'New Divide' Cinematic Cover (from Alita: Battle Angel)

Stranger

A beautiful rendition of "New Divide" was featured in the trailer for upcoming movie, "Alita: Battle Angel", from visionary filmmakers James Cameron (AVATAR) and Robert Rodriguez (SIN CITY).

After few hours searching for the singer, finally found it. It was covered by J2producer, featuring Avery (the singer). There's actually two versions: the main version (which you can listen to below) and a stripped version (which has different mix with less emphasis on the cinematics).

Pretty awesome cover! I'll be honest I thought it'd be a lot better after hearing it in the trailer but this still sounds pretty dope when it gets going.

Pretty much anything is going to come up short in comparison to Chester. :(

IMO the piano was the best part of this.

Edited by ipkpjersi

Why you are still accepted as, or even permitted to be, part of this community confounds and enrages me.

Ban me. I'm not accepted in the community, never have been. I'm on my own in those regards. Not a fan of covers, especially female singers (I hate female vocalists, not sexist, just don't like them). Hate how since Chester died everybody is suddenly this huge fan and you see all this type of stuff with movies and shit now. I mean it does sound bad, not gonna lie. Nobody is Chester and nobody ever will be. Oli Sykes said the other day that nobody sounded like Chester and nobody ever will again. I agree 100%. Even Mike. I couldn't give a fuck less if Chester didn't write a song, he sang on it, he performed it, it's his song. If it's an original piece and he sang on it, it's his shit. Like I don't care at all if Mike wrote One More Light. Chester made that song what it is. Chester sang that song. It's his song. Sorry not sorry. I was bummed at Mike's show in NYC when more than half of the set wasn't even his own music. I expected his new album mostly with a few FM songs. Maybe 1 LP song but definitely a LP song that he sang on, not Chester.

Geki, you have to be the biggest tool in the world. I honestly cant understand why you still have posting privileges on here because you really are a piece of work. And no I dont mean that in a good way.

I mean on LPA you get banned just for not liking ATS. But yeah. I get what you mean. Don't care about your opinion, though. Never had a problem with you, I always thought you were one of the cooler people in the LP fanbase and you've been through a lot in life. If I had a dollar for every person who didn't like me or hated me, I'd be rich as fuck. :wub:

Edited by Geki

I don't like covers either - no one should be playing Beethoven after 1827. That's his shit. I hate how everyone is suddenly a Beethoven fan since he died.

It's not like a sizable portion of musical history is built upon people performing other people's music and that's a large part of why musical works even survive in the first place, or anything.

Also, here's a homophobic slur, because I'm 11 years old.

Of course people are going to cover Chester. He was a voice of a generation, and people want to celebrate his voice, his music, and his life in different ways, and one way that is what I see to be one of the most respectful is singing his songs.

Geki: You said you sing his songs sometimes in the past. If they cant, why should you? Does that mean youre gay too?

Look, its fine not to like something, but be respectful about it. Not everyone will have the same view as you, and whilst youre entitled to your opinion, youre also entitled to bite your tongue every now and then. Just because you CAN say it, doesnt necessarily mean you SHOULD. Be tasteful.

Covering a song does not mean its a competition with the original. Covers are a way to pay homage to Chester, they are not a way to try and sound as good as or better than him. His music is being kept alive by the artists who pay tribute by singing them. They are paying their respects to one of the best voices of our lifetime.

I mean on LPA you get banned just for not liking ATS. But yeah. I get what you mean. Don't care about your opinion, though. Never had a problem with you, I always thought you were one of the cooler people in the LP fanbase and you've been through a lot in life. If I had a dollar for every person who didn't like me or hated me, I'd be rich as fuck. :wub:

Sorry but you have a really bad habit of trying to rewrite history in regards to why you were banned or claiming LPA bans for frivolous reasons. This isn't the first time you claimed this, and like I said before, you're absolutely incorrect. You were banned for the same exact reasons that you'll likely be banned from LPL soon too (if you're not already) which is usage of homophobic slurs, and being an all around confrontational and non-contributing person to our community. Given that you've exhibited the same behaviors here on LPL, it's honestly confusing and outright indefensible that you are still here.

I'm flattered you think highly of me, but I cannot unfortunately say the feeling is mutual. Not based off of how you've carried yourself in the LP community. Like the person in your avatar, you have a bad habit of not thinking before you speak, saying comments that land you in hot water, and then turning around and acting like everyone is simply out to get you or that you're not in the wrong. Drop the victim act man. If you knew how to ACT people wouldn't have issues with you. Period.

Edited by LPADerek

Sorry but you have a really bad habit of trying to rewrite history in regards to why you were banned or claiming LPA bans for frivolous reasons. This isn't the first time you claimed this, and like I said before, you're absolutely incorrect. You were banned for the same exact reasons that you'll likely be banned from LPL soon too (if you're not already) which is usage of homophobic slurs, and being an all around confrontational and non-contributing person to our community. Given that you've exhibited the same behaviors here on LPL, it's honestly confusing and outright indefensible that you are still here.

I'm flattered you think highly of me, but I cannot unfortunately say the feeling is mutual. Not based off of how you've carried yourself in the LP community. Like the person in your avatar, you have a bad habit of not thinking before you speak, saying comments that land you in hot water, and then turning around and acting like everyone is simply out to get you or that you're not in the wrong. Drop the victim act man. If you knew how to ACT people wouldn't have issues with you. Period.

