Lost (PLZ Tethered Version) Single

martinez

6 hours ago, letdownagain said:

Pretty uninspired remix, yeah? I don’t agree with the decision to abruptly cut the first chorus and the treatment of the bridge.

Best part about it is how forward it pushes Chester’s vocals, but that’s about it. It just feels like a lazy outing overall. 

I can totally understand why the 100 gecs remix wasn’t for everyone (I’m come to enjoy them as artists in my own way lol), but at least it was in their style and they brought what they do to the table 100%. This just feels phoned in to me for what is the first remix of Lost, and I guess the Meteora era in general now (Collision Course not withstanding)?

It’s also a bummer comparing to other contemporaries like Deftones doing Black Stallion (that Mike won a Grammy for). I wonder who the driving force behind commissioning this was.

My thoughts exactly. That first chorus cut felt like a mistake. There is nothing in this that is interesting at all. 100 Gecs was 100X more unique and interesting than this imo. 

I can imagine Mike thinking the 100 gecs remix was dope af, I can't imagine him being interested in this at all lol. I also wonder where this came from, I can only imagine it's for some trailer or something and someone said "might as well throw it on streaming" 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 1:21 AM, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Talking about cinematic remixes...

I need the My December cinematic remix that was used in something related to video games.

Pretty sure that was used in the game awards in december of 2020