New Linkin Park music next week?

hahninator

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike should just address all of this hype and more importantly, the wait. The reason so many fans are so pissed is because it could theoretically drop any minute, but at the end of the day, it never comes. If they gave us a timeframe, such as ''Hey, check out our social media around this date, etc'' I think a lot of fans would like that a lot more. If it's going to be a while longer before a single comes out, let us know. People may think all of the teasing from the band member's and their families is creating hype but it's not necessarily a good thing really. Because teasing and teasing and not delivering will only create massive expectations and it will annoy a lot of fans.

The band is suspiciously quite....

I think quite the opposite, actually. Chester has been promoting the fuck out of the new album on his Twitter and Mike has talked about it many times as well. The rest of the band has been quiet but they don't really use social media much anyways, especially for talking about new Linkin Park. I think the band were a lot more quiet with the release of GATS and THP. The only issue is that if you're going to hype the fuck out of something a lot, you need to release something at some point, and they've been doing it for quite a while. The fanbase really wants a single badly, you can read any fansite basically. Some people have said they should drop the entire album as a surprise, etc. but I think they should just give us a single first, a few months away, etc. It's February now in 2 days.... I mean cmon...

I definitely don't think they should release the whole album as a "surprise". It would flop and sell horribly. Linkin Park isn't Beyoncé or Drake. They both released an album with no promotion beforehand, but they're both about as famous as you can be. LP, as much as the truth may hurt, can't just do that and expect it to go well.

Releasing a SINGLE that way could work, but not the album. Announce the release date in advance, and provided the single is at the very least a modest hit, the album should do ok.

The long wait without a release date paired with what Mike has continually said about everything being a surprise, is making it seem like they are going to drop the single on a random day without any warning, and that worries me. I want the lead single to do great, but if they take this route it might hurt the song's potential on the radio/charts. I really hope whatever they have planned with this release, they do a much better job than what they did with the release of GATS; that was just terrible and lazy.

We literally found out the title of GATS one day randomly and then LP uploaded a small clip of a new song preview on their YouTube which turned out to be GATS, then one night randomly they said to Shazam COG and we could hear GATS through the app. I remember it well. And then it was on iTunes a few days later if I'm not mistaken, maybe the day after. But then the music video was pure shit, too, which the band now acknowledges. But yeah, that's a terrible way for a name like Linkin Park to release anything, even a single, and it's largely why THP didn't do as well as it could have, IMO.

They need to release a single similar to how they released BID in 2012. They announced that that they had a new single coming out, which was a few weeks after the announcement. But it hyped shit up big time and BID actually did well, despite LPL hating the song. Either way is was a successful campaign. And LT did well because of it, too. Also not too many songs were given away beforehand like with THP, but still.

So honestly, they don't need to wait weeks after announcing the song, but maybe a day or two ahead of time so that everyone knows about it. Put it on iTunes for purchase to bring in sales and also do a YouTube lyric video or whatever because then anyone will be able to get it and they make money through that as well. Literally they could announce it tomorrow and then put it out Thursday and it would be successful IMO.

Edited by Geki

Sounds like the new LP album is finished, according to this tweet from Chester yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChesterBe/status/825936528429903873

Yes, many people have been saying that. It's definitely finished at this point, IMO. I mean they were working on mixing it at the beginning of December and it's now basically February. But even if it weren't 100% done, at least the single is, IMO. So I think we will be seeing the release of the single this week, especially with the new news about Chester being at Apple HQ today, which is where Zane Lowe does his shit now, etc.