2014.08.21 - Darien Center, NY (10th LPU Summit)

RogueSoul

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, look at Brad's guitar, there isn't a hole, it is covered with a black thing. Can somebody (Astat) explain this? I guess that's the reason they needed mike, that Mike though was a nice mike

The oh oh oh part could have been better

I think the oh oh part was sung well, but not as in the studio version (the way I like more)

I heard about that too. It was some older woman who was constantly blowing up on her kid all day or something. Weird.

APFMH on the set to close... wow. It's never closed before. This was seen on a setlist backstage around noon (just before noon). I guess they said screw it and let Mike do RME instead.

Mike in Holmdel said he knew we wanted APFMH but he was outvoted by the other band members and LP is a democracy.... Blah.

This encore is pretty bad...it's the only part of the set I can legit say SUCKS. Shortened singles might be even worse than the BID/ITE/BIO encore from 2012-2013 haha. The point of the encore is to bring some huge energy....Carnivores tour with "visceral" sound etc doesn't mean open the encore with a shortened BID, lmfao.

Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)

A Place For My Head

Faint

One Step Closer

^good encore for this tour

More realistically:

Until It's Gone (European Tour Intro)

Lost In The Echo

A Place For My Head

Bleed It Out (even though I hate it closing. but put the APFMH bridge in there as a reprise and we'd be talking business.)

By the way, look at Brad's guitar, there isn't a hole, it is covered with a black thing. Can somebody (Astat) explain this? I guess that's the reason they needed mike, that Mike though was a nice mike

I think the oh oh part was sung well, but not as in the studio version (the way I like more)

Thats always been something LP's used on their acoustic guitars and very common in general, it's a feedback eliminator. You just pop it in the soundhole and it reduces the amount of vibration that travels through the top of the guitar. Any kind of hollowbody guitar is prone to feedback when plugged in because they pick up EVERYTHING. I can plug in my acoustic/electric and make it feedback by blowing on it. :lol:

BTW, Brad hates A Place For My Head about as much as Chester hates Runaway. He never wants to play it.

Edited by Astat

I can't believe they were actually going to play APFMH and dropped it. I hope they will still play it in one of the next shows. Even if they don't want the song to have a regular spot in the set, they can still play it occasionally, since it's a fan favorite. It will make the encore better, and I believe a lot of fans would love seeing this song live.

BTW, Brad hates A Place For My Head about as much as Chester hates Runaway. He never wants to play it.

Where'd you find that?

This encore is pretty bad...it's the only part of the set I can legit say SUCKS. Shortened singles might be even worse than the BID/ITE/BIO encore from 2012-2013 haha. The point of the encore is to bring some huge energy....Carnivores tour with "visceral" sound etc doesn't mean open the encore with a shortened BID, lmfao.

Lost In The Echo (2012 Intro)

A Place For My Head

Faint

One Step Closer

^good encore for this tour

More realistically:

Until It's Gone (European Tour Intro)

Lost In The Echo

A Place For My Head

Bleed It Out (even though I hate it closing. but put the APFMH bridge in there as a reprise and we'd be talking business.)

BIO with the APFMH bridge wouldn't be so bad, though most (or all) of us would prefer it being played in full, UIG too.

Wow, I'm sitting in the parking lot at Darien Lake right now. I did the Summit and show today/tonight. Was pretty damn epic. The Summit was cool, but it was kind of rushed and out of order and stuff and the Meet & Greet seemed like it went by faster than previous ones I have been to at this tour. Final Masquerade acoustic was just plain awesome, it sounded good. I'm glad they played that instead of The Messenger. Overall I would say Camden 2012 was a better Summit. It just ain't the same without Adam, either.

As far as the show goes, it was very good. I didn't get to see AFI's set at this show because of the Meet & Greet, but I did get to catch Thirty Seconds To Mars. I originally had lawn tickets but I was upgraded to pretty good seats. Thirty Seconds To Mars played really well, IMO, maybe better than in Holmdel and Wantagh. Jared climes this huge tower in the middle of the seating that was holding up the tent and the guards freaked out. He also did what he has been doing by bringing up fans on stage at the end as well as singing with them and stuff during his acoustic performance.

LP played very good, they sounded solid. I was hoping for something special tonight or maybe the debut of another song from THP, but I suppose I should stop wishing by now. Mike did rap RME over BIO, dedicated to the LPU, and just like at SSMF last year, I was the only one around me rapping it. Lol. Mike and Chester went into the crowd quite a lot and they looked like they were having a blast.

Overall, good day and night, now anxiously waiting for the pics to be posted on LPU.

hey! Happy you had a good time yesterday. I would love to hear your feedback on the summit. Please send me all feedback, good and bad.

send me an email here: lpuhq@lpunderground.com

Thanks!

Lorenzo

Where'd you find that?

BIO with the APFMH bridge wouldn't be so bad, though most (or all) of us would prefer it being played in full, UIG too.

During the first part of the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle, when the band not playing APFMH was a completely foregin concept to us, a lot of fans asked Mike about it during M&G's, and his response was always something along the lines of "ask Brad Delson, playing that song would be up to him."

During the first part of the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle, when the band not playing APFMH was a completely foreign concept to us, a lot of fans asked Mike about it during M&G's, and his response was always something along the lines of "ask Brad Delson, playing that song would be up to him."

That doesn't necessarily mean he hates it. He could be not want to play the song, or could've grown tired of it.

Chester shouted at the crazy woman who was at the summit all day long??? Holy shit I need to hear the whole story, that woman was awful. Wouldn't stop harrassing Lorenzo and getting in the way of everything.

Haha I remember that lady, she was also at the Porsche Design thing in NYC that I went to as well.

Anyone get any photos of the gear during the stage walk? Theres been little to no 'activity' from people who attended the summit unlike previous times. Normally theres a thousand of photos circulating by now.

Anyone get any photos of the gear during the stage walk? Theres been little to no 'activity' from people who attended the summit unlike previous times. Normally theres a thousand of photos circulating by now.

I took a bunch of pics of me with Rob's drumset, Mike's keypad, holding Delson's guitars, etc.. I will try and upload them soon.