2019.09.06 - Manilla, Philippines

RogueSoul

The Post Traumatic Tour is almost over, but not without a couple more shows! The last headlining show of the tour is taking place today, September 6, at the New Frontier Theater in ManilaPhilippines.

Mike's last show in Jakarta was nothing short of huge. With a whopping SIX tour debuts ('In Stereo,' 'Hold It Together,' 'Iridescent,' 'Lift Off,' 'Heavy,' and 'It's Goin' Down'), Mike proved that he has a lot up his sleeve left for the rest of the tour. On top of all the tour debuts, many set staples continued to rock the house: 'Castle Of Glass,' 'When They Come For Me,' 'Watching As I Fall,' and 'A Place For My Head' with Don Broco all returned for another show. 'Lift Off' featured verse one of 'Step Up' for the first time, making it the first time since London, England earlier this year that 'Step Up' has appeared in a set (being performed over the bridge of 'Sorry For Now'). 'Iridescent' also made a very rare appearance, being only the third time this year that it was played! There are surely a lot of surprises yet to be seen for this last headlining show, so let's see what happens!

Watch a rare performance of 'Iridescent' from Mike's set in Jakarta, Indonesia on September 4, 2019.

It's been awhile since Mike was last in the Philippines. The last time was in 2013, on the final leg of the Living Things World TourLinkin Park played a show in Pasay, bringing an epic set featuring a HUGE opening of 'A Place For My Head,' 'Papercut,' and 'Given Up.' This show was the first to feature 'Lying From You' in its full, original form in an encore. Typhoon Haiyan devastated the country a few months after the band performed there, leading to the guest-filled MFR Concert For The Philippines at the start of 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Linkin Park's first show in the Philippines was in 2004, on the Meteora World Tour. The set featured plenty of Meteora classics, such as 'From The Inside,' 'Don't Stay,' plus many Meteora-era live staples, such as the band's cover of Nine Inch Nails' 'Wish' and the 2004 Hip-Hop Medley featuring 'Step Up,' 'Nobody's Listening,' and 'It's Goin' Down' (funny enough, part of all three of those songs have been played on this short Asia Tour!). 

Watch this special fan-made compilation of Linkin Park's show in Pasay, Philippines in 2013.

What can we expect from the set? Who knows! It's the final headlining show of the final leg of the Post Traumatic Tour (according to Mike). So, things could get crazy. It's unlikely we'll see a full live debut (though 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore,' 'Brooding,' 'Promises I Can't Keep,' and 'Can't Hear You Now' haven't been performed yet...) but the tour debuts could be aplenty. We've yet to see plenty of Post Traumatic Tour staples, like 'Kenji,' 'Cigarettes,' 'Invisible,' 'Nobody Can Save Me,' and 'Prove Me Wrong.' Those are only a few examples - Mike has plenty more songs to pull from! Anything's fair game for this last show (since we can expect the festival performance in Japan to be relatively safe), so: bring it on, Shinoda.

Who's going to the show? After this one, Mike has one final show to play on the Post Traumatic Tour in Nagoya, Japan at the Wired Music Festival on September 8. The animated music video for 'World's On Fire' was just released, so be sure to check it out! 

Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest news on Mike and Linkin Park.

Check out the rest of Mike's 2019 touring schedule here.

None of that stuff is the same as the Xero tape. If he did HTEP, Reanimation, Collision Course and RECHARGED, it would fall into space with those. Stuff like the HT promo CD"s and LPU CD's, etc. don't count in that way. That's why I said that. He could have done a verse from RME or even something more rare like Fuse or Stick N Move. I was just saying.

Imagine Hahn joined the stage as well at the end of the set and played Joe Solo Medley with a new twist. Damn, that's gonna be awesome. Imagine Hahn, Shinoda and Bourdon doing instrumental solos in the middle of LP set (such as Session, CFTI, Lockjaw or Drawbar). 

Edited by RYG4R

25 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Imagine Hahn joined the stage as well at the end of the set and played Joe Solo Medley with a new twist. Damn, that's gonna be awesome. Imagine Hahn, Shinoda and Bourdon doing instrumental solos in the middle of LP set (such as Session, CFTI, Lockjaw or Drawbar). 

That actually would have been epic. When LP returns they can easily play stuff like that and hardcore fans would love it. If anything the PT tour has shown how awesome a set from LP with Mike as frontman would be, with all the LP mash ups and songs Mike has done over the last few years. Throw in new songs written with Mike as lead and the endless other old songs they could do and there you go. 

Edited by Garret

19 hours ago, Garret said:

That actually would have been epic. When LP returns they can easily play stuff like that and hardcore fans would love it. If anything the PT tour has shown how awesome a set from LP with Mike as frontman would be, with all the LP mash ups and songs Mike has done over the last few years. Throw in new songs written with Mike as lead and the endless other old songs they could do and there you go. 

Couldn't agree more. Best post I've seen in a while. Really looking forward to it.