Linkin Park Debuts 'Good Goodbye' Lyrics

hahninator

I can't see how ppl are calling the song crap when it isn't even out yet. Ok lyrics aren't the best in world but the song could have a sick ass beat that gets the crowd going live wen mike raps the whole song himself live. Just at least wait till u hear it before u bash it

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is there really to say? They made a bunch of pop songs, supposedly based on these great lyrics, that a ton of people think are garbage. The music is boring, the lyrics are shit, and it all sounds very generic.

Once you've already declared the new stuff as boring, shitty and generic you're pretty much blocking any form of discussion... But it's your opinion and I respect it.

You actually bring up a good point. I wonder if, live, they'll shorten the song to just 2 verses and include the Mike verse that got sidelined for Stormzy.

Knowing LP, I'm guessing they're only going to play Mike's verse and the chorus :P

Once you've already declared the new stuff as boring, shitty and generic you're pretty much blocking any form of discussion... But it's your opinion and I respect it.

Knowing LP, I'm guessing they're only going to play Mike's verse and the chorus :P

I imagine mike will do all the verses I don't see why not if mike did guilty all the same in full why they couldn't do this.

I don't think I've EVER used the term "selling out" unironically at any point in the nearly 14 years I've been part of this community, but I have to say that Linkin Park allowing a line that refers to "hoes" to appear on an album is something that meets my definition of selling out. I realize this line was already crossed with the I'll Be Gone remix, but that was a remix, after all.

Collision Course.

Edited by Wilderness

Mike himself actually said "hoe" on that album. I'm surprised people pissed at this song weren't pissed then that he chose to say the word rather than censor himself or replace it.

"Money, cash, hoes. He's from the hood, stupid, what type of facts are those?"

Edited by Justin

Mike himself actually said "hoe" on that album. I'm surprised people pissed at this song weren't pissed then that he chose to say the word rather than censor himself or replace it.

"Money, cash, hoes. He's from the hood, stupid, what type of facts are those?"

Because people wanna moan about everything lp do

I imagine mike will do all the verses I don't see why not if mike did guilty all the same in full why they couldn't do this.

Stormzy's and Pusha's styles of rapping are fairly different than Mike's, so I'm not sure he could pull the verses off. But he did pull off Rakim's verse from GATS as you mentioned and some of Jay Z's verses from Encore, so who knows.

Stormzy's and Pusha's styles of rapping are fairly different than Mike's, so I'm not sure he could pull the verses off. But he did pull off Rakim's verse from GATS as you mentioned and some of Jay Z's verses from Encore, so who knows.

He rapped like one line from Encore. Also Rakim was an influence on Mike already. Rakim's flow wasn't as much of a stretch as Stormzy's would be for Mike to adapt to. Listen to any Stormzy song and then imagine it being rapped with Mike's style. Maybe not the best idea lol

I love Push and Mike. I love anything rap they've done for 15+ years. This studio track makes no sense. These three guys have nothing in common, not even a label association, and they mashed together for what could (and I hope not) be a bad song with great pieces.

Go release a fort Minor mixtape Mike. You have pull and product to make great tracks again. Nobody really cares to here a DBS track on an LP studio album, don't be selfish enough to put a self proclaimed ill fitting track on, just because you can't be bothered to make FM2

0:30 - 0:53

Well, It was under our noses this whole time, and we missed it.

We must've missed the hint about THP being "heavy" and starting out as pop too.

These fuckers have been dropping hints since before the last record.

Seriously, next time LP drops an album they shouldn't say anything about it. Every time it builds up this crazy hype train and almost everyone is let down with the first thing that comes out.

When LP says their next album has a harder, "in your face" sound, people expect HT part 2 (this happens with every new LP album)

When LP says their next album focusses on lyrics, everyone expects top notch lyrics that even the greatest poets couldn't write.

Every album cycle people are disappointed because Mike said something about the album in an interview and they expect a whole album to be like that description.

Normally I actually don't really have that much expectations, because I know they will suprise in whatever way.

This time around, they basically keep putting the focus on these deep personal conversations that led to creation of the album in the promo appearences. But they don't really talk about why they bring in certain songwriters and that is what makes things questionable for me. I mean Heavy is exactly what you can expect from a Justin Tranter song, but did they hire the guy? did they know him before and got with him for just a friendly favor? Because I can't connect the dots as to why they got the hottest popsongwriter to help them with these personal conversations. I don't expect some deep poems to be their lyrics, but it is basically the opposite to go to the other side and basically hire the songwriter that is used by recordlabels for their popacts to get a hit. I actually like Heavy, but I can't deny for myself that it feels a bit calculated. And then we have Mike who comes around and just simply says Good Goodbye is inspired by basketball, which is fine, but I wouldn't mind if they would be a little more open about the creation of the album or would indeed stay quiet fr a cycle and let the music speak without anyone knowing what to expect. There will always be people dissapointing and going into that weird 'I need a new HT' phase. But it wouldn't have hurted would the interviews quotes been 'We wrote a big part of the album with personal conversations in mind, but there are also some songs we wrote with other things in mind, refering to the basketball for example' I mean it is a big difference between writing a song with a friend dying in mind and turning around and talking about a song inspired by basketball. I mean Good Goodbye may be the odd song on the album and actually dont even fit with the concept of the rest of the tracks, but it makes it a bit confusing after the promo cycle so far. I am excited to hear the rest of the album, including Good Goodbye though :)

He rapped like one line from Encore. Also Rakim was an influence on Mike already. Rakim's flow wasn't as much of a stretch as Stormzy's would be for Mike to adapt to. Listen to any Stormzy song and then imagine it being rapped with Mike's style. Maybe not the best idea lol

Exactly lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Dx1aWPTiU

0:30 - 0:53

Well, It was under our noses this whole time, and we missed it.

Mike secretly wrote the entirety of OML about hoes. All this stuff about "the most personal record we've written" is just for the media.

Edited by Mesck547

Just heard it and it is more instant than I expected chorus wise, though that pitchy voice in the song annoys me, I love Mike's verse, not really caring for the features. Wasn't so 'different' in sound as I expected it to be, in comparison to the rest of what we heard so far though.

Just heard it and it is more instant than I expected chorus wise, though that pitchy voice in the song annoys me, I love Mike's verse, not really caring for the features. Wasn't so 'different' in sound as I expected it to be, in comparison to the rest of what we heard so far though.

Could not agree more on the pitched vocals...they used them in BS and I hated them but it feels even worse here. But the chorus sounds good to me.

Could not agree more on the pitched vocals...they used them in BS and I hated them but it feels even worse here. But the chorus sounds good to me.

I love that pitchy vocals. So, it's fine for me. I bet some of the fans love it. The verses? It's really dope. The songs release from OML getting better. Just my humble opinion.

Where did you listen to it? It's out?

Agreed

I love that pitchy vocals. So, it's fine for me. I bet some of the fans love it. The verses? It's really dope. The songs release from OML getting better. Just my humble opinion.

Yeah each song sounds better so far, maybe that's their strategy :lol: