Grey Daze & Julien-K Team-Up For Chester Tribute Show

lpliveusername

LP will never ever be the same no matter what the band decides to do in the future. That's not in question at all.

I don't think anyone here cares more about the band continuing then Chester's life ending.

The point of the thread about the future of the band is not to downplay the importance of what happened. The point of that thread is to give fans who are grieving a way to start to look forward. I don't think that anyone who talks about the future of LP, whatever that will be, thinks it will be "easy" to just keep going like nothing happened.

This bothers me a bit. People are legitimately considering what the future of the band is, and almost everything so far hints towards Linkin Park continuing in some form. Whether or not it's the huge tours they used to do or moving towards smaller venues or even just becoming a studio band. Saying that fans are being selfish seems to be coming out of nowhere because I have seen nowhere, oh here anyway, a sense of entitlement towards Linkin Park's continued existence. I agree they don't owe us anything, and that only they know the future of the band, but a lot of what you said seems to come out of left field.

I agree. No one has said anything about LP owing us anything we have just talked about if the band continues what we could see them doing. I think saying fans care more about the band continuing then chesters death is a insult. Some of us just like talking about lp continuing cause it's nice to talk about something els. Fact is we have all said we would support the band no matter what they decide. And geki you can't assume anything if the band continues none of us know how relevant the band will continue to be. On one hand they do smaller shows and release music that dose ok. 2 they do a album with guests that ends up blowing up and being massive who fuxken knows you can't predict the future of LP we just have to wait and see.

I mean, the thing is, that I've never understood about this site's community, is that everyone can have their own opinion. I can have mine and you can have yours. A lot of times here it seems like you kind of have to agree with the general opinion or else you're kind of bullied about it. I also never said people care MORE about the band continuing than Chester's death, but that people seem like it's something that you can simply just overcome. It affected the band immensely on a business level, not only an emotional level. It will be very very hard to continue on, which is why I laid out a few options. If they plan on being able to tour the world and sell out the huge venues that they did with Chester, they'll absolutely need a new vocalist who can handle both the singing and screaming that Chester did in the past. They could find a guy who could do it, just look at all the vocalist in the metalcore and metal world, etc. It won't be the same but they can do that. If they continue as a 5 piece, it would be very much different, let's be realistic. That's why when people like JZE said they can't simply continue with Mike as the lead singer, I agreed. But these Japanese shows in a few months time are at huge venues... are they going to find a replacement before that? They'll surely have to rehearse a shit on and welcome this person into the band before then.

It seems like fans are like pissed or something and care more about their ''favorite band'' not being a thing anymore than Chester's passing. It's just a band. There are tons of bands out there. Tons of music to listen to. Linkin Park had a good run. Appreciate the memories you have with Linkin Park and that you were able to be a part of it all. And I'm not saying that the band won't continue, they likely will. But on the off chance that they don't, could you blame them? Fans are really kind of being selfish about it. They don't owe you anything. They have put out seven fucking albums - tons of music.

I mean, the thing is, that I've never understood about this site's community, is that everyone can have their own opinion. I can have mine and you can have yours. A lot of times here it seems like you kind of have to agree with the general opinion or else you're kind of bullied about it. I also never said people care MORE about the band continuing than Chester's death, but that people seem like it's something that you can simply just overcome. It affected the band immensely on a business level, not only an emotional level. It will be very very hard to continue on, which is why I laid out a few options. If they plan on being able to tour the world and sell out the huge venues that they did with Chester, they'll absolutely need a new vocalist who can handle both the singing and screaming that Chester did in the past. They could find a guy who could do it, just look at all the vocalist in the metalcore and metal world, etc. It won't be the same but they can do that. If they continue as a 5 piece, it would be very much different, let's be realistic. That's why when people like JZE said they can't simply continue with Mike as the lead singer, I agreed. But these Japanese shows in a few months time are at huge venues... are they going to find a replacement before that? They'll surely have to rehearse a shit on and welcome this person into the band before then.

It looks like you just contradicted yourself. And to me LP are not just another band, they are more than that.

It seems like fans are like pissed or something and care more about their ''favorite band'' not being a thing anymore than Chester's passing. It's just a band. There are tons of bands out there. Tons of music to listen to. Linkin Park had a good run. Appreciate the memories you have with Linkin Park and that you were able to be a part of it all. And I'm not saying that the band won't continue, they likely will. But on the off chance that they don't, could you blame them? Fans are really kind of being selfish about it. They don't owe you anything. They have put out seven fucking albums - tons of music.

It looks like you just contradicted yourself. And to me LP are not just another band, they are more than that.

That's good then. You'll always have their music to listen to. I still listen to the first three albums as much as I did when I first heard them, that's the beauty of good music.

Saying that they will have a replacement is just an opinion, there's literally nothing to go on for that.

