Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

37 minutes ago, jopevc said:

If the tuesday message teases the announcement, I think they might put the instrumental of "Lost" as background music. Or, they might put a little teaser of the song

They totally should do that!

27 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

How does anyone know that Lost is Thoughts That Take Away My Pride? Is that even confirmed somewhere?

@martinezstated it was “confirmed to be” the track it in his leaks list as a side note.

If “Lost” actually is not TTTAMP, that will be mildly disappointing. Not on LP’s part of course, whatever song “Lost” is it’ll be awesome to hear! But it’d be the community not being honest. I trust martinez and everyone because people have always been honest in this community. And I only say this because we all have been hyped up and prepared for it to be TTTAMP for the past 2 weeks.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The fact this thread has 29,000+ views and 625 replies before it's even officially announced is really... surprising in this era of the band. The hype on this is massive. More so than the Hybrid Theory box set, maybe.

I’m gonna be honest, I’m more of a Meteora fan than a HT fan. Don’t get me wrong HT is an album I truly love, but Meteora just connects with me in a way I can’t explain.

8 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The fact this thread has 29,000+ views and 625 replies before it's even officially announced is really... surprising in this era of the band. The hype on this is massive. More so than the Hybrid Theory box set, maybe.

I think it's because most grew a bit more with Meteora than with Hybrid Theory, I guess lol

3 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I’m gonna be honest, I’m more of a Meteora fan than a HT fan. Don’t get me wrong HT is an album I truly love, but Meteora just connects with me in a way I can’t explain.

I love HT as an album it's my favorite by far but the Meteors era was my favorite I 

Was like 14 when Meteora was released and I loved every single thing that happened in those days.

34 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

I said that a couple of weeks ago, the hype for meteora 20th was higher than HT20.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

I feel like it has to do with how little we have from the Meteora era in terms of vocals vs what we already had from HT era. For hardcore fans anyway. Casual fans seem to like Meteora even more. I would say I love them both the same, some days one more than the other. Meteora is def more “beefier” imo. But the hype has me excited for sure! Such a great feeling seeing and being apart of it 

Meteora was the first album I heard from LP (first in general, actually). And, as much I like HT, Meteora is my favorite album by the band and also has a lot more of content to be released than HT (I mean, a lot of internal CDs from HT sessions had leaked over the years, so we received "only" 5 brand new/unreleased demos in HT20: Dialate; Esaul w/ Mark; Pictureboard; Could Have Been and Stick N Move w/ Chester.) Of course the other tracks now are in Spotify and Apple Music, and we received an big improvement in She Couldn't quality, but we'll receive at least 14 new tracks (demos included) for Meteora 20! I can't wait for it!

I have a bigger connection with meteora just because, when it was released, I was 2 years old and somehow I remember listening "Somewhere I Belong" on the radio

25 minutes ago, jopevc said:

I have a bigger connection with meteora just because, when it was released, I was 2 years old and somehow I remember listening "Somewhere I Belong" on the radio

I was like 8 when HT came out, so young but when I heard In The End on the radio after HT was already out and I was instantly hooked! I have always loved music at a young age so when Meteora was about to come out I was 11. I remember hearing SIB on the radio and was so excited for the album to come out. It was the first release by LP I really got to experience so that’s why it’s special to me. I remember going to the library any chance I got to use the computer and go to LP’s website and LPU and then later on I was a guest creepin on LPA and LPL for so long before making an account lol but man I’ve literally been a die hard fan since like 10 years old and here I am going to be 31 this year. It’s crazy 

Edited by DylHDZ

5 minutes ago, Justin said:

I wonder if the band/label will be surprised if M20 outsells HT20.

Would that bode well for continued 20th anniversary boxsets? I really want an ATS boxset in 7 years lol

2 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Iirc Mike did say about having interest in ATS20, so let's hope for that

I’m pretty sure they would have to do MTM 20 before going on to do ATS 20.

Edited by NJPLP

Just wondering, but if “Pictureboard” was the holy grail for Hybrid Theory, and “Lost” was the holy grail for Meteora, then what would be the holy grail for Minutes To Midnight?

Edited by NJPLP

4 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Just wondering, but if “Pictureboard” was the holy grail for Hybrid Theory, and “Lost” was the holy grail for Meteora, then what’s the holy grail for Minutes To Midnight?

Maybe No Roads Left with Chester on vocals. Many fans want to hear it. I personaly want Grecian and some heavy demos like 21 Stitches or Fire In The City and more heavy unknown demos.

Edited by Hybrider

19 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Just wondering, but if “Pictureboard” was the holy grail for Hybrid Theory, and “Lost” was the holy grail for Meteora, then what would be the holy grail for Minutes To Midnight?

The 17th MtM song (Mike said in a Q&A he doesn't know if the band released it (it could be The Last Line/Ammosick, for example), but he thinks that song remains unreleased.

3 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

today was Numb (28)

tomorrow is gonna be From The Inside (29)

monday will be Breaking the Habit (30)

tuesday might be a “tomorrow” message. (31)

wednesday is the day of the Box Set trailer, and release of “Lost”. (1)

Why to repeat?

9 minutes ago, kiq fLP said:

The 17th MtM song (Mike said in a Q&A he doesn't know if the band released it (it could be The Last Line/Ammosick, for example), but he thinks that song remains unreleased.

I'm a believer that the 17th its already out What We Dont Know and specially Pretend To Be sound like finished songs.

9 hours ago, EnhanX said:

It seems like we will get Lost on February 1. 

28 - Numb

29 - From the Inside

30 - Breaking the Habit

31 - cooldown (?) or completion of the puzzle

Yes, Lost will be released on February 1 (Wednesday) at 11pm. 

But something tells me that the the countdown website (Meteora|20) will be available on January 31 at 11pm.

Note: the countdown is different, depending on the timezone you're living in.

Edited by AJ93

55 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I'm not sure if MtM really has an equivalent considering how many songs that were finalized or nearly finalized have already been released. We know 17 songs were considered for MtM, leaving 5 cut from the album, but it's either possible we've heard all of them OR there's 1 left unreleased. No Roads Left, Blackbirds, Across the Line, What We Don't Know, are 4 of 5. The fifth could be Pretend to Be, Chance of Rain, Not Alone, or Ammosick/The Last Line. 

Grecian was never finished, and they stopped working on it in favor of QWERTY. Fire in the City got scrapped and some of it was reused to create Given Up. That leaves Chester's version of No Roads Left as one of the only unreleased songs with vocals left that we know of for a potential MtM20.