YouTube Live Update from Mike

hahninator

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if they do the Beyoncé thing? :huh: Do you remember in 2013, when she released her Beyoncé album without any prior announcement or promotion? I wouldn't be surprised if Linkin Park would do the same thing. That would be a "surprise".

What if they do the Beyoncé thing? :huh: Do you remember in 2013, when she released her Beyoncé album without any prior announcement or promotion? I wouldn't be surprised if Linkin Park would do the same thing. That would be a "surprise".

It would be super cool if they do that, but I highly doubt it. Beyonce is a HUGE pop artist that can release an album without prior announcement and still have it do well commercially, while LP needs to do a decent amount of promotion before they drop an album (we all saw what happened after they barely promoted THP).

A7X also release The Stage (album) without any promotion last year, if I'm not wrong.

I mean, not really. Giant projections of their logo all over the world and a #1 trending song on YouTube sounds like some pretty dramatic promotion to me :P

I mean, not really. Giant projections of their logo all over the world and a #1 trending song on YouTube sounds like some pretty dramatic promotion to me :P

Yeah, but the album came from nowhere. Chris Jericho teased an early-december release date but it turned to be a smoke screen.

Yeah, but the album came from nowhere. Chris Jericho teased an early-december release date but it turned to be a smoke screen.

Yeah, this is what I suppose to say. Jericho did this exactly cause The Stage (song) were everywhere, so it was a way to despite the album release. LP probably won't do this, but who knows.

Edited by kiq fLP

I'm ready

It would be super cool if they do that, but I highly doubt it. Beyonce is a HUGE pop artist that can release an album without prior announcement and still have it do well commercially, while LP needs to do a decent amount of promotion before they drop an album (we all saw what happened after they barely promoted THP).

But also keep in mind that THP didn't blow up that well because of its sound. Considering that hard rock isn't mainstream anymore, it makes sense. But seeing as LP is going towards a more pop and R&B-orientated sound, I'm sure that it will receive commercial success regardless.

Edited by Ferny99

Triple 7 is a brand name if i'm not mistaken. Maybe that space is a part of their exhibition/booth.

LOL. Nice find. Of course it's some brand. Nothing LP related in terms of music. Really cleared up a lot, thank you for this post.

What A7X did was they put out just one song, then 2 weeks later they put out an album on both digital and physical platforms, without any album promotion done beforehand. Despite a lower album sales, A7X actually did a quite successful release and their fans (include myself) can enjoy the album in its entirety rather than getting a few songs before the album dropped