New Linkin Park Almost Ready?

hahninator

Remember that labels leak things intentionally to up the hype with hardcore fans and to get people talking about the new record, aka to increase first week sales. It's been done a lot in the past decade. No idea if it's been done with LP or not but it does indeed happen and it's a "marketing" technique....

I bought Meteora the day it came out and I actually don't remember if that leaked or not since I was 11 years old, but that was the only album I heard in full the first listen before a leak (after HT and Reanimation). Collision Course leaked and I grabbed that...and the live stuff was on MTV.com and we guessed the URLs way before that came out (they posted like a Jigga What/Faint clip and we guessed URLs for the rest of the live audio....). Every CD from CC to now has leaked, but LIVING THINGS is the only one I waited to have the physical copy for to listen to. I'll wait for the new CD too.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that labels leak things intentionally to up the hype with hardcore fans and to get people talking about the new record, aka to increase first week sales. It's been done a lot in the past decade. No idea if it's been done with LP or not but it does indeed happen and it's a "marketing" technique....

I bought Meteora the day it came out and I actually don't remember if that leaked or not since I was 11 years old, but that was the only album I heard in full the first listen before a leak (after HT and Reanimation). Collision Course leaked and I grabbed that...and the live stuff was on MTV.com and we guessed the URLs way before that came out (they posted like a Jigga What/Faint clip and we guessed URLs for the rest of the live audio....). Every CD from CC to now has leaked, but LIVING THINGS is the only one I waited to have the physical copy for to listen to. I'll wait for the new CD too.

Don't remember what happened with Meteora, MTM was leaked in the last days or April or in the first days of May. ATS was leaked a week before. And Living Things was streamed/leaked by Warner via iTunes.

I don't care about if an album or song is leaked, is part of all of the marketing. Games, shows, movies, everythings is leaked nowadays.

But, have a question here: that 103.3 The Edge, is a prestigious radio in US? I know they hosted festivals, maybe is not the same radio (?).

Feeling like the old guy here being, but Meteora leaked. I remember being unable to pick it up on release day and being upset, but I had definitely heard the album prior to that day. I forget when, but it couldn't have been too early. It was after the Nottingham show, so sometimes between the March 3rd and March 25th. Probably within the same week.

Reanimation goes at tiny bit too far back for me to remember if it leaked in full. I think yes. But several tracks got leaked early, with the remix of Ppr:Kut getting radio play here in New York on KRock before the release date. I remember Enth E Nd leaking what felt like pretty far in advance.

But, have a question here: that 103.3 The Edge, is a prestigious radio in US? I know they hosted festivals, maybe is not the same radio (?).

I don't know about the US, but here in Buffalo area they are the best radio station when it comes to promoting shows, albums, and singles. They are for the most part the first place I hear any new mainstream rock music info from. Sometimes they are spot on with the dates, other times they are off by a few days. Guess it all depends on their source.

Hopefully they release more news soon. Had the radio on all day and still nothing yet.

I think that the rumor they are going to release it today will end up just as a rumor. It seems to random to be true. I believe it will be released in the next couple of weeks. But, there's still time. Maybe they want to release it when almost nobody expects it. We'll just have to wait and see.

I purchased Meteora the day it came out as well, I don't remember if it leaked or not. I was only 12 at the time and I wasn't very active online or anything like that back then. I got it at FYE, I still remember the day. Getting home and putting it in my CD player was so awesome.. I downloaded every leak since Meteora but I always buy the CD on the release date, it's fun to go out and buy it, IMO. For this album, I might give in to the leak (if there is one) but I will definitely go and buy it the day it comes out.

if i remember correctly meteora was leaked on the 17th of march. some of it was well known by then because of the nottingham radio show (don't stay, somewhere i belong, lying from you, faint, from the inside), which was shared right after its online broadcast and i think easier to run and hit the floor were leaked from bootlegs during the lpu tour before release, too.

anyway, fun times.