'One More Light' Album Length Revealed

AdamArtz

Both Amazon and iTunes have confirmed the length of the new Linkin Park album One More Light, set to drop on May 19th.

Coming in at 35:19, this will be the shortest Linkin Park album in the discography...shorter than both Meteora and Living Things.

Track lengths for songs that we don't have yet:

'Nobody Can Save Me' 3:45
'Talking to Myself' 3:51
'Sorry for Now' 3:23
'Halfway Right' 3:37
'One More Light' 4:15
'Sharp Edges' 2:58

a1153af2d4041db9dc7afc9f2aa9b817.png

Edited by Hahninator

I think it's a decent length for this album, hopefully the cycle of this album have the same "length" (short) :lol:

For what? So they can head to studio and making new album that probably will disappointed hardcore LP fans? I rather they touring longer and take time for another records.

For what? So they can head to studio and making new album that probably will disappointed hardcore LP fans? I rather they touring longer and take time for another records.

What? So what do you want me to do if I don't like the album? THP cycle was short compared to others, not everything they make out I like, I think I'm in my right to not like something and express it. Fool is trying to make me like something or do that to others too, just because I don't like it not means that the band disappointed me or makes me be a hardcore lp fan, I've never been the typical fan who lives just thinking about Linkin Park. One more thing next time you want to criticize me, think beyond the hate that others have to this album instead of generalizing me.

Edited by MacGyver

What? So what do you want me to do if I don't like the album? THP cycle was short compared to others, not everything they make out I like, I think I'm in my right to not like something and express it. Fool is trying to make me like something or that to others too, just because I don't like it means that the band disappointed me or makes me be a hardcore lp fan, I've never been the typical fan who lives just thinking about Linkin Park. One more thing next time you want to criticize me, think beyond the hate that others have to this album instead of generalizing me.

I didnt ask you to do something if you dislike the album. i'm asking "for what"? check the post again before mumbling. :ph34r: your opinion is yours and vice versa.

I don't understand 10 songs after 3 years. They recorded so much more and are even giving interviews about all the extra songs and how they wrote them. This could have easily been 20 songs, but more reasonably like 13-14.

maybe they gonna release bonus track later? probably demos for LPU? gotta admit, 10 songs is weird but at least we got full song instead of Interlude.

That means, including the live songs, we have already heard 21:36 of the album which is just over 61% of it. If you only count studio version releases, we have heard 13:30, or just over 38% of the album.

It is pretty sad that 13 and a half minutes of music is almost 40% of the album. :(

Edited by springer

That means, including the live songs, we have already heard 21:36 of the album which is just over 61% of it. If you only count studio version releases, we have heard 13:30, or just over 38% of the album.

It is pretty sad that 13 and a half minutes of music is almost 40% of the album. :(

Jesus

My whole issue is that they took all this time to record, and love to say shit like "we recorded 7 million demos for this record!" but we're left with 10 songs and their shortest album ever.

Edited by Justin

My whole issue is that they took 3 years to record, and love to say shit like "we recorded 7 million demos for this record!" but we're left with 10 songs and their shortest album ever.

Recording in the Studio November 2015 - December 2016

Not exactly 3 years.

Not literally, but the point remains that they love talking about how many ideas they had, and how they made an effort to write one complete song per day, but this is still their shortest album ever.

I like all the songs and I'm going to like this album, I just wish it were a bit longer.

Honestly at this rate this album is on par with the lengths of the other short ones.

Remember Living Things had "Victimized" which was under 2 minutes long and the interlude "Tinfoil"..which take those two out, you get 10 tracks around the same length if not shorter.

The fact that this wait was 3+ months as opposed to the usual 2-2.5, we were given more songs throughout the wait which ultimately results in us having less for the album release.

No worries here. Exactly what I expected.

10 short pop songs....what an accomplishment. I just don't get it. The fact that they're so defiant about the backlash is amazing to me too. What did they think most people were gonna say? I'm not asking for HT, I'm asking for good music. ATS isn't HT, but it's unique and interesting. I still listen to it today. This new album is boring, too poppy, and generic.

Recording in the Studio November 2015 - December 2016

Yeah official recording started in November 2015 but after the cancelled USA tour in January 2015 Mike began to write and he worked also after the short Europe tour in September 2015 with another song writer f e in London.

So for me they worked since the beginning of 2015 on this CD and now we have 10 songs...only 10 songs which 60 per cent were played live and I don't think that they will add more of them. So they could also do a 15 song-album when they never play all or almost all songs.