Linkin Park Headlining Rock am Ring and Rock im Park 2014

Skipees

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think it's a little sad to see that it seems like the band was forced into playing HT, instead of embracing (is that the right word?) the idea, judging from Mike's reaction he didn't seem too happy about it.

I wouldn't say that they were forced. If that were true they could've just said no.

I honestly think it's a little sad to see that it seems like the band was forced into playing HT, instead of embracing (is that the right word?) the idea, judging from Mike's reaction he didn't seem too happy about it.

Didn't Mike tweeted something like "I don't care what we play. I'm willing to play anything." (don't know the exact wording)?

Why would they play HT if they don't want to? It's not like they need the money. They should do this when they want to do it and not because of the money...

If it's really a download exclusive there has to be a good reason why it is. It always seemed to me if was a condition for them to do this to play Download in the first place.

They know we all want to see this, and they wouldn't do it without the promoter "suggesting it", so it don't understand the "selfish" move to do it only there just make it special.

Didn't Mike tweeted something like "I don't care what we play. I'm willing to play anything." (don't know the exact wording)?

Why would they play HT if they don't want to? It's not like they need the money. They should do this when they want to do it and not because of the money...

They only did it, it seems, to get the headlining slot at Download and a fuck ton of money. The rumor is that they couldn't headline if they didn't accept the deal to play Hybrid Theory in full. Maybe management made the deal for the band. They don't seem very pleased to do it.... I mean Metallica did the whole Black Album tour across Europe and even some USA shows. I know we can't compare bands but look at how LP has reacted lately. Mike said it's very unlikely they'll do it elsewhere. As Jonas said, they don't seem to be embracing it and being like "fuck yeah! Hybrid Theory in full, finally! Europe, look out, this shit is about to blow your mind!" We know Chester hates Runaway, we know they obviously don't want to play Forgotten and By Myself in recent years.... This seems like a money deal. Not doing it anywhere else sucks pretty bad.

lol new setlists mean.... 15+ singles, new songs and maybe Papercut and Crawling. I doubt they keep Forgotten, By Myself, Pushing Me Away, etc. They didn't even keep Reading My Eyes around for more than a few shows.

The only shows that could get it will be shows after download, as the band may do the show and think wow that was awesome, the energy in the crowed was great lets do it again, but I dout it,that's why I'm going to download, as it seems like the only reson there doing it was The money, hell if a promotor said here is a shit load of money to play one of your albums in full for one show most bands would do it. But yeah the band are not fucked about it at all you can clearly see it when they have talked about it.the band have stated they hate nu metal and band members each don't like a song off hybrid so yeah it's a big money deal for download. Other shows will get the odd rare song off hybrid and that's it. I meen I hope they change there mind for the other fans around the world, or do a tour of there own and do it. but I just don't think they will

Linkin Park don't seem the type of band to be forced into doing anything they don't want too.

They could quite easily have said no, the UK have a lot of other festivals and if they had felt inclined to, they could have done PR again!

They're probably fine, I imagine more disappointed they didn't come up with the idea themselves.

Have I missed interviews where LP talk about Download? Mike mentioned it once in the FB chat and then I read an interview with Chester in Kerrang? Please, give me other evidence other than Mike saying 'probably not'

Edited by Kirstie

Long story short: New DVD :) Mark my words people :lol:

On the other note, I really don't want to spend my money on really expensive RaR and RiP shows AND Download...more dates please, Czech Republic would be nice, it has been like 6 years? 7 next year since last show in Prague. Would be really awesome to have them there...or again in Poland if you ask me :P

This is going to be one hell of an expensive trip here. Download one day pass if needed (hopefully I can see all 3 days...A7X and Alter Bridge are amazing)...then Rock im Park 2 day pass at minimum for LP and Metallica. Plus whatever other shows LP does. The problem here is that if they do a smaller show like Berlin, they won't announce it until May. That's what sucks...planning a trip can't even really happen until the last minute due to how they announce their European stuff.

About the Download hype - it's the lack of commentary and the general outlook of the band about Hybrid Theory. This band did almost nothing for the 10th anniversary of the album. They played just one song extra, one of their best live songs, and they didn't even keep it around lol. Chester forced the band to drop Runaway in 2012. They showed no interest in playing the mega rare songs recently off of the album, BUT they did bring back With You, POA, and APFMH in 2012. Crawling and Runaway being dropped though are important to mention.

I think they like some songs on the CD, sure, I mean it's a great album. But they said they hate the term nu-metal, they don't like being labeled that, they are way past the HT stage, etc. Besides the press when it was first announced, there's been almost nothing about it from the band. Mike said it's unlikely they'll do it again. If they were so stoked about it, why would they do it just once? Why would they exclusively do it one time? Hybrid Theory and Linkin Park were instantly trending on Twitter just after the announcement...the band knows the "want" for them to do it in full everywhere is HUGE. They could sell out an arena tour on any continent by doing that.

But yet they seem to not want to. I'm not saying that's bad on their behalf because they're probably sick of those songs and would be miserable playing all 12 every show for a year. It's not a case of FORCING Linkin Park to do it. It's a case of "Oh you won't get to headline here unless you do it, so do it or you can't headline" along with a huge cash offer that's getting them to do it. It isn't like they woke up one day and thought "Let's do this at Download" and then called the promoter. Of course the idea has existed for years but it took BIG MONEY to move them to do it ONCE. This is something that could have been done at SSMF but they didn't. Chester even said they wanted to do ATS in full.

It would be cool if LP would play HT in full in other places besides just Download. Rock am Ring especially. Not like I am going to the shows, but it'd be nice for the people who are and it'd be awesome to have as much chances for recordings as possible since we don't know FOR SURE yet if we will get a HQ version of it. They should make a CD/DVD out of it, if they can. I doubt LP will play HT in full in the future anytime soon after this and almost any fan of LP (whether casual or die-hard) would appreciate a CD/DVD of them playing HT in full.

LP could play one of the sonisphere festivals. won't do the uk one as when you headline uk festival in uk, you have to sign to say you won't play another uk festival that year

where's the sonisphere takes place next year?

I'm only heard the UK one