LPU 15 7th Track - TooLeGit (2010 Demo)

danielpsoad-09

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool sound to this one. Definitely unique.

This is the first time we've heard Chester scat vocals (started during MTM era but still used obviously in demos) on a released song, right? Japan (Across The Line demo) had some on the MTM DVD.

I'm glad they kept the vocals. Anything with scat vocals to me is much better than a two minute instrumental. It reminds me of the LOATR Fear demo on LPU9 - a few established lyrics and a few scat vocals.

Really cool track.

Hope the next album will have a similar sound.

Can anyone do the verse's lyrics?

Reaching out

Our hands grasp onto hope

This desert land

We feel the soil choke

Pray for the rain that never seems to come

Plant the seed that's burning in my sun

Not 100% on the last line, but the rest I'm pretty sure is right. I almost think it should be soul, but I hear a pretty distinct n sound at the end of the line.

Edited by SasstielExperience

I love the melodies and the MPC sample in the background. They should be aiming for this in the next album.

However it seems they might be scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of finished stuff they have, or they're deliberately releasing unfinished, really short songs. They have tons of alternate demos for MTM and ATS songs lying around, those would be nice to have, if they're not restricted by the label or some shit.

I love the melodies and the MPC sample in the background. They should be aiming for this in the next album.

However it seems they might be scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of finished stuff they have, or they're deliberately releasing unfinished, really short songs. They have tons of alternate demos for MTM and ATS songs lying around, those would be nice to have, if they're not restricted by the label or some shit.

They have released one full, finished song through LPU: Across The Line. I think the fact that 4/7 of this LPU so far have had vocals says that they're FAR from just scratching the bottom of the barrel for these demos. Bottom of the barrel would be an LPU album with nothing but short, seed-level instrumentals.

They have released one full, finished song through LPU: Across The Line. I think the fact that 4/7 of this LPU so far have had vocals says that they're FAR from just scratching the bottom of the barrel for these demos. Bottom of the barrel would be an LPU album with nothing but short, seed-level instrumentals.

SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT.

Dedicated

Standing In The Middle

What We Don't Know

I Have Not Begun

Pretend To Be

Slip

Blue

So Far Away

Chance Of Rain

I would include songs like Sold My Soul, Pale, and Coal too. But that's just me.

They have plenty of songs with vocals. But I don't think we need 10-12 with vocals every CD; they'd run out really quickly. They can't have THAT many.

There are a few things we obviously want like Pictureboard, My December Team Sleep remix, Technique (Full) and more, but I don't think they'll ever release any of those.

They have released ATL, What We Don't Know, Blue, Slip, So Far Away, Pretend to Be, I Have Not Begun and what could be considered full releases Primo and Esaúl. Everything else has either been a half-finished demo like Asbestos or Debris, a demo/alternate version or an instrumental. Shit, bring it on, I love all these demos/instrumentals and my favourite hobby is to collect them but it's just not believable that they don't have more finished demos/alternate versions of songs lying around in the hard drives.

Edited by linkinepi

Dedicated

Standing In The Middle

What We Don't Know

I Have Not Begun

Pretend To Be

Slip

Blue

So Far Away

Chance Of Rain

I would include songs like Sold My Soul, Pale, and Coal too. But that's just me.

They have plenty of songs with vocals. But I don't think we need 10-12 with vocals every CD; they'd run out really quickly. They can't have THAT many.

There are a few things we obviously want like Pictureboard, My December Team Sleep remix, Technique (Full) and more, but I don't think they'll ever release any of those.

None of those songs are finished. :P

I was taking the piss out of the dude's full, finished comment. Like, 99% of the stuff they've released from day one, barring live stuff, obviously, hasn't been finished.

Just because they are demos that doesn't mean that they are unfinished

There are actual quotes from the band saying that some of them are unfinished. The only reason I even think ATL was done was because it was, to put it in simpler terms, almost track 14 on MTM, with NRL being 13. Standing In The Middle is more than likely finished. That's it. The ones on the LPU CDs are the most finished VERSIONS of them, if you want to go that route. They're as finished as they were ever going to be since they were abandoned in favor of the songs that actually made the albums.

Also, way for you guys to completely focus on the wrong point of the post.

They have released one full, finished song through LPU: Across The Line.

What We Don't Know? Pretend to Be? Blue? Slip? Dedicated? Standing in the Middle? QWERTY studio version? I Have Not Begun? So Far Away? The two LPU Sessions songs? Chance of Rain?

If it's a full-length song with completed lyrics and isn't an earlier version of an album song, it's still a finished song...saying otherwise is like saying the tracks on the HTEP are "unfinished." Some of the instrumentals may have been intended to be instrumentals all along as well (Announcement Service Public and Pale come to mind), in which case they'd be finished too.

And What We Don't Know is a 100% completed honest-to-goodness Minutes to Midnight b-side, just like No Roads Left, Blackbirds, and Across the Line. It was mixed by Neal Avron for potential album inclusion and didn't make the final tracklisting.

Also, Chester sounds "different" on this because he isn't Auto Tuned all to hell like he is on the albums. No point in doing a bunch of extra vocal production on a demo with like 4 lines of lyrics and a scat chorus.

Edited by Astat

What We Don't Know? Pretend to Be? Blue? Slip? Dedicated? Standing in the Middle? QWERTY studio version? I Have Not Begun? So Far Away? The two LPU Sessions songs? Chance of Rain?

If it's a full-length song with completed lyrics and isn't an earlier version of an album song, it's still a finished song...saying otherwise is like saying the tracks on the HTEP are "unfinished." Some of the instrumentals may have been intended to be instrumentals all along as well (Announcement Service Public and Pale come to mind), in which case they'd be finished too.

And What We Don't Know is a 100% completed honest-to-goodness Minutes to Midnight b-side, just like No Roads Left, Blackbirds, and Across the Line. It was mixed by Neal Avron for potential album inclusion and didn't make the final tracklisting.

Also, way for you guys to completely focus on the wrong point of the post.

I actually did initially include WWDK along with ATL as a full, finished song, but someone (Brad, I think) said it was never finished. In hindsight, I probably should have remembered that pretty much none of them know what they're talking about. :P