Old xero/Lp Songs On Tape?

X3RO

I was reading the Linkinpedia and stumbled across a show on the date of 2/24/00 and say the setlist was made of some older songs like Rhinestone, slip, and Esaul (My Favorite), and that's all they know since the owner of the tapes Marc Ostrick wants 10k for the tape.

So I'm wondering if some can open a go fund me or something to raise the money to get the full tape and see if there's and unheard demos, like picturboard, etc.

-X3RO

Filmed by Marc Ostrick for his "Lockout" documentary series that was first uploaded to YouTube in 2006 (
). For the full raw footage, over $10,000 is wanted.

post-127611-0-64307600-1496992492_thumb.png

This has been brought up before, I think the LPLive staff think it's too much money. Although I'm sure we could raise it, I believe I remember seeing that they're not sure if he'd give us usage rights to be able to share it, upload it, etc.

Too many unknowns like Canvas says. We want it but we've reached out to him so many times over the years for either his communication to stop completely or something falls apart in the process. The money is too much. Not worth raising that much for just a few songs.

I also think that, for as much hype there is about this footage within the LP community, it just isn't worth anywhere near what he's asking for it. The problem is that he ended up having a pretty successful TV production career later on, so he's inflating the price purely because his name is on it. $3-5k range, sure, but $10k+ is just absurd. Plus the bevy of lawyers he'd inevitably sick on us if we actually tried to do anything with the footage after we bought it...hell, wasn't there some legal drama over MTV using some of his footage in that The Ride documentary?

I think if you're going to charge someone $10k for footage, then they should be able to do whatever they want with it. That's an insanely high amount, and then to not even be able to share it??? No way.

So is it better if we just wait?

Also is there any more pictures of Xero and or live footage, i recall someone telling me that there was when they opened for system back in 97 at The Whisky.

So is it better if we just wait?

Also is there any more pictures of Xero and or live footage, i recall someone telling me that there was when they opened for system back in 97 at The Whisky.

The guy who worked there and used to sell tapes from that era passed away and the club doesn't have a footage of any Xero show.

Moved this to Live Talk because it's not really news.

Best thing to do is wait, I guess. We shouldn't have to sell our organs for enough money to buy rehearsal footage. If we never get it, yeah, it's shame, but who knows what else may pop up in the future. This year alone we found two Xero tracks and a Mike Shinoda track we have never heard about, so there will definitely be more surprising things in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

The guy who worked there and used to sell tapes from that era passed away and the club doesn't have a footage of any Xero show.

I heard that the Whiskey has recordings of many shows from over the years that they are putting online, I wonder if they have some shows Of Xero.

• 3 weeks later...

I was reading the Linkinpedia and stumbled across a show on the date of 2/24/00 and say the setlist was made of some older songs like Rhinestone, slip, and Esaul (My Favorite), and that's all they know since the owner of the tapes Marc Ostrick wants 10k for the tape.

So I'm wondering if some can open a go fund me or something to raise the money to get the full tape and see if there's and unheard demos, like picturboard, etc.

-X3RO

Filmed by Marc Ostrick for his "Lockout" documentary series that was first uploaded to YouTube in 2006 (

-X3RO

Could it be that the other places that Xero played also recorded the shows?

Mike trolling us again. :lol:

Wish I was, But now with the tragic death of Chester will Lp continue making music but take some time off or will they stop making music...... or bring back Wakefield?

• 2 weeks later...

Moved this to Live Talk because it's not really news.

Best thing to do is wait, I guess. We shouldn't have to sell our organs for enough money to buy rehearsal footage. If we never get it, yeah, it's shame, but who knows what else may pop up in the future. This year alone we found two Xero tracks and a Mike Shinoda track we have never heard about, so there will definitely be more surprising things in the future.

Thanks for pointing out that ''Drop'' isn't a Xero track, it's a Mike Shinoda track. As if it wasn't obvious enough from the tracklisting credit, it's not a Xero track like ''Closing'' or ''Fiends'' is. It annoys me when people consider Mike, Chester, Joe, etc. guest spots on albums or whatever as Linkin Park music; it's not.

Thanks for pointing out that ''Drop'' isn't a Xero track, it's a Mike Shinoda track. As if it wasn't obvious enough from the tracklisting credit, it's not a Xero track like ''Closing'' or ''Fiends'' is. It annoys me when people consider Mike, Chester, Joe, etc. guest spots on albums or whatever as Linkin Park music; it's not.

Well, it's Mike and Joe. "Kenji & Artofficial of Xero" (as listed on the tracklist) to be exact, so it isn't even a collaboration with an outside artist.

Closing is pretty much Mike and Joe's work too. It even starts with "Kenji and DJ Artofficial representing Xero."

And most of the tracks on the Xero tape were done by Mark and Mike.

The collaborations with other artists credited to Linkin Park were pretty much done with Mike and Chester only (Darker Than Blood, Things In My Jeep) with the exception being We Made It, which had a contribution by Brad.

It's Goin' Down also features two Linkin Park members and was played at Linkin Park shows.

So I don't really see a problem with songs featuring at least two members being labeled "Linkin Park songs." That's what we use to define something as a Linkin Park show in the live guide too.

Well, it's Mike and Joe. "Kenji & Artofficial of Xero" (as listed on the tracklist) to be exact, so it isn't even a collaboration with an outside artist.Closing is pretty much Mike and Joe's work too. It even starts with "Kenji and DJ Artofficial representing Xero."And most of the tracks on the Xero tape were done by Mark and Mike.The collaborations with other artists credited to Linkin Park were pretty much done with Mike and Chester only (Darker Than Blood, Things In My Jeep) with the exception being We Made It, which had a contribution by Brad.It's Goin' Down also features two Linkin Park members and was played at Linkin Park shows.So I don't really see a problem with songs featuring at least two members being labeled "Linkin Park songs." That's what we use to define something as a Linkin Park show in the live guide too.

Yeah, but technically it's not Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory, Xero). The credit for Linkin Park is really only on We Made It and Darker Than Blood. Also, Things In My Jeep. A lot of others feature Mike or Chester or Joe, sometimes multiple of them on a track, but it's still not TECHNICALLY Linkin Park. Your argument is invalid.

Well, it's Mike and Joe. "Kenji & Artofficial of Xero" (as listed on the tracklist) to be exact, so it isn't even a collaboration with an outside artist.

Closing is pretty much Mike and Joe's work too. It even starts with "Kenji and DJ Artofficial representing Xero."

And most of the tracks on the Xero tape were done by Mark and Mike.

The collaborations with other artists credited to Linkin Park were pretty much done with Mike and Chester only (Darker Than Blood, Things In My Jeep) with the exception being We Made It, which had a contribution by Brad.

It's Goin' Down also features two Linkin Park members and was played at Linkin Park shows.

So I don't really see a problem with songs featuring at least two members being labeled "Linkin Park songs." That's what we use to define something as a Linkin Park show in the live guide too.

so is closing a xero track or not?

• 2 years later...