LP To Play Okinawa, Japan 8/11/09!

LPxDC

Linkin Park will be playing at Chatan Athletic Field in Okinawa, Japan on August 11. LPU members will receive 500 Yen off their ticket price from now until May 15. Tickets go on sale to the public on May 16 HERE or by calling 098-932-4480.

Source here.

The date fits nicely between the Osaka Summer Sonic show on the 9th and the Taipei Summer Rock show on the 13th. We've added the date to the 2009 page as:

11.08.2009 Okinawa, Japan, Chatan Athletic Field, Asian Tour

Tight, seems they are still adding new dates! Thoughts?

nice news

i think lp will do it like they did in 04, first some nice europe dates, then asia

i like it :)

And for last, a Brazil show! yeh, they should do like 2004 :P

Fans in Japan is really lucky.

They go to Japan so frequently.

because they will win more money :P

I do not think they will be in the USA this summer. The LPU email I got recently said:

"Linkin Park will be touring in Europe and Asia this summer. LP Underground members have chances for meet & greets with members and LPU members in Taiwan will receive 10% off their ticket price for the show on August 13. Join today to take advantage of these and other member-only benefits! "

Surely it'd say "Stay tuned for more tour announcements in the coming weeks / months" or something if they were planning a USA tour. We'll see what happens. Julien-K and Dead By Sunrise are supposed to hit the road in the USA right after the LP dates. Maybe we'll see a big ass LP USA arena tour this winter.

I do not think they will be in the USA this summer. The LPU email I got recently said:

"Linkin Park will be touring in Europe and Asia this summer. LP Underground members have chances for meet & greets with members and LPU members in Taiwan will receive 10% off their ticket price for the show on August 13. Join today to take advantage of these and other member-only benefits! "

Surely it'd say "Stay tuned for more tour announcements in the coming weeks / months" or something if they were planning a USA tour. We'll see what happens. Julien-K and Dead By Sunrise are supposed to hit the road in the USA right after the LP dates. Maybe we'll see a big ass LP USA arena tour this winter.

I'd rather a winter arena tour. I'm so sick of projekt when the only band I care about is lp and it's 120 degrees outside.

They're actually playing at Mihama Athletic Field, not Chatan. This was just confirmed and I changed the info on linkinpark.com.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mihama+athl...lient=firefox-a

The only results for that are LP-related. I can't find a single venue-related article for Mihama Athletic Field. Chatan turns up many results.

http://wiki.worldflicks.org/chatan_athleti...66945)&z=18

http://www.google.com/search?q=chatan+athl...hs=sft&sa=2

etc etc. Can you provide info on the Mihama venue?

LP in Europe and Asia, PLEASE COME TO AUSTRALIA!

LP sold out in most Aus shows in 07 so why cant they come down more then there in Asia!

WE MISS U

Lol.

Anyway, great news, hopefully we will get some more dates soon.