LPU 16 has launched

RogueSoul

15094830_10154061251341409_5450801440821

The long-awaited LPU 16 has launched! The band has launched a new site and memberships are available now for the new LPU.

There's some changes from LPU 15, especially regarding packages and merch. There's the standard digital membership that comes with a bunch of fan goodies, such as a digital download of the brand new LPU 16 CD featuring brand new demos (including demos of 'Lies Greed Misery', 'The Catalyst', and 'Bleed It Out'), access to monthly giveaways, and exclusive downloadable content. The digital membership also gives you access to the new Linkin Park smartphone app, where band members and crew members will hold chats.

If you want a physical CD, be sure to order the new Welcome Bundle + Membership package. Only the first batch of orders will be processed into CDs! If you don't hit the deadline, you'll still get a digital copy of the CD. The Welcome Bundle also comes with other goodies like an LPU 16 T-shirt (for both genders), a guitar pick, a laminate + lanyard, and even a handwritten letter from Phoenix. If you want to go all out this year and buy the super limited Deluxe Bundle, you'll get a "We Are LPU" scarf, a limited edition LPU enamel pin, and a pennant.

Here are the full details for each membership bundle. Each bundle has the privileges of the membership before it, with the digital membership having the basic details.

LPU Digital Membership ($10.00)

• 1 Year membership to Linkin Park Underground*
  • Pre-Sale Tickets + Meet & Greet Opportunities
  • Band and Crew chats via the brand new LINKIN PARK App (iOS/Android) ~COMING SOON~**
  • Access to Download Exclusive Content + Music
  • Monthly Giveaways and much more!

LPU 16 Welcome Bundle + Membership ($40.00; $35.00 for current LPU Members)
  • Year 16 Welcome Letter
  • LPU 16 CD (Limited Pressing) + Digital Download
  • LPU 16 T-Shirt (Available in Men's and Women's)
  • LPU Member Laminate + Lanyard
  • LPU 16 Sticker
  • LPU 16 Guitar Pick

Only the first wave of orders will include a physical copy of the LPU 16 CD. After that the LPU 16 Music will only be available as a Digital Download. LPU 16 CD not sold separately.

LPU 16 Deluxe Bundle + Membership (Super Limited!) ($89.00)
  • LPU Welcome Bundle Items
  • We Are LPU Scarf
  • Limited Edition LPU Pennant
  • Limited Edition LPU Enamel Pin

If you already an LPU member, you can purchase some of the merchandise for the following prices:

• LPU 16 Laminate + Lanyard ($5.00)
  • LPU 16 (Digital Download) ($9.99)

The LPU CD tracklist is as follows:

1. The Catalyst (2010 Demo)
  2. Can’t Hurt Me (2014 Demo)
  3. Dark Crystal (2015 Demo)
  4. Air Force One (2015 Demo)
  5. Bleed It Out (2007 Demo)
  6. Consequence A (2010 Demo)
  7. Consequence B (2010 Demo)
  8. Lies Greed Misery (2010 Demo)
  9. Burberry (2015 Demo)
  10. Symphonies Of Light Reprise (2010 Demo)

A new year of the LPU is upon us! Just in time for Linkin Park's tour announcements - we're sure some more dates will be announced soon! Be sure to follow our Twitter and like our Facebook page so you don't miss out on more news. Who's excited for LPU 16?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or the LPU back in the day wasn't as expensive as it is now (at least the more expensive memberships)?

Aside from that, I dig the tracklist a lot, there's a bunch of ATS demos and that BIO demo.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Is it just me or the LPU back in the day wasn't as expensive as it is now (at least the more expensive memberships)?

Aside from that, I dig the tracklist, there's a bunch of ATS demos and that BIO demo.

Right. Adam explained this in 2010~. The prices for everything have risen. To get the stuff manufactured, etc.

I was hoping someone could help me. I just purchased the digital membership, but I can't seem to figure out how to download the album. It says the link will be found in the Web Receipt, but I'm not seeing any links there. Also, in the web receipt, I see this, "Once you join as an LPU member with the Digital Membership, you may go to the LPU Store and get access to exclusive merchandise + music.". I tried going to the LPU store, but I only see the option to buy the CD. Help?

I was hoping someone could help me. I just purchased the digital membership, but I can't seem to figure out how to download the album. It says the link will be found in the Web Receipt, but I'm not seeing any links there. Also, in the web receipt, I see this, "Once you join as an LPU member with the Digital Membership, you may go to the LPU Store and get access to exclusive merchandise + music.". I tried going to the LPU store, but I only see the option to buy the CD. Help?

