Favorite album  

69 members have voted

1. 1. The Hunting Party not available

• Hybrid Theory
    • Meteora
    • Minutes To Midnight
    • A Thousand Suns
    • Living Things

It's fascinating how well ATS is doing. I never really thought ATS was so popular here - not that it's shit on or anything, but I just feel like there would be a much heavier slant towards HT / Meteora, with MTM close behind.

THe albums I like to listen to the most are HT and Meteora

HT wins simply because it is their debut album which gives it a special standing for me.

Of course this doesn't mean that all other are albums are bad. I don't care if a song or album is creative, complex, lyrically great or anything....If it sounds good in my ears I'm satisfied.

Edited by wiiesel

ATS. a great concept executed brilliantly. there're so many layers to the words, the art, the soundscape, it's still one of my favourite albums LP has produced as a whole package.

ATS. a great concept executed brilliantly. there're so many layers to the words, the art, the soundscape, it's still one of my favourite albums LP has produced as a whole package.

This. What i love about ATS isn't just the music. It's just like you, i love everything about it. Whenever the band were giving us all the hints and puzzles, that was so cool. Everything about that album cycle was so cool.

Here is my favorite albums as whole, not the songs from them, then the list would be completely different. I of course love all of them, but I had to judge which I love the most.

1.Hybrid Theory EP (why isn't it on the list? it's a studio album) is my favorite album, probably the most mysterious and atmospheric album of LP, always gives me goosebumps, I think Ambient (ending of Part Of Me) is the best instrumental ever. Very emotional.

2.A Thousand Suns is very close to be my favorite album, as atmospheric as HT EP, the sound of it is incredible.

3.Hybrid Theory is my 3rd favorite album, contains very much that "teenage anger" and is pretty heavy, it's also atmospheric and very emotional. Very energetic

4.Minutes To Midnight is pretty emotional and atmospheric album, the last part of it contains too much mellow stuff that sound pretty alike and aren't specially attractive for me, TLTGA gives an amazing ending

5.Living Things is very close to be on 4th place on my list, pretty energetic, emotional and energetic.

6.Meteora is my least favorite LP album, contains too much stuff that sound alike. It is emotional, energetic and a bit atmospheric.

Here is my favorite albums as whole, not the songs from them, then the list would be completely different. I of course love all of them, but I had to judge which I love the most.

1.Hybrid Theory EP (why isn't it on the list? it's a studio album)

1) It was released by a band called Hybrid Theory

2) It's an EP

I absolutely love ATS concept;

But the only album I can listen from front to back is HT (rank 1st very closely) and MTM.

But I've the feeling that The Hunting Party gonna change my mind

Hybrid Theory will always have that nostalgic feeling for me, it really got me into music and it doesn't really get old for me. I find it to be a classic. ATS is also great and it has some of LP's best songs imo (BITS, Blackout), but it also contains the interludes which I almost always skip and The Catalyst (I hate that song so much). In third comes MTM, I love the natural feel of the album and it has some awesome songs (HHH, In Pieces, Given Up). In fourth we have Meteora, I love the artwork and the name of the album and it contains some awesome songs (Faint, BTH), but there a so many mediocre songs that don't really stand out for me. I love listening to Figure.09 in occasions but they are not so great for me. Last and defenitly least comes LT! That one aged very poorly. It al feels very mediocre and doesn't really stand out. I like LITE cause of its intro but the rest is just.... not so good. The differance between LT en M for me is Breaking The Habit, a song which will always be in my all time top 5 favorite songs.

Lets hope THP will join ranks with HT and ATS or even surpass it! The artwork shows its off to a good start, just as GATS and UIG!

Hybrid Theory (energy, classic, good mix between rock, electronica and rap) >= A Thousand Suns (full of creativity, experimental, depth lyrics, special and dark atmosphere) >= Living Things 2nd half (a continuation of ATS, but with a bright atmosphere) >= Minutes to Midnight (rock nature, raw and pureness) > Meteora (just a continuation of HT but having more effects, and more hip-hop style) > Living Things 1st half (just some HT/Meteora-esque songs but more electronic)

Edited by franktaiwan