• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, hahninator said:

LP is streaming the exact DVD. 

Yes FULL Concert in Las Vegas.

what brings a lot of confusion mainly around this PR show, is that
there is this doubt whether it is a "Mix between San Diego and Las Vegas" or just a Las Vegas full.

I always believed and I still believe that it is just Las Vegas Show.

I didn’t see the official website saying it would be a mix of shows.

I’m excited to be here soon to check it out. lol

The reason is because LP just didn't type the right thing on the website. It's a mix between San Diego and Las Vegas that is on the DVD and a mix between San Diego and Las Vegas that is airing on Friday. Neither show is full 100%.

But it is a full PR02 show in the sense that every song is on there.

2 hours ago, hahninator said:

The reason is because LP just didn't type the right thing on the website. It's a mix between San Diego and Las Vegas that is on the DVD and a mix between San Diego and Las Vegas that is airing on Friday. Neither show is full 100%.

But it is a full PR02 show in the sense that every song is on there.

I’m anticipating them editing some things out, like the chaos on Runaway in SD, and Chester getting booed in LV after thanking security lol.

19 minutes ago, Astat said:

Live Q&A's online are a terrible idea lol. Look at what a shitshow Mike's livestream chat turned into, that's why he mostly stopped taking questions.

Remember Paparoach anniversary stream? I expected something like this (with answers on questions they asked for earlier - which i had no idea about too) This could be done easily, also talking about weak internet? Really? A multi-million band with such label and no internet connection to host such event? I call this bullshit.

19 minutes ago, Astat said:

Live Q&A's online are a terrible idea lol. Look at what a shitshow Mike's livestream chat turned into, that's why he mostly stopped taking questions.

I was about to say lol. Funny how you think they were going to do a live Q&A when:

a) Mike did them for months before STOPPING them bc people asked so many insensitive/stupid questions

b) Even during the pandemic we managed to get FOUR of em together, the task of getting them together for a Q&A in one place at one time I’m sure takes a lot scheduling. They didn’t HAVE to do this, especially since the DVD pretty much comes out the same day.

though i have to say “soy cuck move” is a new favorite line

1 minute ago, RogueSoul said:

I was about to say lol. Funny how you think they were going to do a live Q&A when:

a) Mike did them for months before STOPPING them bc people asked so many insensitive/stupid questions

b) Even during the pandemic we managed to get FOUR of em together, the task of getting them together for a Q&A in one place at one time I’m sure takes a lot scheduling. They didn’t HAVE to do this, especially since the DVD pretty much comes out the same day.

though i have to say “soy cuck move” is a new favorite line

a) Not every fan watches Mike's streams. Also Mike isn't the band. People want to see the band live, even for something simple as q&a

b) Again, they're doing nothing at this time (touring? new album?) and believe me, I laughed hard when i read "getting the band together takes a lot of scheduling" You serious? Don't get me wrong but this is really funny to say about millionaires that can't afford (time and decent internet) to host a LIVE event.

Also "they didn't have to do this" do what? Record a video and stream a show which is on the dvd while MAKING money out of it? Of course they didn't but this is easy money XD

On 10/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, letdownagain said:

I’m slightly inclined to agree with you, but there’s some things I question. One would be that it looks like your using NTSC aspect ratio, whereas the master source being from a German station is probably PAL.

On top is that the HD rebroadcast that exists at 720, which means that the station either has a higher quality source to work from, or already upscaled from their master. 

The modern Doctor Who releases (up to Series 5) come to mind. The source is PAL 720x576. While the Blu-Ray upscales to 1080, the US DVD release has to downscale to 720x480. 

I think they most likely upscaled it from their master, in which case they would be better off letting players do the upscaling (for broadcasting probably it makes more sense to stream in the intended displaying resolution). It would be crazy for them to record a yearly festival that runs for 2 days on film, sounds crazy expensive considering not many concerts from RaR get proper releases.

Sounds like it'll be a long while before they do that, which makes sense. There are some people who have now paid for the DVD and also paid to see the live stream. Uploading the show to YouTube immediately would be kind of a slap in the face to those people.