Mike Shinoda's New Album - "Dropped Frames, Vol. 1"

Stranger

Spin exclusively shared the latest news regarding Mike Shinoda's new solo album, "Dropped Frames, Vol.1" set to be release July 10th, 2020!

“Dropped Frames is just as much about the live channel as it is about the ‘album’,” Shinoda says. “The collection of songs is a highlight reel of the tracks I make on the channel, but a big part of the experience is the stream itself. When I start, I usually have very little idea of where it will go. What comes out is a product of the viewers’ suggestions, my spur-of-the-moment ideas, and whatever inexplicable magic is floating in between.”

100000x100000-999.jpg

DroppedFramesBackv1BACK.png

The tracklist for Dropped Frames, Vol. 1 is as follows:

Open Door
Super Galaxtica
Duckbot
Cupcake Cake
El Rey Demonio
Doodle Buzz
Channeling Pt. 1 (feat. Dan Mayo)
Osiris
Babble Bobble
Session McSessionface
Neon Crickets
Booty Down

Check out more on Spin.

Edited by Stranger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

The 3 singles song is on youtube but private it seems

Yeah they were available in the beginning.

I really liked the demo but I am not a huge fan of how Open Door came out. It is just too much going on with all these vocal tracks. Doesn't feel like there was a vision of how the thing is supposed to sound in the end and it got messy. Maybe I have to listen to it a couple of times to get used to it and my opinion will change.

4 minutes ago, graveguard said:

Yeah they were available in the beginning.

I really liked the demo but I am not a huge fan of how Open Door came out. It is just too much going on with all these vocal tracks. Doesn't feel like there was a vision of how the thing is supposed to sound in the end and it got messy. Maybe I have to listen to it a couple of times to get used to it and my opinion will change.

So, you listen the song..😠😂 

The three song are listenable maybe aftet the livestream of Mike?

1 hour ago, graveguard said:

I would love to see the faces of people who think this is a proper album once they hit the final song, which is an absolute masterpiece: Booty Down. 

Yes this is what i mean 😂😂😂😂😂 

Its already on Apple Music, but you can only listen to the three songs that leaked on Friday. 

29 minutes ago, martinez said:

The screaming in the final version of Open Door is really unnecessary.

i can barely hear it. Is it towards the end? 

Open Door sounds really nice. I think the scream is fun. I didn't think it would drop today, nice surprise! 

Also, I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but it would be really cool if Mike added some surprise vocals to a couple of the demos. Surely he's got more than enough rap verses laying around that might fit! 

9 hours ago, sordomuda said:

Its already on Apple Music, but you can only listen to the three songs that leaked on Friday. 

i can barely hear it. Is it towards the end? 

Yes.

Cupcake Cake    
El Rey Demonio    
Doodle Buzz    
Babble Bobble    
Session McSessionface    
Neon Crickets   

Does anyone know which live stream will be for each of those songs?

1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Open Door is ok, I really don’t like the random guy that pops up in the small bridge singing lol. It’s a bit too repetitive but ok. I’ll probably check out the instrumental tracks when the album drops 

I thought that was the best part. A nice bit of color and feels like a vocal type that I haven't really heard Mike work with before.

1 hour ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Shinoda latest memorable track was Over Again

Most of his collaborations are shit, Open Door is forgettable.

PT replay value is awful, One More Trend was horrible. 

Mike needs to stop messing around and go back to produce the next LP album make it epic as fuck dude. 

The predictability with which you bring up OML in completely irrelevant situations is currently my favorite thing about this website. 😂

23 minutes ago, Astat said:

The predictability with which you bring up OML in completely irrelevant situations is currently my favorite thing about this website. 😂

Even tho I agree on some of the things he said, hmmm this is definitely not the way I’d have expressed them. And I fucking love OML 

2 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Shinoda latest memorable track was Over Again

Most of his collaborations are shit, Open Door is forgettable.

PT replay value is awful, One More Trend was horrible. 

Mike needs to stop messing around and go back to produce the next LP album make it epic as fuck dude. 

While the majority people in here or LP fans totally opposite with your opinions. Especially when it comes to Amends. 

16 minutes ago, Stranger said:

While the majority people in here or LP fans totally opposite with your opinions. Especially when it comes to Amends. 

Amends has a God-like status to my eyes and ears right now, but I don’t need to attack Mike’s work to enjoy it, and I admit I did it a couple of times but that was the wrong way to defend it ☺️

2 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Amends has a God-like status to my eyes and ears right now, but I don’t need to attack Mike’s work to enjoy it, and I admit I did it a couple of times but that was the wrong way to defend it ☺️

that's good for you to think Amends it's God-like status while i'm thinking it's not. it's just my opinion. if you can have your voice, so do i. :) btw, you do attack Mike's work previously (Disney songs) but i'll pretend you didnt said it. 

btw, for Dropped Frames, i'm so fkin excited. Hopefully there's a demand for the album to be release in physical like CD, Vinyl, Artbooks. 10th July just next week. for now, enjoying those 3 tracks, repeated heavily.

Edited by Stranger