LPTV: Welcome (Demo)

RogueSoul

A new LPTV has aired, featuring Mike showing a demo version of "Welcome" to the band for the first time and getting their feedback.

Something interesting to note is that it appears that Mike has more songs worked on than just 'Welcome' - names like 'Spiral', 'All Our Days (?)' and 'Last Straw', the latter of which became 'Welcome', were mentioned in the video. What do you think? Are you interested in hearing some of the other new Fort Minor demos come to life? This was a meeting for Linkin Park demos, so other songs mentioned in it are obviously geared towards LP and not FM. But there's possibilities!

lol Chester was so fucking bored he didn't give a shit about the song, interesting.

Mike is a control freak "will we play it at our shows? YES"

Chester's just laying back, taking it all in. It's not about caring or not, you can't just be actively doing something and be expected to give all of your feedback like that. Additionally, he's probably still in a bit of pain (it clearly shows he's still in a cast at that point) so he doesn't want to be walking around or doing something that he'd usually do. Plus, dog.

They clearly cut out parts of the conversation for the sake of brevity. It's not being a "control freak" as much as it is trying to have a discussion with the band about HOW, if that song became a Fort Minor song, it would be promoted and performed live.

I wouldn't say that Chester doesn't care dude. Watch any LPTV or making of and you will see that he kicks back and let's Mike do his thing. He lets Mike have creative contr. he even said he slept a lot during the making of The Hunting Party. And there is the infamous Minutes to Midnight making of photo with him with his hoodie up sleeping while Mike is working. And during the making of A Thousand Suns, Mike had to ask Chester if he was paying attention, etc. Chester is just a chill guy who kicks back. He even said his favorite radio station on Apple Music is ''electro chill''.

Anyways, this is cool. I like when they show is making of stuff.

This is how a business makes decisions. Sit around, brainstorm, discuss, make decisions and go with it. I like that after 15 years they can still sit around and say no Mike, go with what you want. As long as this communication continues, the band will continue. Keep it up

At 1:52 it looks like a list of demos, where members are supposed to write notes about each one. I think it is possible to figure them out somehow, I think we need to find the moment where the list is least blurry/most focused, take a picture of it and zoom.I guess that

Nope, I guess that's demo lyrics for Welcome

But Mike's list has some demo titles, but I can't figure them out

Edited by DystopianBy

This was from several months ago and it was Mike's ideas he had done on his own. If they will work on an album in September, then all the band will be involved in if.

I would be willing to bet money that a lot of LP's music starts as one guy's idea which is then shown to the band and expanded on. For all we know, the other songs mentioned might have been ideas he wanted to work on and turn into Linkin Park songs.

It seems like you're saying that these ideas can't be for LP since Mike started on them by himself, but I don't think that's true.

I would be willing to bet money that a lot of LP's music starts as one guy's idea which is then shown to the band and expanded on. For all we know, the other songs mentioned might have been ideas he wanted to work on and turn into Linkin Park songs.

It seems like you're saying that these ideas can't be for LP since Mike started on them by himself, but I don't think that's true.

No I didn't mean that it couldn't be LP songs because it was only Mike's work, in fact most of the demos are started by Mike or Brad before the rest of the band hears them.