LP to Headline Greenfield Festival

SpikeMinoda

Linkin Park are going to headline this year's Greenfield Festival in Interlaken, Switzerland and will be the second headliner along with Iron Maiden. The festival will be from June 12 to June 14, 2014. The band will play on the 12th or 13th due to Download taking place on the 14th.

It is so far only confirmed by the Greenfield Festival on their website. Find the information here. The site is only in German.

This will be the first time LP that will return to Switzerland since the 2011 show during Open Air St. Gallen. A lot of you remember that Linkin Park was scheduled for Greenfield Festival in 2008, but they had to cancel Hultsfred and Greenfield because of Brad having an ear infection and he couldn't travel. The cancellation at that time read, "We have been forced to cancel tonight's concert at the Hultsfred Festival in Sweden and tomorrow night's show at the Greenfield Festival in Interlaken, Switzerland as guitarist Brad Delson is ill and under doctor's orders to rest for a few days. We sincerely regret this unavoidable cancellation and apologize to fans for any disappointment caused."

Tickets are on sale already and will cost 198 CHF (around 175 €). You can order your tickets here.

1/14 UPDATE: Confirmed by the band here.

Dates are being announced quickly. Seems like the European tour will be a nice one. I really think they should start adding some headline shows, but those will probably be announced closer to May/June.

I'd say in about a month they'll announce those. I'm sure they'll play one other German show at least, but if they play 2 they'll announce those at the same time. Countries that get 2+ headline shows usually get them both announced at once.

I bet they'll return to Russia for a headline show, possibly play Italy, definitely play France and England, and of course hit some obscure other areas.

Has LP even ever played in Hungary? :P I guess soon would be a good time in their career to make it to Budapest. I'm surprised they haven't played in Prague either in a long time. But at least in Hungary you can travel to Austria, Romania, Germany, etc.

Wow, seems like LP is doing a full-on tour for 2014 playing tons of places.

Dude they're dropping an album and doing a full European Tour and USA Tour.

Has LP even ever played in Hungary? :P I guess soon would be a good time in their career to make it to Budapest. I'm surprised they haven't played in Prague either in a long time. But at least in Hungary you can travel to Austria, Romania, Germany, etc.

Seems very similar to 2012 when they did Europe/US and dropped LT, it will also probably be around the same time that they release the new album. I hope the US tour is cool. Not really for them trying to do a PR type thing again but something different like the HCT would be awesome.

I think they will play only a few more shows in europe in summer. maybe 6 more shows than they will play a US tour in august/ september and than they will come back to europe for a full 4 weeks euro tour in fall (maybe october/november), because it makes no sense that they will only play 2 festivals and maybe 2 headline shows in germany.... here in germany LP makes the big money with their ticket prices. watch out the different prices between germany and the other countries with the Euro like 2008. 64 euros berlin show in june and in riga only ~35 euros.

but we will see^^

Okay, it's about time they hit Bulgaria, but let's not be the 'COME TO BRAZIL, PLEASE!!!' guy. :lol: I do hope so, but if not - Romania again, please? Or Serbia for the first time? Even Greece might work out, although I prefer the former two. Can't wait to see the band for the very first time! The crowds here (especially Bulgaria and Serbia) are insane, give us a chance!

Edited by dark_master

In 2012 they dropped also an album and played in Europe only a few festivals and 2 solo shows ... So I don't expect too much for this year.

But at least this time I can go to 2 shows. Going to RiP for 100% and for like 75% to Greenfield, but only for LP!

. here in germany LP makes the big money with their ticket prices. watch out the different prices between germany and the other countries with the Euro like 2008. 64 euros berlin show in june and in riga only ~35 euros.

but we will see^^

To be fair, Riga had way worse production value than the Berlin show, but I agree with you overall. I still laugh how cheap the ticket price for my first LP gig was:D. Now i literally pay hundreds of euros for each concert (plane tickets+hotel etc).

In 2012 they dropped also an album and played in Europe only a few festivals and 2 solo shows ... So I don't expect too much for this year.

But at least this time I can go to 2 shows. Going to RiP for 100% and for like 75% to Greenfield, but only for LP!

Fuck that man, go to Download! :D