I know you are tempting me with your reply but I’m deciding to shut up for once so I don’t get banned.

We all get it dude...you loved Chester. We all did.

Ban me. I'm not accepted in the community, never have been. I'm on my own in those regards. Not a fan of covers, especially female singers (I hate female vocalists, not sexist, just don't like them). Hate how since Chester died everybody is suddenly this huge fan and you see all this type of stuff with movies and shit now. I mean it does sound bad, not gonna lie. Nobody is Chester and nobody ever will be. Oli Sykes said the other day that nobody sounded like Chester and nobody ever will again. I agree 100%. Even Mike. I couldn't give a fuck less if Chester didn't write a song, he sang on it, he performed it, it's his song. If it's an original piece and he sang on it, it's his shit. Like I don't care at all if Mike wrote One More Light. Chester made that song what it is. Chester sang that song. It's his song. Sorry not sorry. I was bummed at Mike's show in NYC when more than half of the set wasn't even his own music. I expected his new album mostly with a few FM songs. Maybe 1 LP song but definitely a LP song that he sang on, not Chester.

Edited by castro78

Sounds gay. Anybody who sings anything Chester ever sang sounds gay, including Mike.....

Ban me. I'm not accepted in the community, never have been. I'm on my own in those regards. Not a fan of covers, especially female singers (I hate female vocalists, not sexist, just don't like them).

Sorry Pedo-guy, sounds like you are gay.

The people have spoken! Here's a massive fuck you to you, Geki! bye felicia

lots of stuff I wanna reply to

Pretty much anything is going to come up short in comparison to Chester. :(

Wasn't really comparing it to Chester, just overall. As far as "cinematic covers" go it wasn't that great but I still very much enjoyed it - didn't really want to compare it to the original.

Ban me. I'm not accepted in the community, never have been. I'm on my own in those regards. Not a fan of covers, especially female singers (I hate female vocalists, not sexist, just don't like them). Hate how since Chester died everybody is suddenly this huge fan and you see all this type of stuff with movies and shit now.

Your wish is my command.

God this post is just so full of stupidity I just want to comment on one thing: this is literally the first time since Chester's death that I can remember that his music has notably been used in a movie trailer since, so I have no idea what the fuck you're on about. And hating a group, just for what it is, is some form of discrimination. So yeah, you might be a lil' sexist there. And I can't be bothered to comment on the rest of it because that's just some ass-backqards logic. See ya in 2 weeks when you make your next account.

Of course people are going to cover Chester. He was a voice of a generation, and people want to celebrate his voice, his music, and his life in different ways, and one way that is what I see to be one of the most respectful is singing his songs.

Geki: You said you sing his songs sometimes in the past. If they cant, why should you? Does that mean youre gay too?

Look, its fine not to like something, but be respectful about it. Not everyone will have the same view as you, and whilst youre entitled to your opinion, youre also entitled to bite your tongue every now and then. Just because you CAN say it, doesnt necessarily mean you SHOULD. Be tasteful.

Everything about this is correct and hilarious. Legendary comeback lmao

Retweet! Badass comeback

Geki, Astat and Hahninator are the most interesting people in this forum, we need Geki.

Not gonna lie, a lot of the things you say and insinuate are pretty disrespectful (commenting on Mike's 7/20 post saying "WE NEED IT" instead of something nicer? Really?). Geki can fuck off, and no, we don't need him. If you want to argue it you can join him.

Sorry Pedo-guy, sounds like you are gay.

L M F A O

Geki, Astat and Hahninator are the most interesting people in this forum, we need Geki.

Nah, no one needs that kind of homophobic negativity and ignorance. It's not tolerated here or anywhere in this community. We've done just fine without him in the past, I'm sure we'll manage to survive again.

Soul trying to act like a badass is kinda lame

I love reading Gekis posts about the band he knows a lot of very very interesting information and keeps this forum alive,let's face it this place is fading away.

Geki gonna Geki

Man, I should come out of retirement and re-claim my throne.

Your jokes are awful, I would rather see Geki/astat/Hahn posting unique info about the band that's why i visit this site.

Not to get off topic with the whole Pros and Cons of Geki debate but this cover is awful. Everything from the instrumentation to the vocal performance just does not work at all in my opinion. I appreciate showing some love for Linkin Park but I won't be listening to this again.

Did Geki forget that on 7/20 he was still banned? He was brought back because the LP community was concerned about how he would be handling the news. Mark literally said “we need to get Geki back in here”. So I don’t understand why he seems to be convinced that the LP community has always hated him.

but this cover is awful. Everything from the instrumentation to the vocal performance just does not work at all in my opinion. I appreciate showing some love for Linkin Park but I won't be listening to this again.

it's because you prefer the original version, that's why you think it's awful. for casual or non-lp fans, they love this cover. you can read comments on youtube. for me it's a some kind of tribute to chester too. from the cover, many people trying to search and some of them discovered the original version.

There are a lot of movie trailers where they use famous songs and cover it into a more epic version, so it fits better for a trailer.

Personally, I would say it is a good choice for the trailer, because her voice is really suitable. Yet I am not a fan of the whole cover since it a bit too "boring" imho.

But in general, I don't see any reason why people are complaining about that? It is keeping the legacy of CB up.