2018.06.15 - Los Angeles, CA - KROQ Sound Space

hahninator

On the 15th, Mike will perform another intimate show at the KROQ Sound Space in Los Angeles. Attendance is limited to just a select lucky number of fans via either KROQ or the LPU.

You probably remember this show from the last time that Linkin Park played it, in June 2014 just before the release of The Hunting Party. They played an eight song set on a stage that seemed much-too-small for them (but they made it work) and Chester was noticeably on point. This will be just two days short of the four year anniversary of that show, which is wild considering that show seemed like it happened very recently. It was definitely fun to see such a large touring band (who even played stadiums on that world tour) cram everything on to such a small stage for that show.

On the 14th, Mike surprised everyone by performing fourteen full songs at Amoeba Records, where the standard set for bands is six songs. The show saw the live debuts of Ghosts, Make It Up As I Go, and Running From My Shadow. This show could go that way as well, with a longer set around 12-14 songs being played as well. We will see!

We will definitely get a proshot video of this show. The Sound Space has changed their layout several times - it looks like they are waiting to broadcast the set until the "replay" begins at 5:00pm PST. Information on the webcast can be found here.

After this show, Mike heads to New York City next week for several events - an in-store signing at Looney Tunes Records out near Wantagh on the 18th, a Fallon performance on the 19th, and the Gramercy Theatre intimate show on the 20th. Check out the full touring schedule for Mike, along with show setlists and more here.

Some Europeans said the link doesn't work. They usually broadcast it on YouTube as well, so that should work. If not (for some reason), the whole thing will be uploaded afterward by fans for sure.

Yeah the whole KROQ website seems to be blocked in Europe (I assume because they don't want to comply with GDPR so they just block European users).

Same exact set would be great. Sounds fantastic in the Amoeba recording. I like this set a lot.

I have a feeling that we wont see the same set two shows in a row for a while. I think Mile prepared a lot of stuff just to keep it more interesting for himself (I would think that doing the same thing every single day alone is much more boring to the person performing than playing the same set every night with a whole band) plus I think especially he will keep experimenting with the set to see what works the best.

Setlist:

Castle of Glass
Ghosts
WFTE/WYG
Crossing a Line
Remember the Name
Running From My Shadow

*Edit* No outro on Remember the Name, and Mike messed up the lyrics to the first chorus of Castle of Glass.

Edited by Astat

Did About You hail from the OML sessions since it has blackbear or did Mike make it after Chaz died? Make It Up As I Go and Place To Start hailed from OML sessions we know for a fact.

Did About You hail from the OML sessions since it has blackbear or did Mike make it after Chaz died? Make It Up As I Go and Place To Start hailed from OML sessions we know for a fact.

Pretty sure it was after Chester. He talked about how the song was about him trying to write songs that weren't about Chester and mentioned that Blackbear's verse was written about the memories of them working together.

Mike said About You was basically a bunch of random stuff thrown together, kinda like he did with Until It Breaks. Not sure if that includes demos from One More Light.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Mike lyp-syncing the chorus and other parts of his show? You can definitely tell in the chorus of Ghosts, most notably during the first and second chorus here. LP never did that, I don't think. Wtf.

Actually they did that, Astat/Mark could explain that in detail.

I knew they used back tracks and effects and shit but the vocals though like that? Never heard it out loud like that.

Edited by Geki

I knew they used back tracks and effects and shit but the vocals though like that? Never heard it out loud like that.

It‘s very obvious that they did that in Talking To Myself from Sohthside for example.

Lip syncing is when you have recorded vocals in the PA mix on stage and nothing is coming out of your microphone.

LP on Iridescent, WTCFM, TTM, etc have live vocals but also have some pre recorded studio stuff playing below it. It isnt lip syncing. Its just layering extra vocals. Mikes Show has a lot of it because he is still building his confidence as a frontman. This world tour is really neccesssry for him. His vocals are still live.