If they plan on being able to tour the world and sell out the huge venues that they did with Chester, they'll absolutely need a new vocalist who can handle both the singing and screaming that Chester did in the past.

An opinion. I don't agree with that. Mike wrote a majority of the singles himself, including BTH and WID. We will see what happens but I am positive LP can drop top 10 singles in this format of 5 members no problem. They are an incredibly talented band.

I look forward to what they do, because they will honor Chester properly.

I mean, the thing is, that I've never understood about this site's community, is that everyone can have their own opinion. I can have mine and you can have yours. A lot of times here it seems like you kind of have to agree with the general opinion or else you're kind of bullied about it.

There is a difference between bullying/silencing someone for an opinion and debating/discussing one. I like to think we create an environment where ALL opinions regarding the band (within reason, of course) are welcome. Mark and I "argue" almost weekly about the quality of Hybrid Theory and Meteora lol. Every forum will be a bit of an echo chamber, that's just the nature of the beast, and it was pretty bad around the release of OML, I agree, but I haven't really seen much here that could be seen as bullying.

I do think they have the capability of going forward as a five piece on a purely musical level. Mike and Brad have made up the core of the songwriting process for a while, and Mike has grown to be a more than competent singer. The dude is a proper frontman on Invisible live, and there are plenty of songs in the discography that the band can do with Mike on lead vocals. Emotionally is a different variable all together, and one that no one here has a better grasp of than anyone else here.

Saying that they will have a replacement is just an opinion, there's literally nothing to go on for that.

An opinion. I don't agree with that. Mike wrote a majority of the singles himself, including BTH and WID. We will see what happens but I am positive LP can drop top 10 singles in this format of 5 members no problem. They are an incredibly talented band.

I look forward to what they do, because they will honor Chester properly.

Just because he wrote them doesn't mean he performed them, though. Chester sang both of those entirely. Would you say the credit for everything Taylor Swift has done is credited to her ghost writers? She's the one performing it, she is the voice of what those people wrote. It's the same thing. I'm not saying Mike isn't talented, but it's crazy to me to assume that he will be able to perform every song on a big tour each year or two, selling out huge venues around the world. If they find a replacement vocalist, it could be done. They literally haven't said anything about continuing as a 5 piece, just that they would like to discuss the future of Linkin Park, etc. It's just as likely they'll get a replacement vocalist as it is that they'll remain a 5 piece.

Just because he wrote them doesn't mean he performed them, though. Chester sang both of those entirely. Would you say the credit for everything Taylor Swift has done is credited to her ghost writers? She's the one performing it, she is the voice of what those people wrote. It's the same thing. I'm not saying Mike isn't talented, but it's crazy to me to assume that he will be able to perform every song on a big tour each year or two, selling out huge venues around the world. If they find a replacement vocalist, it could be done. They literally haven't said anything about continuing as a 5 piece, just that they would like to discuss the future of Linkin Park, etc. It's just as likely they'll get a replacement vocalist as it is that they'll remain a 5 piece.

None of us are saying Mike can perform every song. We're saying he'll find a way with what the band's discography looks like to make a cohesive and great Linkin Park set when they do return to touring. I don't think anyone going will expect 'One Step Closer' or 'Given Up' or anything like that after Chester's passing, at least not the majority (since I'm pretty certain at least 80% of the people who'll attend these shows will have some heart). Mike writes most of the songs that are successful and therefore can write songs he will be able to sing, and with how good his range has become over the years it shouldn't be a problem.

You're right that none of us know what's going to happen and both choices are probably just as likely, just from our own perspectives we THINK they will go on as a 5 piece and therefore we're discussing how it could work. I'm even willing to go further to say it's less likely they'll hire someone else because I don't think any of them think anyone could do the songs justice. Time will tell.

Not that I necessarily think they WILL replace Chester or that it'll work out well if they do, but from a purely logistical standpoint...Alice in Chains replaced Layne Staley. AC/DC replaced Bon Scott. Queen replaced goddamn FREDDIE MERCURY.

It's not like it would be unprecedented. They wouldn't even be the biggest band to do it.

Not that I necessarily think they WILL replace Chester or that it'll work out well if they do, but from a purely logistical standpoint...Alice in Chains replaced Layne Staley. AC/DC replaced Bon Scott. Queen replaced goddamn FREDDIE MERCURY.

It's not like it would be unprecedented. They wouldn't even be the biggest band to do it.

The rest of the members of LP deserve to continue if they want to. Thread winner.

Look, maybe you guys are right. It's just been hard for me to think about them continuing on without Chester, and harder if they replace him. But I know it has to happen, I can't be selfish. I just miss Chester so much, I hate this.

All I know is that right now I don't have a feeling or opinion on any of the possible ways that may or may not continue. I do KNOW that I will have the same feeling that the band has when they DO make their decision, b/c I know that will be the right decision, no matter what it is. I've trusted in and followed them since the very beginning and that won't change no matter what the outcome is.