Los Angeles, CA show being webcasted via VyRT

RogueSoul

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I cannot fucking wait for this tour to be over and I can forget about Thirty Seconds To Mars. I have never hated a band, but I'm growing increasingly more hatred for Thirty Seconds To Mars every time that I read anything about them on my favorite Linkin Park fansite.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I cannot fucking wait for this tour to be over and I can forget about Thirty Seconds To Mars. I have never hated a band, but I'm growing increasingly more hatred for Thirty Seconds To Mars every time that I read anything about them on my favorite Linkin Park fansite.

+9000 :excl: Me too.

"one time only" is good advertisement haha, and is the whole point to sell this thing, if you don't pay, you'll miss it, basically just like a normal concert...

In the trailer it says "watch with your friends", so if someone does a viewing party for this, it technically "hurts" VyRT as well because only one person buys a ticket and others watch it for free.

I'm pretty sure this stream gets "pirated" if you like it or not, I bet they even add encryption to this but that's not stopping people. There's nothing you can do about it, enough people will pay for it anyway, there's absolutely no harm done.

Geki and Joze, Soul being a fan of 30STM has nothing to do with the other bands paragraph, they will be replaced with Of Mice & Men for the European Tour etc.. This "VyRT thread" is because the LP webcast, not for 30STM.

You don't like it? Skip on it.

Geki and Joze, Soul being a fan of 30STM has nothing to do with the other bands paragraph, they will be replaced with Of Mice & Men for the European Tour etc.. This "VyRT thread" is because the LP webcast, not for 30STM.

You don't like it? Skip on it.

I respect your command, I will not post about my dislike for them anymore. It's more that I dislike their attitude, because some of their music is ok.

Edited by Geki

I bet they say fuck it and play Set A for this show since it's being broadcasted.

Definitely agree with you. They changed the sets in 2012 to make sure Carson and Sao Paulo both got Set A so I bet they do the same here. Whatever their "most comfortable" setlist is, they'll use that. And it's always the first one. 2007 was Set C. 2012 Berlin was the Headlining Set.

Definitely agree with you. They changed the sets in 2012 to make sure Carson and Sao Paulo both got Set A so I bet they do the same here. Whatever their "most comfortable" setlist is, they'll use that. And it's always the first one. 2007 was Set C. 2012 Berlin was the Headlining Set.

Do they have to pay something to Jay if they play the DOYS sample? that might be the reason to not play B.

Do they have to pay something to Jay if they play the DOYS sample? that might be the reason to not play B.

Funny, Ive been reading into this a bit lately with the whole 'royalies' of covers etc in a live performance environment. I know its easier to track studio records and pay royalities where needed for record sales but Live is a different story. I got this reply. The only issue with this is LP falls into a special catagoriy because they collabrating on this track so I dont know if because LP own at least half of the rights, if they are required to pay any sort of $$$ to Jay-Z.

I work for a company which collects the royalties in the UK,

When bands/singers perform someone elses song in public the venue will have to pay a set fee to us, this will then pay the composer of the song. Please note that it is the composers/writers of the song and not that band that gets the money.

The reason the venues pay for it is because they are the ones making the money out of people paying to go into the venue. The artist who performed then gets paid by the venue, and the composer of whatever song was played also gets paid by us from the fees collected from the venue; as their piece of work was played. The performer is getting paid for their performance rather than the music. For example, if they also wrote the song they would be getting money from the venue and then the money we collected from the venue for the composers. However generally only 1-2 band members actually write the songs of the whole band.

Here in the UK PPL deals with recordings. When you buy a CD, for example, the money will go completely to the band and not to the composer. PPL I know a little less about so I may be wrong here. If you want to record a cover of a song it gets a bit more complicated, I don't have enough knowledge of this.

Sorry if its gone off topic but I thought I'd share my recent research. Ironically, LPs covers of Nine Inch Nails and Adele actually make me look into this topic.