Linkin Park Debuts 'Good Goodbye' Lyrics

hahninator

It's a good song with a trendy sound, Mike kinda tried to rap like Future/Migos and the chipmunks suck balls

Chorus is good I wish that Chester had like a bridge, repeating the chorus 4 times is not creative.

7-10.

A proper bridge would def. made it better

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike's rapping style reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0OdmRtuQew

Like some of you already said before the Future/Migos style, personally I dislike it, it isn't Mike's style and he can do better than that.

Song is okay, reminds me of We Made It. The chorus is weak though, really 'cheap' sound of the claps, and the lyrics and vocal delivery is very cheesy.

Fuck you're absolutely right. Snoop Dogg nailed the impersonation.

I'm just saying, and I know I might catch some heat for saying this, but Drake would have fit in well on this beat and the single would have went to #1 instantly because of his name. That being said, I don't think that's a collab we'll ever see.

Also I agree about there being no bridge. All the deliberate talk about how this album was not thrown together falls a little flat when this song was clearly thrown together (by LP standards).

My other criticism is Mike's verse. "Longer than I've been alive, you idiot" is cringeworthy, especially from a lyricist who we've seen countless times being a total perfectionist.

Edited by Justin

Nah, Drake is too high and mighty to be seen on a track with LP. I don't like him personally, but that's how it is.

Yeah. I like some of his songs, but he's just ok to me. In his mind, I could see him think collaborating with LP would bring his status down. LP aren't at the peak of their mainstream popularity, and they aren't OVO. Lol

Another song without guitars. Just great. This album will be with only with two members.

Heavy and Battle Symphony both have guitar, bass, and drums. We've been through this multiple times. Every band member is involved in every song.

Chorus was inspired by this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

If anything that makes me respect the song more. Nothing like a good reference in a hip-hop song.

I really dig this track, feels like a hip-hop version of LITE meets Powerless. Mike's and Pusha's verses are pretty solid, and I've been on board with Stormzy's appearance on the song since it was announced, but I will admit it is a bit jarring. I like it still, could've been better.

The best thing to me is that there's actually a pretty mixed reaction to this track. Seeing people initially say "this is good" rather than everyone saying "fuck this" initially is actually creating some discussion.

EDIT: Closing this thread, all discussion goes in the new one.