'One More Light' Album Length Revealed

AdamArtz

One More Reason to be disappointed, waiting 3 years for 30 fucking minutes of bad music is disgusting.

They ar3 really becoming what Mike said they don't want to be.. A legacy act.

Most artists release short albums nowadays that's how it goes, people don't listen to long albums anymore and this has nothing to do with being a legacy act as they played most of the album already and they are proud of it .

They were legitimately in the studio in September 2015. That's not an exaggeration. It was immediately after Mike got back from London.

They need to release some more songs down the line somehow.

I totally agree. We're not getting much from LPU comparatively to years past, we're not getting any true random releases (unless you count how to ride a bike and thingz in my jeep), but at the same time they're talking about much music they've created. We'll pay for it, they want their stuff heard. It's a win win at this point. Either they aren't completely true, or they're pulling a doctor dre on us. I don't know what to think honestly, I just want to hear anything I can get

Honestly are we surprised? All of these track lengths are no shocker including "Sharp Edges" which would be the 5th out of 7 closing tracks that are under 4 minutes.

I am less shocked at the lengths and more shocked that the fanbase expected more. Not to mention, this album seems to be on par with Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Living Things album lengths minus the filler tracks.

I guess the official realization that there will be no six minute epics is a blow to the community, I just don't see why. I'd be more surprised if we had longer songs.

Pretty short album length, but expected, I probably read too much in it. But yeah this era feels just like one big trollfest :lol: it's not even they went full hot-for-the-moment pop, it's just odd how they basically became what they so called 'hated' and 'feared' for last era. I am all for the best songs making the cut and quality over quantity any day. But something just doesn't add up. They are so oddly proud about everything this era, it feels even more enthusiastic than they were last few eras. Yet creativily this feels like the lowest they have gone. Just thinking out loud. I mean it's not even that I dislike the music, I actually enjoy it weirdly enough so far. But yeah something doesn't add up, it's like I expect to see a paper inside every album booklet that says 'You're Punk'd' or something :lol:

Edited by Jesper

I hope they do a minutes to midnight cycle afterwards. There's enough music going on so a rushed recording is nothing anyone needs nowadays.

If anything this is the record they took the LONGEST to make for such little output, not rushed at all like LT was for example.

LP needs to hire a good producer again and stop fucking around with these writers.

This is, as someone Already said, the firecracker record: pop, with no nu metal /rock/hard rock elements. It s ( as Chester said

) the logical evolution of LT , and THP should be considered a deviation from this road at this Point. We will see, i love poppy electronic LP

I don't understand 10 songs after 3 years. They recorded so much more and are even giving interviews about all the extra songs and how they wrote them. This could have easily been 20 songs, but more reasonably like 13-14.

Well, considering the quality of the songs, are we even sure we want 13-14 tracks? Let alone 20? Haha

I don't understand people complaining/expecting/wanting more songs..... this is part of the creative and album recording process. You record a lot of stuff so you can throw a lot of it away and have the best stuff on the album.

If you only recorded ten songs and all ten were on the album, likely there is a lot of sucky stuff there.

The reason why the album isn't longer, doesn't have more songs, is those songs are not up to standard, they are not good enough for the album.

Now you can argue about the quality of the songs that actually made it, but for whatever reason the songs that didn't haven't been deemed suitable, I would rather not have them, i'd hope they not see the light of day.

I personally don't really like the LPU demo's either, they are good to listen to once or twice, like watching a making off documentary (off topic: I'd love to see a full documentary this album, to see how it all actually went down), but I don't enjoy it as music, why? Because these aren't fully finished songs, they are just half ideas, you wouldn't want a chef to half cook your food.

I wish bands would do this even more, record several albums worth of ideas and songs and then throw even more away, so we have far less filler, a lot of bands out there are able to record 3/4 good songs per album and the rest is complete trash/filler, I think it would be better if they just recorded way more songs and threw way more stuff away and then we have better albums.

Also in terms of LP, I wish they would get a producer back, I understand the want to self produce, but having a great producer is what keeps you in check, it's what pushes you forward, or else you are just stuck in your own little bubble without even realising, thinking you are doing something creative/great etc when you are not.

I almost think this has happened somewhat on this album, Mike emailing about wanting this to be the best LP album, but they had no outside force pushing them and challenging them to do so, so what you end up with is something actually quite generic.

Sure they had a lot of collaborations in on the writing, but they are more just yes men, working with the band, there was nobody pushing them from the outside creatively and I normally think this hurts most bands.

Just my thoughts.... I see myself getting more and more distant from the LP community lately too, which is sad, I feel like the LP community was the best out there, at least for me, but these days I see that we are all more and more distant, opinions are more divided and crazy... perhaps that's the journey of the LP fan!

This album cycle is kinda weird for me. I'm not that excited about getting OML, it's in what two weeks? I ordered the deluxe package, I'm expecting to quite like the album, but in the same way, I'm expecting that I will only listen to it for a short while, maybe a few days after release ad then mostly move onto something else.

I feel like I am doing some kinda journaling exercise here, writing out my inner most thoughts relating to this album and the band right now... haha sorry!

Pretty short album length, but expected, I probably read too much in it. But yeah this era feels just like one big trollfest :lol: it's not even they went full hot-for-the-moment pop, it's just odd how they basically became what they so called 'hated' and 'feared' for last era. I am all for the best songs making the cut and quality over quantity any day. But something just doesn't add up. They are so oddly proud about everything this era, it feels even more enthusiastic than they were last few eras. Yet creativily this feels like the lowest they have gone. Just thinking out loud. I mean it's not even that I dislike the music, I actually enjoy it weirdly enough so far. But yeah something doesn't add up, it's like I expect to see a paper inside every album booklet that says 'You're Punk'd' or something :lol:

I think all this pride has to do with how every song in this album(except for GG I guess) came from real and emotional experiences in their lives. A lot of songs in the past came from them using a hypothetical character's point of view, not necessarily theirs. I'm in the disappointed team about the length though.

I doubt ten songs is all they recorded. Maybe they saved something for a movie soundtrack, an app like 8 bit revolution, or an EP down the line? The days of releasing a huge album are over, and I think they're going to peace meal the latest recording sessions. 30 minutes might be all LP think people have an attention span for.

I doubt ten songs is all they recorded. Maybe they saved something for a movie soundtrack, an app like 8 bit revolution, or an EP down the line? The days of releasing a huge album are over, and I think they're going to peace meal the latest recording sessions. 30 minutes might be all LP think people have an attention span for.

I don't think it's set on stone that they will only release shorter albums from now on, LT would have this same length if it wasn't for Tinfoil and they still came with THP 2 years later