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the receipt page, you should see something like this:

ecae5d497e98162b38b95fe1a2eff5b52cb3730e

After my first listen, my favorites are Symphonies of Light (I want to add this into ATS between Catalyst and Messenger now), the Bleed It Out demo, Dark Crystal, and the Catalyst demo. Some pretty good stuff this time around. The LGM demo, though, is actually awful.

The Catalyst, Bleed It Out, Consequence A, Lies Greed Misery, and Symphonies of Light all have vocals. Consequence is just "na na na"s, and LGM is all gibberish.

Edited by SasstielExperience

So far

Vocal tracks:

The Catalyst

Bleed It Out (I Think)
Consequence A

Lies Greed Misery (Gibberish)

Don't know about last two

After my first listen, my favorites are Symphonies of Blinding Light (I want to add this into ATS between Catalyst and Messenger now), the Bleed It Out demo, Dark Crystal, and the Catalyst demo. Some pretty good stuff this time around. The LGM demo, though, is actually awful.

Do the last two tracks have vocals?

I tried scrolling down, but there is nothing there :(

Are you sure you purchased the correct package then? It seems you might have purchased the $10 membership-only listing, which would mean you would have to buy the CD separately for $7

Are you sure you purchased the correct package then? It seems you might have purchased the $10 membership-only listing, which would mean you would have to buy the CD separately for $7

Well now I feel dumb. For some reason, I thought it said the package included the digital download. Thank you for clearing it up!

My quick thoughts

The ending to the catalyst is ridinkydonky. No way to back it up at the moment, but this mix feels a little cleaner than the finished version. Overall not much has changed. 7/10

Can't Hurt Me - Sounds like one of the most "live" instrumentals they've done. Usually these instrumentals have the Shinoda touch, the actual live drums and guitar are a nice change. 8/10

Dark Crystal - Instant rap vibe over this track. Sounds like a throwaway for Pusha T, or even somebody with a deep raspy like Trae Tha Truth. I can't find a feel for this, it doesn't sound like it ever had a place with LP or Fort Minor. I feel like Mike would have to produce this for a different artist for it to have been released in any capacity. 5/10

Air Force One - I'm speechless, not in a necessarily good way, but not bad. Very electronic for the first 40 seconds until guitar comes in and it gains an actual LP feel. Short, if you're into this music you'll love it. If not, you'll end up on the other end of the spectrum 5.5/10

Bleed it Out - WOWWWWWWWWW. Better than I thought it would be, and I built it up high in my head. Love the new lyrics, I've always been a fan of a prime Shinoda rap, and his relationship subjects have always been great (cemented behind his urban decay phase) 11/10

Consequence A & B - Best instrumentals besides Can't Hurt Me so far. Feels more like a Living Things seed than an ATS. Heavily electronic, like most so far. 7/10

Lies Greed Misery - written for Donna, that is all. 4/10

Burberry - They've released this before in some capacity. 6/10 still good

Symphonies of Light - Acoustic rendition of the Catalyst. Mellow, beautiful, too short. 8/10

At the end of the day, everybody should realize that they don't have to do this. No matter how bad or how great you think the songs are, they don't have to do this for the fans every year. We should always be grateful of what amazing songs/demos/instrumentals they've released in the past, what they've released today, and what they will in the future. Thx LP for another great LPU!

Edited by Afresh91

My notes. The tracks that were songs that didn't make any of the main albums were garbage as they always are.

01. The Catalyst (2010 Demo): I basically thought it sounded the same as the album version except with the different lyrics at the end of the song. Like JZE said, it's similar to the optional vocal take of Robot Boy we got on LPU11. It's awesome, though, I like it.

05. Bleed It Out (2007 Demo): I thought we would be getting a more completed demo, with completed vocals, just a different take. No way in hell this is from 2007, and I know there will be people out there who will argue with me saying how would I know, etc. but this is definitely from 2006, IMO. Obviously probably not the very first incarnation of the song, but surely an early version of it. Not my favorite, but it's cool to have.

08. Lies Greed Misery (2010 Demo): I kind of dig this one. It's weird, I like it.

10. Symphonies Of Light Reprise (2010 Demo): Reminds me a lot of Fallout and The Requiem in a way, because Fallout was kind of similar with re-using lyrics from BITS and it being an interlude type track as well, and The Requiem used lyrics from The Catalyst as well and was also an interlude/intro type of track. It's cool to have.

Edited by Geki