LPU Meetups: Dublin (29.10.2013)

Stranger

From the LPU:

Posted Image

"LPU HQ and Hard Rock Cafe are happy to announce LPU Meetups: Dublin.

EVENT DETAILS:

Join LPU members from all over the world as we gather at the Hard Rock Cafe Dublin. Kiel of Machine Shop will host the event and give the attendees a sneak peek of LPU XIII. In addition we will host a listening party for RECHARGED during the event.

We will not be holding a Meet & Greet.

DATE: Tuesday - October 29, 2013

TIME: 6pm-8pm (check in will begin at 5:30pm) Please be on time!

Your cost for attending will be €15. The Hard Rock Cafe will be serving a pre-fix menu. You may choose from selected items. This cost will cover the food and non-alcoholic drinks.

Hard Rock Cafe Dublin

12 Fleet Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland"

LPU XIII sneak peak? Will anyone be attending?

It is a little short notice and not exactly aimed at those that work!

andydlp, I think you might be right on the turnout.

Just checked and Manchester is my closest Hard Rock Cafe which is possible, if it was a Saturday! *fingers crossed*

(though I'm not currently in the LPU, waiting for the Nov 22)

I hope we get some decent info from it like the tracklist. I can't wait any longer.

I'd bet not a whole lot people will go to this.

Does Machine Shop have an european office or something or do they fly in an employee all the way from the US?

I'm pretty sure they have more Meet Ups planned, at least that would make sense to me. Dublin is a very random location.

Seems odd that they are going to give a sneak peek of LPU13. Either they are doing something epic for LPU13 or they will just show the track they worked on with Beta State or the other band. I hope they don't abandon the demo CDs...

Why shouldn't they? It's an lpu event close to LPU13, they know people are dying to know more.

And why should they abandon the demo CDs? LPU sessions is 2 tracks maxium, maybe just one. Unless they are releasing a 2 track CD I don't see how they abandon the demo CD's.

Why shouldn't they? It's an lpu event close to LPU13, they know people are dying to know more.

And why should they abandon the demo CDs? LPU sessions is 2 tracks maxium, maybe just one. Unless they are releasing a 2 track CD I don't see how they abandon the demo CD's.

I don't know, I just don't want them to think they are trying something different and making it ultimately worse. What I mean is, most of all LP fans are happy with the recent LPU CD's having all demos on them, and I don't want them to change it. I'm not saying they will change it. What I was saying that it seemed odd that they were going to give a sneak peek of LPU13 since they have never done that before with any other LPU CD, it just made me wonder if they are doing something different for LPU13.

Logically I'm not sure what else they could put on the LPU XIII CD other than the 2 LPU Sessions songs and 8 other demos/b-sides, even if they are new album "outtakes" or random new music, like Announcement Service Public was. They've had ages to clear the Pictureboard sample issue...wonder if we'll finally get it. Or if the fans will find it first someday :P

Logically I'm not sure what else they could put on the LPU XIII CD other than the 2 LPU Sessions songs and 8 other demos/b-sides, even if they are new album "outtakes" or random new music, like Announcement Service Public was. They've had ages to clear the Pictureboard sample issue...wonder if we'll finally get it. Or if the fans will find it first someday :P

They could always put live tracks, remixes and acoustic covers, etc. I don't want that, as much as some people would. I would prefer unreleased demos over anything else.

I'm pretty sure they'll delay the adding to the BMI sites as much as they can, especially after we found out about it last time, which was only a few days before the CD came out.

Also this method doesn't help with alternate versions of already released songs.

They came out a few days early when they were still selling them at BestBuy (LPU6 through 9), that's right. I wouldn't really call that a leak though.

Since LPUX the CD's can't possibly leak cause they aren't shipped until you order it after the launch.

I hope we get some decent info from it like the tracklist. I can't wait any longer.

I'd bet not a whole lot people will go to this.

Does Machine Shop have an european office or something or do they fly in an employee all the way from the US?

I'm pretty sure they have more Meet Ups planned, at least that would make sense to me. Dublin is a very random location.

I think Warner has an office here (in Dublin). I think some staff from there were on hand at the LT pre-release listening event or whatever it was called.

Maybe the same staff are doing the meetup?!

I do agree with you, I don't think there will be many people attending.

Even looking at the Facebook comments...only like 2 people seem to be going.

If this was a way for LP to scout locations for the forthcoming tour then its not going to be good for the Irish. Hopefully this is not the case but you never know.

They haven't been here since 2008 and before that it was 2000/01 or thereabouts as support for Metallica.

I might have considered attending but I'm not in the LPU anymore. Its just not worth the money.

Its only a short bus ride away so I could potentially gatecrash it! They might be desperate for numbers!

I encourage you and your friends to attend this event. Even if your LPU membership expired.

if you have any questions at all please reach out to me here: lpuhq@lpunderground.com

-Lorenzo

I think Warner has an office here (in Dublin). I think some staff from there were on hand at the LT pre-release listening event or whatever it was called.

Maybe the same staff are doing the meetup?!

I do agree with you, I don't think there will be many people attending.

Even looking at the Facebook comments...only like 2 people seem to be going.

If this was a way for LP to scout locations for the forthcoming tour then its not going to be good for the Irish. Hopefully this is not the case but you never know.

They haven't been here since 2008 and before that it was 2000/01 or thereabouts as support for Metallica.

I might have considered attending but I'm not in the LPU anymore. Its just not worth the money.

Its only a short bus ride away so I could potentially gatecrash it! They might be desperate for numbers!

I encourage you and your friends to attend this event. Even if your LPU membership expired. if you have any questions at all please reach out to me here: lpuhq@lpunderground.com -Lorenzo

I might go but it all depends on what time I finish work at.

Good to know a valid LPU membership is not required. Maybe you guys should make people aware of that via facebook and/or email.

It would encourage more to go and in turn, you may get more people signing up to LPU