Linkin Park Playing Ventura, CA Vans Warped Tour

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If LP ever decided to stop touring someday and just write and release music like a lot of artists do, I could definitely see them doing Warped Tour. They could pretty much play whatever they want and just have fun. They wouldn't have to hire their own crew to set up stage, etc, because Warped does all that and stuff. I am really digging this Warped Tour show, a lot. It reminds me a lot of PR07 and PR08, so maybe it's just nostalgia kicking in, but PR07 was the first tour I ever went to and it was really fun, it was like this epic all day expierience with tons of people and bands and you could just have fun and enjoy it all.

If LP ever decided to stop touring someday and just write and release music like a lot of artists do, I could definitely see them doing Warped Tour. They could pretty much play whatever they want and just have fun. They wouldn't have to hire their own crew to set up stage, etc, because Warped does all that and stuff. I am really digging this Warped Tour show, a lot. It reminds me a lot of PR07 and PR08, so maybe it's just nostalgia kicking in, but PR07 was the first tour I ever went to and it was really fun, it was like this epic all day expierience with tons of people and bands and you could just have fun and enjoy it all.

yeah I loved projekt rev at Milton Keynes bowl. the dvd dose not do it justice,there where 55 thousand people there for LP and they where all mental. Iv been to 2001 LP show that was ace, but Milton Keynes was mental. 55thousand LP fans, it was a ball hope they do somthing like that again.LP don't need to play other festivals they could do there own pull the crowed and have better crowd then download festival. Edited by HAARP

I don't know where I should write this but a Brazilian website called Mais Discos que Amigos (more albums than friends, in English) published an interview with Rob and it is pretty cool. He said about how he recorded the drums on The Hunting Party, World Cup, European Tour, the next South American Tour, Tom Morello, Daron Malakian, his friendships and favorite songs.

http://www.tenhomais...wesm=tmd.qa_d4H

This album cycle has definitely been the most fun to follow since I started following the band.

The band seem to be trying hard to earn their fans for this album. What they've done with the iHeartRadio & KROQ / Red Bull shows has been really personable and a great way to try to connect with old and news fans alike. The setlists have been really great for the fans. Now the Warped Tour show, and pulling on guests, has been so fun and also shows how the band is trying to earn their fans one show (and collaboration) at a time.

The Hunting Party is not only a great album name, but a great description for their marketing tactics / the way they have handled the release so far.

Unfortunately, 15-year old music fans in 2000 were an entirely different breed of people than 15-year old music fans in 2014. 2000 fans were probably more angsty, but didn't have nearly as big of a sense of entitlement or elitism.

Umm...no. Teenagers will be teenagers. My dad's contemporary 15-year-old rebels had the same mindset in the 1980's and it occurred when I was in Junior High/High School in the 2000's.

I understand where Astat was coming from in his post. I grew up in a small town in Massachusetts, I still live here, and most of the people in my area in the local music scene are very snobbish in that regard and sure enough, they all go to Warped Tour and such every year. They either like the extremely heavy music in which you cannot understand the vocalist at all throughout the song with heavy distortion, or they like the bands that they think are indie or folk or whatever that are actually on a major label and play major festivals like Warped Tour. My very first memory of high school was the very first day and I wore a Linkin Park backpack to school (keep in mind this was 2004) and the first thing someone told me was ''Linkin Park sucks you faggot''. I would get picked on a lot for loving LP. LP was literally all I listened to for years so I guess I deserved it a bit, but still. I also got my very first job at my local Mall when I was 16 at a hat store called Lids. We were allowed to play our own music on a little boombox and I was playing Meteora on it one day and one of the girls from our local Hot Topic came down to my store and told me ''Chester sounds like he got kicked in the face and died''. People give me shit all the time for liking LP because they are ''mainstream'' or ''shit music'', etc and sure enough each one of those people listened to the kind of music I listed above and went to Warped each year.

Make Chester a ''screamer'' in Linkin Park and leave all the singing to Mike. Chester has STP now which focuses a lot on his singing and now that he has a new band, let Mike take over for LP as far as singing. Mike can rap in a song in which Chester does his screaming. If that were to happen, LP would be way better off live. Chester generally is sounding A+ with his screaming at recent shows, but his singing is maybe a C+, he seems to struggle with the singing songs. We have all heard Mike sing at this point and he has got a lot better in recent years, listen to how good he sounds on stuff like Castle Of Glass, Rebellion, A Line In The Sand, Luna and Ammosick from Mall, etc. He improved a lot from his singing on MTM & ATS, IMO, so leave that to Shinoda to handle. Shinoda won't ever have to strain his voice to much or anything because he will never be screaming.

