come to enjoy them as artists in my own way lol), but at least it was in their style and they brought what they do to the table 100%. This just feels phoned in to me for what is the first remix of Lost, and I guess the Meteora era in general now (Collision Course not withstanding)?

It’s also a bummer comparing to other contemporaries like Deftones doing Black Stallion (that Mike won a Grammy for). I wonder who the driving force behind commissioning this was.

Edited by letdownagain

Description on YouTube video says only: "Remixed by Patrick Zappia" which probably means the remix wasn't made for any other particular project.

21 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

idk why there's another version of the new mix since there's no difference.

It's very common for the label to throw the album (the original) version of the song to those kind of releases, especially if the song is massive in terms of popularity. The same they did with Fighting Myself, which also has Lost. It's unnecessary to suspect every time when that happens that the song could be in a different version. If it was it would be mentioned in the song title.

41 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Talking about cinematic remixes...

I need the My December cinematic remix that was used in something related to video games.

Game Awards 2020 trailer, I believe. About a month or so after HT20 dropped. The awards are usually in December.