Mike Shinoda - "Open Door" Announcement/Release

LPLStaff

Mike posted a new teaser on his social media accounts today, saying that he will be making an announcement related to "Open Door" on Tuesday, June 30th at 9am PST, via his Twitch account.

"Head over to Twitch tomorrow at 9am PST for a special announcement /// twitch.tv/officialmikeshinoda"

In the teaser, the seven winners of the "Open Door" contest (#SingOpenDoor) to sing the track with Mike are identified in a clip of a video call Mike did with them. The winners are Debbie Darroch, Pershard Owens, Sage Douglas, V. Pitak, Joar Westerlund, Ai Mori, and Jessy Boray. Fans might recognize the name Air Mori for the huge views she racked up on her "Open Door" submission, but also as the fan who leaked the release date and number of contest winners for the song last week.

Stay tuned for Mike's announcement on the song's release date!

17 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

but also as the fan who leaked the release date and number of contest winners for the song last week

Damn, that was a good addition to the post lol.

I wish it was a Mike only song, i like the collabs on Post Traumatic but this don't do it for me, but i'm sure all the people involved are very talented 

Edited by Diaux

Tbh i dont care about all these collabs, i would be ok if it was just his solo song but ok that is what he wanted. On the other hand its cool he is helping other less-known talented artists. I dont get the hype about that russian girl, she is not that great imo. 

Wait he actually picked Ai Mori? That surprises me. Not that she's bad, but I figured Mike would be pretty turned off by someone trying to scream on the track, especially in the way she did it. IMO it's very gimmicky and just comes off as "look I can also scream". 

1 hour ago, sordomuda said:

Fortunately Mike didnt let her scream in the song 🤡🤡🤡

Yeah I was relieved haha. 

Honestly it's a strange thing to listen to knowing that the people on this track are fans, but honestly this is the kinda stuff I wanna hear Mike do regarding guests. He's an amazing writer/producer and his voice can only do so much. Collaborating with a variety of voices like these can only be good imo, even with regards to an LP album if we ever get there. 

3 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

That ai mori cover sounds really like she’s Somekind of edgelord, so no This is not for me.

hope he releases the song sometime without the collabs.

He already did that lol. If you mean fully mixed and mastered, just with no collabs, I doubt he will.

I’m happy for the winners, and I know this is all in the name of fun, but the choruses give me a Kidz Bop vibe.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

He already did that lol. If you mean fully mixed and mastered, just with no collabs, I doubt he will.

There are other differences between the demo and the final version besides the collabs and the mixing/mastering.

This is... alright. Not a huge fan of all the voices on the track but I'm sure for Mike it's a cool experience to be able to share and actually work on this song with some fans in a special way.

The second verse goes fuckin hard but other than that I don't see myself really coming back to this one. Can totally see that verse coming up on like a POA intro/SFN bridge verse.