We'd have no live show then considering Mike won't (can't) perform NRL live because "it takes a ton out of him".

Make Chester a ''screamer'' in Linkin Park and leave all the singing to Mike. Chester has STP now which focuses a lot on his singing and now that he has a new band, let Mike take over for LP as far as singing. Mike can rap in a song in which Chester does his screaming. If that were to happen, LP would be way better off live. Chester generally is sounding A+ with his screaming at recent shows, but his singing is maybe a C+, he seems to struggle with the singing songs. We have all heard Mike sing at this point and he has got a lot better in recent years, listen to how good he sounds on stuff like Castle Of Glass, Rebellion, A Line In The Sand, Luna and Ammosick from Mall, etc. He improved a lot from his singing on MTM & ATS, IMO, so leave that to Shinoda to handle. Shinoda won't ever have to strain his voice to much or anything because he will never be screaming.

Yeah, Mike improved his singing a lot since Meteora era, but he still isn't better than Chester. Chester sings much harder parts than Mike, Chester parts contains singing at higher, more intensive and longer notes, and he sings much more. What fails Chester's voice now, is that his voice got more hoarse, and he can't hold some notes, for example Faint. He wouldn't be good screamer neither, just look how he screams in Faint. But he would be still a better screamer than Oliver Sykes. What I think is strange in Chester's voice is that, there is some parts that he is almost perfect, while there are similar parts where he isn't that good. For example screams in APFMH vs. Faint.

I understand where Astat was coming from in his post. I grew up in a small town in Massachusetts, I still live here, and most of the people in my area in the local music scene are very snobbish in that regard and sure enough, they all go to Warped Tour and such every year. They either like the extremely heavy music in which you cannot understand the vocalist at all throughout the song with heavy distortion, or they like the bands that they think are indie or folk or whatever that are actually on a major label and play major festivals like Warped Tour. My very first memory of high school was the very first day and I wore a Linkin Park backpack to school (keep in mind this was 2004) and the first thing someone told me was ''Linkin Park sucks you faggot''. I would get picked on a lot for loving LP. LP was literally all I listened to for years so I guess I deserved it a bit, but still. I also got my very first job at my local Mall when I was 16 at a hat store called Lids. We were allowed to play our own music on a little boombox and I was playing Meteora on it one day and one of the girls from our local Hot Topic came down to my store and told me ''Chester sounds like he got kicked in the face and died''. People give me shit all the time for liking LP because they are ''mainstream'' or ''shit music'', etc and sure enough each one of those people listened to the kind of music I listed above and went to Warped each year.

It's good that you kept being a LP fan, here you won't get picked on for being a LP fan :)

warped tour is an utter joke with mostly horrible bands but thats cool i guess LP did this. MGK or w/e the eff his name is..trash

"A lot of bands are afraid to align with one another on record and on tour. Maybe it’s a credibility issue, or a snobbery issue, or maybe it’s just because rock bands are loners. Whatever the case, everyone else in every popular genre gets it, and they’re reaping the benefits." - Mike Shinoda

There is no reason to spread hate about one rock band when you enjoy another. If they're not your style, that's cool, leave them be. If Linkin Park want to associate themselves with other rock bands, power to them.

"A lot of bands are afraid to align with one another on record and on tour. Maybe it’s a credibility issue, or a snobbery issue, or maybe it’s just because rock bands are loners. Whatever the case, everyone else in every popular genre gets it, and they’re reaping the benefits." - Mike Shinoda

There is no reason to spread hate about one rock band when you enjoy another. If they're not your style, that's cool, leave them be. If Linkin Park want to associate themselves with other rock bands, power to them.

Theres also good and bad music and that dude's music is straight gutter. There's also integrity to music and musicianship. MGK is not a rock band

Waiting for LOST IN THE ECHO (feat. Dangerkids)

What? Dangerkids? all of their songs sounds like Lost In The Echo.

I remember Chester said that he don't likes when someone rips off LP sound, but here's what I found "Got to legitimately kick it with Chester today! Such a cool dude. Talked to us for about 30 minutes and said they like dangerkids. Mind blown!" http://wearedangerkids.com/

That was the joke, sir.

Well what is Chester gonna say even if he didn't like their music? ''I think your music fucking sucks.''? He was asked if he liked DJ Lethal and Slipknot in the 2011 LPU Chat and he just said ''yeah they're awesome''. He might genuinely like their music, though, I'm not trying to judge anyone's taste here.