Mike Shinoda's New Album - "Dropped Frames, Vol. 1"

Stranger

13 minutes ago, Stranger said:

that's good for you to think Amends it's God-like status while i'm thinking it's not. it's just my opinion. if you can have your voice, so do i. :) btw, you do attack Mike's work previously (Disney songs) but i'll pretend you didnt said it. 

btw, for Dropped Frames, i'm so fkin excited. Hopefully there's a demand for the album to be release in physical like CD, Vinyl, Artbooks. 10th July just next week. for now, enjoying those 3 tracks, repeated heavily.

Yeah I know I attacked Mike’s music but was a sort of reaction (the worst one possible, I admit it) to all the hate Amends got☺️ Glad to see the excitement around the new Mike instrumental album. 
Anyway, I still think that some of Mike’s material is quite cringy and has little to zero replay valute to me (songs I already mentioned, you know), but I’ll try to be less aggressive in expressing my thoughts on it ☺️

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

i saw a tweet on twitter suggesting that which song is taken from which stream (date, title). that will be great. 

Example: "Osiris" (created on Bollywood theme session)

Yeah, great idea. Already starting to do this for the ones we know. A few aren't identified yet but we can find out when the album is released. http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Doodle_Buzz

Ugh I’m glad I’m barely following anything on lplive since the community is so toxic. 

anyways I don’t think there’s a need to judge anything of this so seriously since it’s just a fun and spontaneous project during corona time and open door is also a song about collaboration and creating memories with fans in my opinion. Sometimes you can just let people have their fun. 

Edited by PizzaPino

48 minutes ago, PizzaPino said:

Ugh I’m glad I’m barely following anything on lplive since the community is so toxic. 

Will work on cleaning this up. Already told people to stay on topic in the thread.

21 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Gosh, OD sounds fresh with the added fan vocals, liked the rough early version but the final product feels alive.

And yeah, please ignore the obvious Geki clones.

it's great that we have 2 version of "Open Door". the demo and of course the official release. can't stop repeating it.

hahaha. clones. totally dude.

When we were listening to the lyrics to send to LPHQ to update the Open Door video on YouTube.... we noticed there are so many layers of vocals buried on the track. Check the bridge which seems like just an instrumental but there are a lot of layered vocals there. Pretty good job by Mike.

4 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

OD chorus gets old pretty fast IMO, I played the song like 10 times and it already got a little boring, but the verses are alright. The 2 instrumentals are fun 

I have to agree

9 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Mike has an stable quality he rarely crates bad songs but also he rarely creates A+ songs, i guess that he's shelving the best stuff that he has for the next LP release. 

I have never thought like this but this is kinda true. 

Look at LP’s top 20 songs. I wouldn’t call it rare. What’s the % of their great songs vs not great songs? Surely it’s still a good percentage even with THP and OML existing. The first 4 albums have literally almost no bad songs, less than 5 total combined. And that + New Divide are going to more than make up for later album duds. Just my take on it.

Unless you were talking about Mike solo. Then you’re right I guess but FM had some bangers. 

I agree that he’s saving his best stuff + his recent songs with vocals for the LP demos they’re doing.  

43 minutes ago, hahninator said:

Look at LP’s top 20 songs. I wouldn’t call it rare. What’s the % of their great songs vs not great songs? Surely it’s still a good percentage even with THP and OML existing. The first 4 albums have literally almost no bad songs, less than 5 total combined. And that + New Divide are going to more than make up for later album duds. Just my take on it.

Unless you were talking about Mike solo. Then you’re right I guess but FM had some bangers. 

I agree that he’s saving his best stuff + his recent songs with vocals for the LP demos they’re doing.  

I'm talking about his solo albums/collaborations

To me his only EPIC song is Over Again

The rest are good & decent 

The Corona Jams fall in another category for me. 

Edited by JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan

46 minutes ago, hahninator said:

I don't know, even there I'd still say it's mostly great songs. I'd argue most of his bad/mediocre solo music came from TRT. PT had maybe 3 songs I wouldn't consider great/A+: About You, CAL, and Lift Off. Plus Fine absolutely bangs. Yeah none of the stuff he's throwing together on stream has been A+, but he's making these tracks in less than 3 hours. I'd be SHOCKED if they were lol

Oh man I feel like the only one here who absolutely loves Lift Off. big fan of chill hip hop and this is Mike at his chillest. Add in Chino (I’m a big Deftones fan) and you have a recipe for success. Not big on MGK but I don’t find his verse to be too distracting from the song. Yeah, I would’ve preferred a second Mike verse but it’s not a deal breaker. I would really love for him to experiment with this sound more and just release an album of super chill jams. Osiris is additional proof that he is definitely capable of it. 

sorry totally went off topic here. 

2 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

None of his solo songs are A+let's be honest. 

There are no songs in the level of Papercut, Iridescent, Waiting For The End, Catalyst etc. 

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore, World's On Fire, Hold It Together, Can't Hear You Now, and Promises I Can't Keep are among my favorite things associated with LP. I'd take any of those over a ton of big "fan favorite LP tracks" any day of the week. RFMS, WAIF, PTS, Over Again etc. are all great too. Throw in shit like Kenji, Slip Out The Back, and The Hard Way from FM... Easily all A+ songs IMO

To me both FM and MS solo stuff Fall pretty flat. As I said, I don’ t even remember many of the songs on TRT cause I never really cared, on PT I was on board when it came out, but it hasn’t got high replay value. The only songs I consider BAD are PYW and Ghosts, some others like CAL or MUAIG are pretty meh to me. Promises and OA are really good. 
Oh his rapping on IOU and About You is siiiick 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92