Linkin Park Headlining Rock am Ring and Rock im Park 2014

Skipees

From LP.com:

"Wie gehts Deutschland - We're excited to announce that we'll be headlining Rock am Ring and Rock im Park alongside Metallica, Kings of Leon, and Iron Maiden. Tickets for both festivals go on sale tomorrow, November 27th at 9AM CET (12:00AM PST) on www.eventim.de. See you in June. -Phoenix"

Rock am Ring will take place June 5-8, while Rock im Park will be from June 6-9. This will be Linkin Park's fifth show at both festivals since 2001. As of right now, these two shows join Download on June 14 as the three shows announced so far for LP in Europe next summer. In a cool move by another band, Metallica has confirmed that they'll play one new song but let fans decide their 17 other songs in their setlists. Nice!

Right now it is unclear about Hybrid Theory being played in full at these shows, but with no announcement of it from the band, it seems unlikely. The Download-exclusive Hybrid Theory set might just happen one time, but we are hoping it's done elsewhere....

Who's going?

2/12/14 UPDATE: Linkin Park will play Rock am Ring on June 7th and Rock im Park on June 8th. Iron Maiden has added a show in Brno on June 8th, meaning that they will headline Rock im Park on the 9th. Here are the headliners for both festivals:

Rock am Ring

5 june IRON MAIDEN

6 june KINGS OF LEON

7 june LINKIN PARK

8 june METALLICA

Rock im Park

6 june METALLICA

7 june KINGS OF LEON

8 june LINKIN PARK

9 june IRON MAIDEN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There not you might get few hybrid songs they haven't played in awhile, but I know from people at download that LP have said they only wanna do one show in europ playing hybrid in full. america might get one off show to,but download will be only show where they play hybrid from start to Finnish.other shows may have by myself and forgotten and few others minus one or two songs from hybrid, but download has been announced as a one off special show as it was the promoters of downloads idea to do it,and they had to really push LP to do it, and pay them a lot of cash according to andy who runs the festival.

Edited by HAARP

There not you might get few hybrid songs they haven't played in awhile but I know from people at download that LP have said they only wanna do one show in europ playing hybrid in full america might get one off show to but download will be only show where they play hybrid from start to Finnish other shows may have by myself and forgotten and few others minus one or two songs from hybrid but download has been announced as a one off special show as it was the promoters of downloads idea to do it and they had to really push LP to do it

I have some gifts for you: ................................................................................

Please feel free to use them in the future.

rock am ring has already had Hybrid Theory full :)

Not at one time. 2001 had 11 of the 12, but that's an ignorant post. The UK has had Hybrid Theory in full too, years ago, if we're going by what you say :P

That's a shame they do it only once in Europe, if that's true. Hopefully the USA can do it but the band doesn't even seem very stoked about it. Damn, I was really hoping it'd be in Germany.

Not at one time. 2001 had 11 of the 12, but that's an ignorant post. The UK has had Hybrid Theory in full too, years ago, if we're going by what you say :P

That's a shame they do it only once in Europe, if that's true. Hopefully the USA can do it but the band doesn't even seem very stoked about it. Damn, I was really hoping it'd be in Germany.

just taking the piss lol

Nice! I hope it means a European festival tour is about to take place, along with a few headline shows of course. If the new album will be out by the time of the tour, new songs and HT in full (at least in one show) will make it just an epic tour.

Edited by Mesck547