STP 'High Rise' Leaks

hahninator

Same on the Inside is awesome. Chester sounds great and the melody is catchy. I see this being a really good radio song. The ending is really cool.

Listening to Cry Cry and it's as great as I had hoped! Definitely my new jam. 90sec preview didn't do it justice. Just beautiful.

Tomorrow is much better than what I heard in the 90sec preview. You'd think after the ATS previews I'd learn not to listen lol. Really great music in this one.

For me High Rise blows Living Things out of the water. I'm so glad Chester is able to make this type of music, and I honestly hope this somewhat influences the next LP album. Don't need another LT.

Haven't listened yet, but the songs seem short for what I've heard on Out of Time and Black Heart. They could have had a 4 or 5 minute song on there or an interlude. STP's first album had two interludes and an 8 minute one at least

It's an EP, not an album. Don't expect the same experience from different things.

Edited by Final Destiny

For me High Rise blows Living Things out of the water. I'm so glad Chester is able to make this type of music, and I honestly hope this somewhat influences the next LP album. Don't need another LT.

I respect your opinion, but just no. LP is way better than STPWCB. I am a die-hard Chester fan but nothing Chester has done side project wise has compared with anything LP has released. Also, it won't influence the next LP album. Mike wouldn't let LP release music like this. LP has a way different style. LP requires way more aggressive vocals from Chester like his screaming, and these type of grungy vocals wouldn't work well in a lot of LP's settings. Also, just to play the devil's advocate here, I hope they make another LT. Because I'm sick of people bitching about it. When LP had just released ATS, people were begging for a LT style album. Then the band releases LT and all the fans love it at first, then hate on it, wanting another ATS. It's annoying. I always catch enough shit for being a die-hard MTM fan, so I'm just going to defend any album besides ATS just to somewhat troll LP fans. All of LP's albums are 100% perfect to me, so I don't really mind.

Edited by Geki

I respect your opinion, but just no. LP is way better than STPWCB. I am a die-hard Chester fan but nothing Chester has done side project wise has compared with anything LP has released. Also, it won't influence the next LP album. Mike wouldn't let LP release music like this. LP has a way different style. LP requires way more aggressive vocals from Chester like his screaming, and these type of grungy vocals wouldn't work well in a lot of LP's settings. Also, just to play the devil's advocate here, I hope they make another LT. Because I'm sick of people bitching about it. When LP had just released ATS, people were begging for a LT style album. Then the band releases LT and all the fans love it at first, then hate on it, wanting another ATS. It's annoying. I always catch enough shit for being a die-hard MTM fan, so I'm just going to defend any album besides ATS just to somewhat troll LP fans. All of LP's albums are 100% perfect to me, so I don't really mind.

To me Living Things didn't have any replay power. I LOVE Linkin Park, but as a whole I'd say I would rather listen to High Rise than the 5 best songs off LT. And I don't really see STPWCB as a side project, but as Chester's other band. I think it's fair to compare the two. Though to be fair I guess the real comparison will be after a few months and see what I'm still listening too.

Also I really wasn't serious about the influence. I know Mike would never let that happen, but I really think this type of music really shows how great Chester's voice sounds. I really thought LT was lacking. I wasn't a fan of how unfinished a lot of the songs sounded (UIB, Victimized, Skin to Bone).

The thing with music today is that producers want the songs/albums to be as loud as possible, but there's a physical point where when you master a recording too loud it distorts.

The probably best example is the Metallica Death Magnetic album:

So louder is not always better, the louder you make it the more information and dynamics you loose. This has nothing to do with your volume level in your computer, this is all about the volume inside the file.

If you ever recorded for example a live show with good equipment, where you can set your own recording levels, nothing with auto gain like all the digital cameras have for example, you'll notice how insanely loud studio music is compared to that.

There also seem to be small differences between the two versions. For example the end of the song, in the EP version the echo of the very last "time" while it fade out is a lot longer.

I think the vocals in the entire song sound slightly different, maybe it's just the mastering but for example at 2:16 the vocals sound way different, like an additional filter was applied to make it sound more lo-fi.

GREAT description Jonas. Death Magnetic is the first CD I ever bought where I heard VERY noticeable distortion in the songs. It was literally maxed out. I said who the hell would release a shitty product like that???

The Guitar Hero III rips are 100x better and are what I have on my iTunes. The original CD pressing of Death Magnetic is fucking trash.